Change daily achievements to weekly achievements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elydian.1763

Elydian.1763

All OCDers love achievements, boxes to tick, bars to fill, and things to complete. As one myself, it is both the love and bane of my MMO play habits.

However, one thing I’ve hated since their inception are daily quests and achievements.

The problem with daily achievements are that they’re not compatible with life. In general, most people do things on a weekly cycle. They go to work for a few days, and then they get to spend maybe a couple of days doing what they feel like doing. Most people with a fairly normal life like to schedule their pastimes on a weekly basis because of this. You don’t hear of many people waterskiing every day, for example. That’s because they just don’t have the time to do it every day. However, to make up for it, they may decide to waterski all Saturday long to get their fix.

The problem with dailies is that they make people feel they have to log on every day to get the most from the game, when most people just don’t have time. A better system would be to change the daily achievement system to a weekly achievement system consisting of 7 times the amount of things to get done. That way, people who can, and want to log in daily can get things done as they usually do. People who only have time one to two days a week can log in and get the same achievements done during a time more fitting to their lives.

Blizzard realised this when they changed their daily heroics to 7 times weekly heroics. It just makes more sense for human beings.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

+10! I spent 2 hours last night completing my ‘daily’ achievement because I couldn’t find enough kittens to gather. I can’t be wasting 2 hours every day killing and gathering kittens. Besides all that blood makes for a big cleaning bill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

Do you know what the reward is for completing the daily?

It is some experience points and 1 mystic coin. That coin is worth 2 silver right now, and as time goes on they will probably get cheaper.

You can trivially earn the 12 silver in a single weekend play session to “make up for” the 6 mystic coins you missed out on. They aren’t soulbound. The experience points? I’d make an argument that if you don’t have the time to play the game, you didn’t earn that small experience point boost. You’ll only level at a slightly slower rate than people who are playing daily, from an XP per hour basis.

The other rewards from the daily are random and they can be bought in the gem store.

In short, the daily rewards are not very big, and they really don’t merit a nerf to week-long achievements. You aren’t missing out on anything that takes more than a few minutes of gameplay to gain.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alviss.1256

Alviss.1256

The daily is easily hammered out in an hour to 2 hour timeline. I don’t really see how you think this is unacceptable for the “average” player. The average player should have no problem completing this on a daily basis, I do it all the time with no problems.

The way they have it is fine, and no player is required to do it. It’s there for people who enjoy having that task to complete day to day.

You shouldn’t punish people who make the time to play on a more consistent basis, just because others in the world cannot make the time. I fail to see how expanding the daily achievement to be a weekly achievement does anything but limit the amount of rewards a person can accomplish in the given time frame. I mean while we are at it, lets just lower the level cap to 50 since “the people” just can’t find the time to level up to 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

Why not just add a weekly achievement? Keep daily and keep monthly. Make weekly different to daily and give slightly better rewards. Maybe 5 coins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I don’t really see how you think this is unacceptable for the “average” player. The average player should have no problem completing this on a daily basis, I do it all the time with no problems.

Define ‘average’. I work 50+ hours a week, and have other things to do on a daily basis besides playing a game. A 1-2 hour completion time makes the daily achievement a no-go for me unless there is a serious reward attacked to it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Maybe the daily achievements should be partially weekly.
Instead a mere ’daily achivements, would be 7 daily achievements that would reset every Sunday (Monday achievements, Thursday achievements, etc).

You’ll be able to make them daily , or do them all the same day.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

I agree. I hate anything that rewards you for logging in every single day. It encourages an unhealthy playstyle.

I would like it if it was called a ‘weekly’ achievement but was exactly how it was now, but you could do it 7 times a week. Meaning you could get two mystic coins Monday for participating in 10 events etc… but then take Tuesday ‘off’ but at the end of the week still end up with 7 mystic coins. Basically make it exactly the same as it is but the daily resets weekly and can only be earned 7 times in one week.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ninjy.1360

Ninjy.1360

They’re achievements. If you don’t have time then that’s fine, don’t achieve them. They are there for people who go above and beyond.