Change in monthly achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eandur.8109

Eandur.8109

What I really would like to see is the “50 WvW kills” removed from the PvE monthly achievement.

The reason is that it is now pointless to keep this condition, since the PvP monthly achievement has been added.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyranniss.4167

Tyranniss.4167

I agree, when I logged in for the first time in a few day and spotted the pvp daily and pvp monthly I was happy. Figured cool don’t have to be stuck with WvWvW anymore to complete my monthly. then I looked and bam… it’s still there. wtf lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Anet appears to be very focused on pushing all members into PvP & WvW – sigh. There is no way I will ever get a monthly achievement since it has nothing to do with actually playing the game for a month. Why not get something for making all or 90% of dailies mean something. Month is an accumulation of days. That says it all imho.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

I agree completely. I was very happy when I saw that now we have PvP Monthlies/Dailies. Just to realize that the WvWvW invader kill is still there. Makes me sad.

If WvWvW participation is THAT important, at least change it so killing hostile NPCs at camps, towers etc COUNT for that.

Not to mention how puzzling the fact that there is differentiation between PvE/PvP Monthlies and yet the PvE Monthly STILL has the PvP element. /sadface

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

WvW seems to count as PvE, as you get karma and coins in there. Instead getting just Honor like it should.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I’ll count wvw as pve when they stop pinging the map when players are attacking npcs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eandur.8109

Eandur.8109

It is nevertheless a PvP environment, just with different rules.

in Suggestions

Agyaggalamb.4796

Last time I checked World Invaders were characters controlled by other players. Therefore this can’t be considered as PvE since killing other players is involved. The area may count as PvE, I won’t argue about that, but the required activity is PvP imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Well, it does say “Monthly”, not “Monthly PVE”…

in Suggestions

Agyaggalamb.4796

Well, it does say “Monthly”, not “Monthly PVE”…

You’re right on that, however differentiating A as PvP may hint that B is PvE (since they’re like opposites). Or to put it this way, it may hint that B is in fact not A (which is PvP).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

WvW seems to count as PvE, as you get karma and coins in there. Instead getting just Honor like it should.

You get coin and karma from wvwvw because Arenanet intended you be able to level solely in wvw without touching Tyria. Wvw has pve but it is intended to be pvp so it really should be under pvp.