Change mesmer portal

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

First of all this thread went all the way wrong. The author says that people who get the achievement for doing nothing is unfair, but to stop on this he added a stupid sentence that people being portaled to JP is also cheating. It is not. First of all when you want to do JP you can do it, but there are people who are bad or just came online for couple of minutes to get daily chest, why the heck do you care if he is ported. Doing JP is not a competition. Also its not cheating when mesmers port people inside castels. You can clearly see that castle is being under attack and you should find that one mesmer. Also PvP zone is the only thing mesmer has, it sucks in PvE because mobs dont aggro on clones and mesmer dont have much toughness. Portal servers for teleportaion from a spot to spot when both spots should be marked by standing on them, you dont target another portal in mid-air to get some exclusive port.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Let me tell you a story about portals. My daughter, who’s 11, also has a mesmer. One day we did the Troll’s End JP and decided to help portal people up. She started getting little thank you gifts (like choir bells) as a result and thought that was the greatest thing in the world. She had an absolute blast. (I did mention to people that it was my daughter.)

So nerfing portals means nerfing my little girl. Can’t go along with that one, OP.

Oh don’t go sarah mclachian on the thread. Btw gw2 is rated t for teen. 11 isn’t teen yet so technically she shouldn’t be worrying about jumping puzzles.

On a side note, congrats to besting the man! To grenth with esrb ratings!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

First of all this thread went all the way wrong. The author says that people who get the achievement for doing nothing is unfair, but to stop on this he added a stupid sentence that people being portaled to JP is also cheating. It is not. First of all when you want to do JP you can do it, but there are people who are bad or just came online for couple of minutes to get daily chest, why the heck do you care if he is ported. Doing JP is not a competition. Also its not cheating when mesmers port people inside castels. You can clearly see that castle is being under attack and you should find that one mesmer. Also PvP zone is the only thing mesmer has, it sucks in PvE because mobs dont aggro on clones and mesmer dont have much toughness. Portal servers for teleportaion from a spot to spot when both spots should be marked by standing on them, you dont target another portal in mid-air to get some exclusive port.

If they don’t wana do the jp, then they shouldn’t do it. They arn’t doing anything really if they are accepting that portal up.

And I disagree on mesmers being useless in pve, they can provide good boons and team support, even with the portal (take fractals for instance). Also when introduced, the mesmer portal was shown as a kiting skill, so it can be used in its intended way, just not many people feel the need to waste a 90 second cooldown to avoid an enemy for 3 seconds. I agree the cd increase wasn’t a fair step, but I still believe it shouldn’t work in skipping a jp even if they don’t get the achievment.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

If they don’t wana do the jp, then they shouldn’t do it. They arn’t doing anything really if they are accepting that portal up.

And I disagree on mesmers being useless in pve, they can provide good boons and team support, even with the portal (take fractals for instance). Also when introduced, the mesmer portal was shown as a kiting skill, so it can be used in its intended way, just not many people feel the need to waste a 90 second cooldown to avoid an enemy for 3 seconds. I agree the cd increase wasn’t a fair step, but I still believe it shouldn’t work in skipping a jp even if they don’t get the achievment.

People dont only talk about jumping puzzles here, they want to remove portal at all. But for fair solution it should be like this. Mesmers can port people only in PvE regions, but in PvP region portal becomes party depended.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

People dont only talk about jumping puzzles here, they want to remove portal at all. But for fair solution it should be like this. Mesmers can port people only in PvE regions, but in PvP region portal becomes party depended.

That would work. to an extent, except the mesmer can just re-invite people over and over who want the jp done.
FYI, I don’t want the portal removed. I like it’s use in wvw for tactical groups, just not so much in jp. I’d much prefer if chests were weekly and THEN they limited the use of portals/teleports/leaps altogether in jp, gives people time to do the jp and the rewards would sufice a weeks worth. Could reset with wvw rotation so it’s managable with people’s schedule.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

Iruwen, there have been discussions about using the mists warp as an inappropriate way out of paying the fee to warp to LA or elsewhere. I can’t remember the discussion, but fairly certain it exists.

Grevender, stop mixing apples and oranges. AOE “attack” is not the same as aoe “buff”. If all your enemies were clumped in the aoe field it would obviously hit all of them. Furthermore, there is no limit to the number of allies you can buff within a certain range and portal has a 19-man limit, so its not unlimited either. Limiting it to 5 uses is total BS its already way nerfed just with the 19-man limit and radar range.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Freedan.1769

I agree for once with NinjaEd about people simply inviting and leaving party to get portaled. Its not a reasonable resolution. I also agree with limiting chests to once a week. Ultimately I just don’t feel the complaining is deserved. At this point, I think the only satisfying thing would be a developer to come in and say, “we don’t see portal as abusing Jumping Puzzles.” End the speculation for us. But hey, how about this: a JP-exclusive skill! Whenever someone enters a JP they can use an exclusive skill to mimic portal! Then everyone else can complain about Ranger portals for a change….

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t understand the arguments in this topic. You’ve got a skill that is very popular in PVE and PVP, and you want to nerf it to the point where people no longer want to use it? What’s wrong with you people?

Getting people to play together in a game that is so heavily solo-focussed is one of the hardest things there is. But here you’ve got a social element, players helping each other. Exactly what GW2 was meant to be like… and you want to remove that team play element, just because you dislike people skipping an obstacle?

Also, allowing players to improvise with their skills is an amazing contribution to the game play. Don’t take that option away from the players, because then you force them down a linear road, where players are not allowed to come up with creative solutions for them selves. Being able to bend the rules, makes the game dynamic, it gives it life. You folks have no idea how easily you can kill a game by trying to force players to do things one way only.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Grevender, stop mixing apples and oranges. AOE “attack” is not the same as aoe “buff”. If all your enemies were clumped in the aoe field it would obviously hit all of them. Furthermore, there is no limit to the number of allies you can buff within a certain range and portal has a 19-man limit, so its not unlimited either. Limiting it to 5 uses is total BS its already way nerfed just with the 19-man limit and radar range.

don’t get warmed up over the little things, and consider that throwing an apple in the face of someone will hurt him/her although the apple not being a “weapon”; how you use something is what defines the outcome, so if portal is used for portal bombing well…. I have a bad news for you.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Posted by: paladini.7823

paladini.7823

Seriously I see no problem at all with Portals.
I think they are very cool.

If the main problem its Eternal JP, just ask for separated JP.
Dont need to touch portals, they were nerfed yet but still usefull.
Making such changes will just kill the purpose of this skill, as Anet already killed the purpose of AoE placing a max target cap…

Paladini – Sanctum Of Rall

(edited by paladini.7823)

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

Freedan.1769

Grevender, I get your feelings might be hurt in an aggressive topic if someone shoots down your reply. But your “orange” complaining portal affects more than 5 people is nearly as bad as destroying the skill completely. What class do you play Grevender? Maybe you can tell us so I can complain about xyz overpowered skill and hurt your feelings too. So don’t say apples hurt when its ok to throw oranges.

Change mesmer portal

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t see the point of addressing the player limit on the portal, 20 is fine. It offers no boons or conditions, its for transporting only.

Tactically, the skill is great (excluding wall hopping). Unintentionally, it defeates the purpose of jp’s because a large population isn’t doing them yet reaping the rewards. People are doing sharkmaw and trolls end regularly, and by people I mean 1 or 2 memsers. The rest just portal up. Should just shut down these jp for “maintenance” and figure a way to block the line of sight from these puzzles so it can’t be skipped.

The hardest part I see is many puzzles involve xyz paths, you arn’t just taking some straight forward jumps. The ending usually resides really close to the start, so the line of sight is there, therefore the portal is too. There should be a way to eliminate this without nerfing the portal in any way.