Change of race?

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

I like many I know have realised the race we chose wasnt the one We would like to be. But with Hundreds of hours spent on a character which is the profession I would like to be I cant justify starting again to change race, I would love there to be a gem based option for this, No reason why it couldn’t be in game. Any issues with personal story just label it as a disguise potion so I am still the same race deep down you just cant see it and i now can use different cultural armor

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Personal story and cultural armour are most likely the big sticking points, I guess they could just wipe most of those things out so that you’d have to start over again from scratch with your personal story, they could even perhaps convert the armour. But still seems like a bit of effort, programmatically speaking.

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

I would love to see a race change feature.

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Most people don’t need to spend hundreds of hours before they realize they dislike a class. Usually, you only need a dozen or so before they realize you don’t like it; in which case, deleting a character is no big deal.

Frankly, deleting higher level characters up to 60+ isn’t unheard of either. I’ve met several people who have done this without batting an eyelash.

As mentioned before, things like personal story and cultural armor are major factors for whether or not race-change should be allowed.

Personally, I think the feature should just reset you to level1 and THEN allow you to change your personal story choices that are normally picked in character-creation.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: niedawow.6725

niedawow.6725

I would like to see a race change option (gem store) aswell. Like OP said, it could be a permanent disguise option. All the armors and such are already in-game, so they need to be mapped. Unfortunately I have no idea how ANet stores the character information, but it should be database based, so implementation should be possible.

I am just fed up playing asura ..

Gimpo Exitus – proud guardian

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Personal story and cultural armour are most likely the big sticking points, I guess they could just wipe most of those things out so that you’d have to start over again from scratch with your personal story, they could even perhaps convert the armour. But still seems like a bit of effort, programmatically speaking.

Speaking as a programmer myself, this would be fairly easy, actually.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malik.2639

Malik.2639

If they put changing your race you cant really abject to this idea because if you want to change your race you can. If you don’t like the idea you can always not change your race, so this idea would be good idea because it has no real downsides.

Change of race?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

An official response to this question would be wonderful. Even if they didn’t give us an ETA, just to know if it is something they plan to implement in the future, or are even considering as a future gem store item, would be extremely helpful.

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven