Change race/order facility [merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Squidshoe.1065

Squidshoe.1065

I am desperate to change my race. There seems to be no reasons as to why it hasn’t yet been implemented, the pros are innumerable and the cons non existent.

Imagine the amount of money generated by selling such a feature in the gem store – Now imagine the brand new high quality content created with said money!
With more funds Anet could reduce the dragonbash hollographic minion respawn timer from 8 minutes to something perhaps more exhilerating (just an example, dragonbash is great, honest).

In all seriousness Anet’s business model seems to thrive off such features, it just doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense why it was never an option from release? And all those who seem to be irrationally opposed to the idea, just think of the time you could save not having to write all those angry threads about how the content isn’t as thrilling as it should be or how that little thing you don’t like about some trait hasn’t been hotfixed.

+1 FOR RACE CHANGE

More revenue for Anet – More quality content for us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

+1 race change (from cash shop).
For storyline there is no problem. Just reset it and make people redo it. This way it also allows you to change order.
For being illogical there is no problem, we already have dragons and sex change? (can’t change into dragons though )
For cultural gear it becomes unusable but it could be transmutated.
As for Anet stating they won’t do it well, the things they said they will do and didn’t do or said they won’t do and did probably can’t fit their headquarters. And as they say, only crazy people never change their mind.

+1 order change through quest.

+1 to class change in cash shop cause why not. Just refund skills and render old gear unusable if new class doesn’t meet the requirements. Probably need to reset storyline as well.

Lady Minuit

(edited by Lady Minuit.3186)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

Race change would make me want to start to play this game again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I am against race change (though I certainly could be swayed!) at this time. Aside from a number of issues that other players have mentioned, I would also like to add two more issues I have with this.

The first being related to achievement points. You receive points doing certain story missions. Resetting your story mission would allow that same character to go through two sets of achievement points s/he should have not been able to receive without creating a brand new character. You are essentially asking that you be able to play two (possibly more unless ANet limits the race change to only one per character?) stories with one character – less work, you keep to keep all of your items, etc.

This could be resetting all of your personal story achievement points that were earned through that character. Would you accept that? (Also, resetting your personal story would mean that you could also choose a different order – If this was your only character you had received a medal for, say, the Vigil, should that be reset as well because you are essentially resetting your character… not deleting?)

My second issue with rewards. The solution would be simple: disable rewards. This would be another way for your level 80 character to earn more money, experience, and items. Granted, the money and items are relatively low in value… However, the experience can be substantial. From personal experience, I am typically able to get about half a level of experience per personal story mission (again, I don’t and haven’t kept track of this), so you could potentially receive a couple dozen extra skill points that you otherwise should not have gotten.

The solution for this, obviously, would be to just disable rewards.

If a race change was implemented, I would want the above issues to be considered… I also do not think that cultural armor should transfer to the new race. You are making the decision to change your race, and you should deal with some level of consequence. Cultural armor should be account bound so you aren’t completely at loss.

(edited by Mimir.4690)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Squidshoe.1065

Squidshoe.1065

I’m curious, what are these other issues?

As for the personal story and how it ties into your character, achievment points and personal story:
No change should be made to achievement points.
The personal story must have been completed to be illedgible for race change.
No change to personal story other than in the “my story” tab, which should have the minor racial ammendments.

And cultural armor? I’m not sure. I personally wouldn’t be too bothered about losing it. Thats how bad I want race change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malphas.1873

Malphas.1873

GW2 is about cosmetics. A race change should deffo be possible, just make it cost alot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirSixString.6349

SirSixString.6349

PLEASE RACE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!! Do it like a Name Change or Total Makeover, Reset Skill points so we can re-allocate them, restart the personal story and leave gear and profession the same! PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirSixString.6349

SirSixString.6349

Also disable any and all Personal story rewards up to the point of the story we left off before the change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

They dont do it, because u need start again lvl80 and play… but 2xlvl80 warrior why good? i dont know..

in Suggestions

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Has anyone heard anything about Anet on this subject? It has been bouncing around the suggestion forums since the game began. I don’t understand why the wouldn’t make this option available as it could bring a good bit of money to them. I know I’d start playing another one of my characters if this was available.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

+1 For Change Race. It is a fantasy world, make a device or something. But for order change… they should change the story also. You swore allegiance for life u know….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Has anyone heard anything about Anet on this subject?

Last word is that they have no plans for race change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

+1 race change! please ArenaNet!!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

+ 1 for race change.

Anet would make some more money off of me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Race Change wouldn’t work…
You’ve played through an entire personal story on your way to level 80, one where you’ve made changes that impact what missions you’ve played.
If you changed races the game would have no idea what choices you would have made and you will have no idea what the story behind your race is…
If you want to play a different race then make a new character. Levelling is a quick process and you can transfer most of your items to a new character.

A race change item is mechanically a nightmare and so it is very unlikely to happen.. If you picked the wrong race that’s sort of your own fault… You have 5 character slots, one to try out each of the 5 races, for a reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

If the first GW2 expansion brings new races… we will see a lot of race change demands.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Most MMO’s out there has race changes by now, you should release the service aswell ArenaNet. I know for sure a lot of people want this feature badly, including me!

PS: Don’t tell me to make a new character to just change race, I’ve probably spent 500g overall on this character on soulbound items and have around 1000+ hours invested in just this character that I want to change race with.

in Suggestions

Daunte.3095

Most MMO’s out there has race changes by now, you should release the service aswell ArenaNet. I know for sure a lot of people want this feature badly, including me!

PS: Don’t tell me to make a new character to just change race, I’ve probably spent 500g overall on this character on soulbound items and have around 1000+ hours invested in just this character that I want to change race with.

This is the same issue I am having. I have a number of ascended items on my character but I have come to despise his race for cosmetic reasons. Re-rolling is not an option.

And for those complaining about issues with the personal story, why can’t the story be reset to the first chapter of the new race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I really want a race change option. I am in love with my Asura Guardian, but I really don’t like getting anything “fancy” on him because, let’s face it, they’re really dam small. My Asura is the absolute tallest Asura you can make, standing next to most humans I’m well over half their size. I’m on the fence about getting Bifrost on him because it looks so pathetic on Asura. ;-; I made a human Guardian to try to replace him, but I’ve put so much work into my Asura I ended up buying obby shards with the human then deleting him…

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Race Change please!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

This is pretty much how I feel as well and would be willing to pay for this option should it become available.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, I know you said you don’t want to add a race change option because it is sort of not your character anymore sort of thing IE: a human I always a human blah blah blah.

So, why not just make something to make it clear that it’s not the same character and you’re just essentially killing one off and transferring their progress to a different one?

IE: once you use the device (and confirm you wanna go through with it) you get Dhuumed or a little asura portals in an says, “Thanks for using the consortium assisted suicide device!” And blows you up with a canon.

shrugs just saying I’d love to see a race change feature and would probably spend way too much money on it lol.

It should definitely make it so your personal story resets (lets say you get no rewards though including achievements?), “personality” reset, name change, remodel, and cultural armor conversion.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Unacceptable. One level 80 character could just change races to get all of the achievements racial stories give. I stillwonder how is it possible that people choose a race, play that same one for days and realize not to like it, only when too high level to be willing to restart.

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Unacceptable. One level 80 character could just change races to get all of the achievements racial stories give. I stillwonder how is it possible that people choose a race, play that same one for days and realize not to like it, only when too high level to be willing to restart.

A solution to that is – Your story would reset when you race change BUT you get no rewards or achievements for doing the story.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

A solution to that is – Your story would reset when you race change BUT you get no rewards or achievements for doing the story.

I was replying to the person above me, his/her thread was merged to this one, it was a brand new post before.

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Why not have quests which allow you to unlock elites from other races? That would be realistic and cool and like GW1 where it was elite skill hunting. Same for race armour sets?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I was actually at lv 30 when i was like “You know what would’ve been awesome? If i had been an asura instead!” only reason i didn’t reroll was cause of pick and sickle.

That being said i already said in that post “make it so they can’t gain achievements or rewards from new storyline.” IE if they want to get the other achievements they need to make a new character.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Suggestions

Posted by: AresOnasis.4703

AresOnasis.4703

A Race change kit should be put into the Gem store. Just have it reset the personal story. And if you have completed it certain parts, you don’t get double rewards.

Aesthetics is supposed to be a huge part in this game. And you can’t possibly know what a specific race/gender comp will look like with higher level gear, and gear that is yet to be released. For example, I loved leveling my Sylvari Necro. But the high level armour looks ridiculous, and the Hentai Back Piece looks too silly while running. But it looks awesome on my Norn, or Charr.

And for those that say you “don’t experience what it’s like to be that race”. Sorry, but no. You’re wrong. You’re completely ignoring the fact that a lot of people have multiple high level toons. And resetting the personal story would “fix” this anyway. It is ridiculous for a “next gen MMO” to not have this feature.

So yes. +1 to Race Change.

Your faith is your weakness.

(edited by AresOnasis.4703)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Tell you what, if you kept ALL of the rewards you got from your story (every single weapon/piece of armor) and an equal amount of money/karma, then it would make at least a small amount of sense to let you race change after you hand all of those in and forfeit an equal amount of experience to every single story quest reward and then have your achievements reset and your storyline set back to lvl 1. Otherwise none of your character’s interactions with plot NPC’s will make any sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CueQ.7189

CueQ.7189

I would love a race change.

All my moneys!!

Cue Queue
Charr Guardian
[ONE]

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Race change should never happen. however, Anet could easily solve the problem with a reusable tonic that switches to a specific race for a limited duration (say 12 hours, persistent through logging in and out) and then the buff turns off. Have it reusable so that when the buff wears off, it can be put on again (inconvenient, but it’s a compromise between getting race change which arenanet would definitely get bad reception for and not getting it at all). This gets rid of the race change issue about story lines and quests and whatever because it doesn’t destroy the lore, it doesn’t destroy the story system, it doesn’t require any consequences really. it’s fully cosmetic. The toss up would be that you stick to the racials of your non-tonic race.

There needs to be some form of permanency, because arenanet has said atleast once that they want choices to matter. By removing the very base of the character by changing their class or race completely throws the meaning of choice out the window, literally destroying a core concept of the game. literally. So no, don’t change the core of the game, that’s why race changes and class changes are never going to happen, neither should order change in my personal opinion but there is a possibility of it’s existence.

Why not have quests which allow you to unlock elites from other races? That would be realistic and cool and like GW1 where it was elite skill hunting. Same for race armour sets?

It wouldn’t be realistic in the SLIGHTEST. Charr are full on athiest, they would never ever bow or pray to any of the human gods. Neither would asura, nor the norn, nor the sylvari. Humans, charr, sylvari and asura cannot change shape into were-creatures because that is an innate norn ability through generations of spirit worship (please correct me if i’m wrong here). Humans, charr, asura and norn are not made of plant material like the sylvari, they lack the very capability of being one with nature, the closest anyone can get is being a ranger, but there’s still that lack of connection that only the sylvari have with nature (even for worshippers of melandru). Asura are too intellectually advanced for humans, sylvari, charr and norn to understand and use their technology with the same efficiency as an asura.

so no, getting other races elites is not realistic in the slightest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Charr are full on athiest, they would never ever bow or pray to any of the human gods.

Well… except for the few that aren’t, the flame legion to name a few…

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Charr are full on athiest, they would never ever bow or pray to any of the human gods.

Playable charr can’t really be from the flame legion =p.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Flame Legion don’t worship human gods; they worshiped the Titans first (when they were known as the Gold Legion) and then the Destroyers. They’re currently looking for a way to rez their god.

They don’t have much luck in picking their gods…

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Flame Legion don’t worship human gods; they worshiped the Titans first (when they were known as the Gold Legion) and then the Destroyers. They’re currently looking for a way to rez their god.

They don’t have much luck in picking their gods…

actually gold legion become an insult after the titans were removed from the playing field, the charr seeing the flame legions focus on magic as ‘weak’. The flame legion was still called flame legion both before and after their worship of the titans.

Regardless though, you’re right the flame legion wouldn’t pray to the human gods (well balthazar……). That actually inspired a thought, the flame legion decide to go after balthazar as their god and attempt to corrupt any and all things related to balthazar and reshape him into a charr god.

Too far fetched, but what the hell, no harm in suggesting it.

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

YES! Race change please.. No have problems for this…

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

Aparence change is realist? Just for michael jackson.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bbaghi.8934

Bbaghi.8934

Who cares about personal story. I didn’t touch mine at all. We can’t have joy because of lame fake pve?

Arenanet can make alot of profit on this matter, I don’t mind mind to contribute. Any official answer on this matter will be appreciated!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxic.9214

Toxic.9214

Race Change please! I hate my Human Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamrilGelantara.9827

JamrilGelantara.9827

Changing a race completely makes the whole “RP” element moot. Rather why not put more love and work into a new character? So what if you’ve spent a lot of time and effort on one? Stuff like soulbound items are a different can of worms though..

We don’t need no gods! We’re the firing squad!
And if ya don’t want my flail,
better shake that mighty tail! Aw yeah!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamrilGelantara.9827

JamrilGelantara.9827

Why’d you make him then if you hate him?

We don’t need no gods! We’re the firing squad!
And if ya don’t want my flail,
better shake that mighty tail! Aw yeah!

in Suggestions

Daunte.3095

Why’d you make him then if you hate him?

For a lot of players there are certain aspects you just don’t notice about a race right away. I for one didn’t notice human males tiny feet until I was 80 and started looking for some cool boots. Other people experience different issues that just don’t come up right away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

Should tell NCsoft how much money they would make if they forced Anet to implement this.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

in Suggestions

Posted by: sinooo.4951

sinooo.4951

+1 Race Change

even if I would have to:

• start my story from the begging again
• loose all earned skill points
• buy it for real money

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Changing a race completely makes the whole “RP” element moot. Rather why not put more love and work into a new character? So what if you’ve spent a lot of time and effort on one? Stuff like soulbound items are a different can of worms though..

I don’t know what you mean with “RP”.
If you mean the character building, that is exactly the argument for race changes, so as to not make all those hundreds of hours and the passion you put into your character go to waste and robbing it of a future, simply because of an aesthetic flaw. The character transcends race.
If you’re talking RP, not everyone’s big on that.
If you’re talking lore, I beg you, they’re selling Quaggan backpacks and Aviator sunglasses right now in the store and you can already change your bulky dark-skinned male into an petite pale girl and back again if you so desire.

in Suggestions

Posted by: griff.7410

griff.7410

I hate pve and I have no more patience to gain lvl and no time for it that’d only like to change my race, still do not see why not to choose in this game, the personal history itself serves only to gain experience and nothing more ja the set and so follow the ideas above will not tell me who are going to launch this choice when you launch a expanção it would be stupid and losing even more money with 2 competitors to come in the area of mmorpg,

just put it in the game does not have to be so not in the game yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Because a lot of players, myself included, started playing characters we liked, and didn’t care for cosmetic stuff until the later levels. Hell, Dulfy’s GW2 section wasn’t even completed, so you couldn’t tell what a lot of armors and weapons looked like during pre-release.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

As for Race change, I do not care one way or the other.

But for Order change, I do have some ideas about what I think would be a good way for us to access the different armor sets.

Instead of changing orders..after you have completed the main game story line you will be able to go back to any other order and do rep dailies that you will build up rep within that order to get to high enough to buy the armor sets. As you have blended all the orders together and they should have a certain amount of respect for you. So allowing you to be able to gain rep with them should not be a problem.

The difference is that if you joined that order in your story, you can gain rep too, but instead of allowing you to get the armor. Instead each tier of rep will lower the price of the your chosen orders armory from your personal story line.
If the order you are gaining rep for is not your “Main Order” you will only be allowed to get certain pieces of the armor at full price with each tier of rep. Also you could add some more exclusive items for the Main order rep at max tier.

I do realize that some might would want to the gain rep with the Major Cities though rep dailies “like killing centaurs for Divinity Reach” allowing you to get into the culture sets of armor.
I do not think that is such a good idea, but if it had to be so, then maybe the armors would have to be modified to fit a different racial body type and would loose certain outstanding features that made the armor have its uniqueness for the culture it came from. So you could get the armor but it would look better if it was for the matching race.

Also note that gaining rep with Major Cities would allow you to purchase items from vendors with a small percentage off prices with the more tiers of rep you have earned. Unless of course the city is your home city where you could get a major discount for getting maxed out rep with them.
As LA is not anyone’s home city then your best bet is to gain rep with your home city as you will get all the best deals from them at max rep. Also you could purchase a home hearth at max rep where you could waypoint to your home city free from anywhere in the world. And maybe some other cool devices or rewards for maxing rep.
This alone would drive a lot of people back into the major cities and give you new things to be done. Maybe each Major city could get a mini dungeon that can be soloed but would be open for everyone to join into the fray as they all worked in unison as part of the daily system.

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

my warrior is sleeping, hoping for race change to return

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

my warrior is sleeping, hoping for race change to return

I have an Asura Guardian and Human Elementalist waiting for race change aswell. Would use a name change contracts for them aswell.

When you have 100% World Completion, some expanded backpack slots etc, you name it! You dont want to delete a character to start from scratch.

There is already many good solutions for how this race change thing could be implemented which makes me very optimistic that it will someday happen!

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero