Change race/order facility [merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rocklynn.5269

Rocklynn.5269

Race change would be great. Been playing my charr since release and would not mind changing it now. Don´t want to play an alt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boraku.7109

Boraku.7109

+1 For race change.

I don’t mind paying even 2,000 gems for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

ArenaNet will win alot of money with this and will make the players happy… Why not do it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: JZAB.2563

JZAB.2563

I don’t know why anyone is against this. What harm can this do to you, if anet gave us a race change? I don’t want to make a new character because of soulbound skins, commander tag and the fractal back. Even if I made a new character, I would refuse to help anyone in low level zones so, getting us to play old content again is a worthless argument. A lot of us only WvW so, leveling a new char is a hassle. In other words, we don’t care about the lore/story if it bugs out. We just want a race change and reset the story if it’s needed (which no one will probably complete).

This. Seriously it doesnt “harm” anyone. It’s not like this game has two warring factions which would distort the population by everyone going to the winning side, and even then WoW has the option to change races and factions. And I don’t get people who think you should be attached to your characters from the beginning… this is moot since you can already change your character’s genetic features and name

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Unacceptable. One level 80 character could just change races to get all of the achievements racial stories give. I stillwonder how is it possible that people choose a race, play that same one for days and realize not to like it, only when too high level to be willing to restart.

Well, take Charr for example.

When I started I assumed that the massive clipping and stretching issue common in low level armor was limited to the crappy stuff that no one cared about because the real cosmetic goodies don’t come in until max level. So I kept playing her, there were very few cosmetic armor guides at the time that showed the back so I had no idea what was waiting for me.

Now I have a lvl 80, with the same armor I got her at lvl 60 because it’s the only armor that suites an engineer that doesn’t look horrid from behind.

I would LOVE to be able to change to a humanoid race to be able to get rid of the clipping and stretching issues from the armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dontrippy.8906

dontrippy.8906

a racechanger would be awesome! not so much bothered with orders anyways :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Plz do this!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

Plz do this!!!! 2!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karl L.8924

Karl L.8924

This would be a nice feature to have and I would gladly like have access to such a feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Sometimes I love my asura. Great racials, story, animations.
Sometimes I hate not being able to see my armor/weapons.
A race change would be a nice option.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jackal.1296

Jackal.1296

We need a race change option in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

+1

The money made from this will outweigh any of the problems. Even if it’s 2,000 gems, complete story, story gets reset completely and no story rewards for secondary completion, It doesn’t really matter because it’ll still be extremely successful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unbreakable.7543

Unbreakable.7543

+1 for the race change

Personal story could be reset and on second run you could NOT get any rewards so easy thing huh most lvl80s who want a race change wont mind even do it again prob have an alt of that race anyway. Hope we could see this implemented on the near future!! cheers!!

PS: I’ll go for the race change since i dont like my norn animations i dig the humans more, and yes it took me a while to figure that one out. I wont start another character since i will loose all my dyes(have plenty btw) and the cost will be too high for me thats all

(edited by Unbreakable.7543)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostpyro.5942

Frostpyro.5942

+1 for Race Change

I have heard a lot of people realize at level 80 with a lot of gear they just don’t like their race’s look at high level. I think each account should get 1 free race change, and to say it is a huge undertaking to make this happen isn’t really true, all you really need to do is make stipulations. Your personal story must be complete, then you just get a character with it completed. All armors are traded for the races equivalent. If anything doesn’t have an equivalent, you forfeit it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

Fine Arena Net. You not make this. No problem. I create new warrior (Again)
But do it then
- Commander Rank Account bound
- Dungeon Story Modes and Paths Account Bound (All way u see)
- FRACTAL LVL ! This very important! Account Bound !!!!!!
- Colors Account bound.
- WvW Rank Accountbound !!

Yeah. And i do another warrior … But why …

in Suggestions

Posted by: stwg.7589

stwg.7589

please anet, put race change in the game, you will make a TON of money on the gem store i guarantee you that. most people want it, so majority rules i think

Dr Shroomi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fikston.5296

Fikston.5296

No race change is a seriously disappointing limitation, I hope it is introduced!

in Suggestions

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Please arenanet make it happen im willing to pay

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enakro.9428

Enakro.9428

Out of curiosity guys, if you’d change race how would your Personal Story, you know, the one that is at first race-specific qualify? Makes sense to be an Asura in the Blood Legion amirite?
Seriously tho, I second a race change contract that would require Personal Story completion. And also a lot of gems. xD

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I think that we should be able to change our race , order and profession . It`s really easy maybe even without replaying story etc.

1.race – it`s really easy one just change character skin and race skill and that`s it ,so many people are happy , i think that even whole story in our journal should stay untouched , many people don`t care about story they just want different appearance
2.order – another easy one , just switch vendor where you can buy armor
3. profession – it`s more difficult but still possible to do . All skill points are given back , player has to buy new traits books ,if armor is different then profession then armor goes to inventory and it`s unusable by profession.

I think these changes shouldn`t be cheap maybe crafting legendary items but they should be possible . In different mmo Dc universe you can change everything and people love it . You can still play your character but in different way and you can discover your class again and again . And please stop giving stupid advice like go create another character . On my character i got over 300 dyes , dungeon master, 100% map , commander+high www lvl , fract lvl80 and others unique items which can not be obtained now . And devs should remember that their game is nothing without players .

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

Yeap.. No race change =guild wars limitation

in Suggestions

Posted by: VengefulAutumn.2046

VengefulAutumn.2046

1. I say +1 to race change as well as the order change.
  2. I personally think there should be an official poll created that does not allow commenting but allows for different types of votes on the race change/order change options.
  3. Finally I believe that the implementation of a race change would not be so hard to do. From what I under stand, all story lines eventually link up at a point where the Pact is formed and all further story line tree progress is all the same. So in that sense you could keep the story equivalent. If there are the same number of story steps for each race, then making some algorithm for changing the story tree over shouldn’t be impossible. In terms of what gets done with cultural equipment, could be debated. Lastly the skills. I would say all skill points spent on skills gets refunded and then once the race change occurs, the skill points can be redistributed.
  4. Obviously due to the story line being different behind the races, any achievement points will not get rewarded for a different story line. Therefore a certain criteria is required for the race change. I.e. 100% story line completion. I believe many people are prepared to pay a decent amount for this race change, which would be a great source of more income with a simple implementation.

This is just my personal opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

+1 for race change… i think this can be implemented and very possible.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

It can but it wont happen. If it hapens ill give 50$ right away for the item :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

Yeah I would also pay for this.. I really dont care if I lose my race specific skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

PLZ add this!!!!!!!!

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I think it`s really good idea , buying it but for real money lets say something around 5$. But we should be able to change practically everything . Race, order , class(profession warrior ,guard etc.) It would help keep servers in good conditions and help develop living story .

in Suggestions

Posted by: DevilPhaze.6531

DevilPhaze.6531

I wouldn’t mind paying $20 for this

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

but that would be option to keep it only for people who really need it .

in Suggestions

Revlack.9780

ArenaNet – say something…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ran.7485

Ran.7485

So I pre-purchased the game and rolled an Asura Thief at launch, level capped and maxed it out with gear and all the useful gem upgrades purely from farming gold in almost no time at all – I quit soon after, having started to dislike my Asura, with no options for race change – I come back occasionally to see if such a feature has been implemented, but again the answer is no.. I suppose I’ll just have to let the game go. This is rather disappointing considering how mainstream and easy such a feature would be to implement, yet ArenaNet has decided against it even though there is high demand for it. And I’m STILL not rerolling.

in Suggestions

Alex.9567

I don’t think Anet understands the sacrifice we make as players – I have 2-3 hours free a day during the week and that’s at the end of the day, after work, after RL stuff, I don’t want to write a sob story I’m just saying, as players we make a commitment to play the game and it’s an investment that often requires us to put more time and energy in than we realise, all I’m asking is that we can at least make the most of that investment. I just find it highly offensive that they won’t offer us race change especially when you consider that Anet are the ones who made race 90-95% cosmetic, if I knew on pre-launch that race was only cosmetic I wouldve gone about character creation very differently, at the end of the day race was very misleading from the start and that’s why so many ppl would like a race change now, and everyones willing to pay through the nose for it, pffft! Its Anets kitten up!
Just want you to know Anet, I won’t be hanging around for you, I’m not waiting for when you decide you’re ready to give us what we want, this games been lukewarm from the start. When ESO goes live next March and I can finally be done with this thorn in my side.

truly yours

ps i made you some fan art

Attachments:

(edited by Alex.9567)

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I don’t think Anet understands the sacrifice we make as players – I have 2-3 hours free a day during the week and that’s at the end of the day, after work, after RL stuff, I don’t want to write a sob story I’m just saying, as players we make a commitment to play the game and it’s an investment that often requires us to put more time and energy in than we realise, all I’m asking is that we can at least make the most of that investment. I just find it highly offensive that they won’t offer us race change especially when you consider that Anet are the ones who made race 90-95% cosmetic, if I knew on pre-launch that race was only cosmetic I wouldve gone about character creation very differently, at the end of the day race was very misleading from the start and that’s why so many ppl would like a race change now, and everyones willing to pay through the nose for it, pffft! Its Anets kitten up!
Just want you to know Anet, I won’t be hanging around for you, I’m not waiting for when you decide you’re ready to give us what we want, this games been lukewarm from the start. When ESO goes live next March and I can finally be done with this thorn in my side.

truly yours

ps i made you some fan art

i completely agree with you I don`t have time to spend 7 more months to level another class because Anet decided that NO .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

ArenaNet – say something…

They have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sailor Scout Inners.2517

Sailor Scout Inners.2517

+1 Race Changes. Wouldn’t mind the option for class changes either. Willing to pay big bucks for this option lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vincent.7640

Vincent.7640

+1 for race changes.
I hope this feature is released sooner than later. Though profession changes sound ridiculous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sambuca.9754

Sambuca.9754

Yes.. I would love to be able to do this as well..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mai Abadeer.7516

Mai Abadeer.7516

+1 For race change !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

you people talk about race change like it’s as easy as flipping a switch

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

We’ve already been given reasons why race changes can’t and won’t work. If you want something of a different race, make a new character of that race. If you want another order’s armor, buy it on another character (maybe that character you rolled for that race you wanted?) and just transmute the pieces to other armor and transmute it back to the desired character.

in Suggestions

Alex.9567

look maybe i over reacted on my previous post, just to clarify i’m not to lazy to roll another race or profession, i rolled 6 characters on pre-launch from all the different races, my 3rd alt a charr necro is the main reason for me wanting a race change, i just dont like any caster armours on charr for me they’re all crap, the problem is i have maxed 2 crafting disciplines on my necro, i have 2 sets of dungeon armour, dungeon weps, trinkets etc..for me to roll another necro in a different race (while possible) just to get the cosmetic look i prefer doesnt make sense. but i promise you one thing, in like a year or two anet will release this feature but for now i will have to live with my choice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I promise you they won’t because it would screw with personal story progress, cultural armor, and achievements and it’s not something they want to deal with. I’d get used to the fact that you can either live with your character, delete it, or make a new one, but they will likely never have race changes.

Not every game is WoW and has these things. Being able to change race takes out any sort of importance that people have on choosing their characters starting options, personal story choices, and progress in general.

Take for example, I make a human. I select the choices and choose to save the orphanage over the hospital. Ok cool, great. I then go and join order of whispers, cool great. Down the road I want to change my race. Ok, how do I determine my story options? How do my choices get changed from the specific option I made earlier?

Not to mention but it’d be a huge headache for Anet to do this. They’d have to find a way to retroactively change all of your achievements, gear, story options you made, and story paths.

No. Lol this is a dumb idea and if you really want a new race with the same profession do what me and everyone else does – buy more character slots and make some new characters. I have 3 warriors, 2 rangers, 2 guardians, 2 elementalists, and then 1 of everything else with varied race combinations. I like norn, charr, and human heavy armor – thus the 5 soldier professions.

So do that or live with your choices but I bet you that they never do this (as they’ve mentioned before when this was brought up previously). Also this topic is coming up just as much as mount topics. Some people can’t take no for an answer though I guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

Race Change Please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAEEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE . HAVE ALL MY MONEY I ADOPT MY KIDS I GIVE YOU MY HOUSE BILLS I SELL MY CAR PLEASEEE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

Bump bump bump bump

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chonghao.8965

Chonghao.8965

Race change is a great idea. Really like this.

+1 for race change !

(edited by Chonghao.8965)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

Shut up and take my money! HERE add this feature just cause it’s fun You rolled a tough Fem charr and spent 2345 hours on it great here is a unique potion of chaos magic fine tuned from your local asura genius blah blah blah… Poof now you are a cute little Quaggan errr human female!? or maybe a asuran male!? w/e you want enjoy here is a map to your new town and a new story for your life yet to be forged but un rewarded again with those oh so epic Basic level items you get for story rewards or killing some giant #%@ undead dragon ENJOY!

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

Arenanet you want my money yes or no omfg? Add the item to race change and ill
give 50$

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weke.3251

Weke.3251

Being able to change race would help me get rid of this godkitten low camera that Asuras possess. Im also too lazy to farm 3 gear sets and tons of ascended items all over again. And yes my Asura is the tallest possible. The camera height isnt gamebreaking, but still gives an asura warrior a signifigant disadvantage, especially in WvW…

[VcY] Hammernaut | Official Roleplay supervisor of Velocity

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vincent.7640

Vincent.7640

Shut up and take my money! HERE add this feature just cause it’s fun You rolled a tough Fem charr and spent 2345 hours on it great here is a unique potion of chaos magic fine tuned from your local asura genius blah blah blah… Poof now you are a cute little Quaggan errr human female!? or maybe a asuran male!? w/e you want enjoy here is a map to your new town and a new story for your life yet to be forged but un rewarded again with those oh so epic Basic level items you get for story rewards or killing some giant #%@ undead dragon ENJOY!

I agree, it wouldn’t be hard to create some kind of lore or explanation behind a race change.

in Suggestions

a t s e.9614

You dont need any lore for this . There is no lore for sex change or apprence chance..
They can implement it pretty easely i just dont know wheres the problem maybe its not a priority