Change the name of the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero.6082

Zero.6082

My friends and I were playing earlier this morning to realize that we have been playing for one full year now!!! Yeah. Then it dawned on all of us we have been playing for 12 months straight and not gotten a single precursor or drop worth more than lets say 10 gold. And yet another one of the guildies lucked out with drop of spark 2 months into picking up the copy of the game.

It got us all wondering:

1. The game title is called guild wars, but i don’t see an single war between guild nor a reference towards guilds fighting. Whats the point of the game being called Guild Wars if guilds don’t fight there is no halls! no teams! and you can only have 5 people in a party?

2. This game require no skill nor commitment to the game. 12 years later a dungeon title working my butt off and all i have gotten is an email from them saying: “thanks for playing have you checked out the gem store lately we love your money!”

3. It took them 12 months to add a decent farming event after 11 months why they didn’t allow farming WHY NOW! (o and the stuff your farming ins’t that good)

4. Why guild wars 2 mission statement was don’t worry play the game and you will get everything you need! Hello MCFLY 12 months still need stuff!

Which brings me to my conclusion! Why is this game called guild wars 2 i think we should change the name to a more appropriate title! Vote which one you like better!

1. Guilds and Getting Lucky!
2. RNGS with a little bit of fighting!
3. No skill required…. but we like your cash!
4. Guildville!
5. Slots! staring the Mystic Forge

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

1. The game title is called guild wars, but i don’t see an single war between guild nor a reference towards guilds fighting. Whats the point of the game being called Guild Wars if guilds don’t fight there is no halls! no teams! and you can only have 5 people in a party?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

LOL, so true and so sad.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Not much left of that either in the game :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

thanks for bringing up the original Game…. this is the second part yet not that many references were made when it comes to guilds.

Also those stories are not in the game they are on website that are associated with the game. I dont have to time to search for this when I want to spend my time in game and play.

Also they can also consider Daily Wars 2 as a title.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaviar.2468

Xaviar.2468

i believe its time for an expansion, but are we gonna get that at all?
i know what you feel OP, but lets hope it will get better and i would like to see some real Guild Wars.

“How can you enslave people when their mothers bore them as free men?”
— ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (radiaAllahu ‘anhu)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

I think the way they are doing with Living Story is fine. The only thing missing is that not much changes in the world after these events….

I want a permanent change to occur becuz x did this and we have to do this. They should also increase the map… there so much we can not explorer.

in Suggestions

rjnemer.7816

thanks for bringing up the original Game…. this is the second part yet not that many references were made when it comes to guilds.

Also those stories are not in the game they are on website that are associated with the game. I dont have to time to search for this when I want to spend my time in game and play.

Also they can also consider Daily Wars 2 as a title.

LOL thats what i do. Log in, Do my dailies, do my daily dragon by guesting to a server, then log out.

I did start to do the living story stuff until i got to the part where it required you to do 5 invasions.

Thanks, but no thanks.

As much as i LOVE zerging (/sarcasm), ill pass.

Edit: if my guildmate needs a fractal run ill jump in that sometimes.

in Suggestions

rjnemer.7816

I think the way they are doing with Living Story is fine. The only thing missing is that not much changes in the world after these events….

I want a permanent change to occur becuz x did this and we have to do this. They should also increase the map… there so much we can not explorer.

The living story is kitten’ content that is just a scheme to add more rng items to the gem store.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

if they would actually add GvG and guild halls etc. it would make more sense

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief