Change to server mechanics?

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

If it is really true that people who dont even play anymore are taking up server space and causing them all to be “FULL” can Anet just change it and make it so that if an account has been inactive for 30 straight days it is marked as inactive and booted off the server freeing up space for other people and when the person comes back the account gets back in the server for free until they leave for 30 days again.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

It must be really hard now for new players to play with friends on full servers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

I think it’s is more likely to be the way the numbers are calculated is causing them to show “Full”. 15 days is ridiculous tbh the time scale has to be much, much longer I recently popped into Rift for a few free days I’d not played that for over a year all my characters were still there just where I left them and on a full server after server merges. Plus booting ppl off a server as you suggest is a sure way to ensure they don’t return and no game should ever want to stop players returning…

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

I think it’s is more likely to be the way the numbers are calculated is causing them to show “Full”. 15 days is ridiculous tbh the time scale has to be much, much longer I recently popped into Rift for a few free days I’d not played that for over a year all my characters were still there just where I left them and on a full server after server merges. Plus booting ppl off a server as you suggest is a sure way to ensure they don’t return and no game should ever want to stop players returning…

Well maybe 30 days would be better.
and when I say boot off the server I mean temporarily so it does not take up space and when they come back the account will get back in the server for free.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

Another thread?! Please use search in the last 5 pages I can see at least 3 threads about this. Stop QQing, I’m on crystal desert and I never waited to play, sometime I’m wondering if I play the same as everyone…

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

Another thread?! Please use search in the last 5 pages I can see at least 3 threads about this. Stop QQing, I’m on crystal desert and I never waited to play, sometime I’m wondering if I play the same as everyone…

this is not a QQ about full servers, just a suggestion about what should be done about this.

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

……………