Changes to Aegis

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think Aegis should give you 1 second of invulnerability when it’s removed. Why?

Because a lot of skills hit multiple times in one attack. This completely destroys the point of Aegis.

Your opinions?

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I think Aegis is ok as it is. Everything should have a count, and this one is to use multi-hit skills. Just my two cents.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Totally, absolutely, 100% agree.

But only if we give the WARRIOR easy access to aegis with low CD, otherwise it would be unfair.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Warriors have easy access to Aegis….just adventure with a guardian…they spam aegis on everyone around them. Warriors already have practically every other useful skill in the game (except stealth which will probably come in the next patch), please leave some things to the other classes.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Lol yeah right, the last thing a warrior needs is another skill that makes them more OP.

Aegis as it is currently is extremely lackluster. As said, any multi-hit attack renders it pointless. Either as said make it add invuln for a second or two or make it last for the entire attack skill, and not just one hit of it. Like if I have Aegis up and a war HB, it blocks all of the HB attacks before its removed. Basically a “per skill” block, not a “per hit” block.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, thank you. Buffs should go to weaker skills, classes and mechanics, not to the already strong ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Nope. And while we’re at it… retaliation needs to be nerfed for the very reason you want aegis buffed.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

Totally, absolutely, 100% agree.

But only if we give the WARRIOR easy access to aegis with low CD, otherwise it would be unfair.

I know right, they need stealth as well, so they can backstab people with a greatsword.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I hope you’re not referring to pve, because aegis is practically op already.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Nope. And while we’re at it… retaliation needs to be nerfed for the very reason you want aegis buffed.

I would say it needs a minor reworking and not an actual hard nerf. A lowering of the number of retal ticks on AoE would suffice imo.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

I was actually. Aegis is supposed to block one attack, not a part of one attack. 1 second isn’t exactly enough for you to go on a rampage and wreck everything on godmode, I was intending it to simply be able to do what it was supposed to do, which the mechanic isn’t doing at the moment.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

I would say it needs a minor reworking and not an actual hard nerf. A lowering of the number of retal ticks on AoE would suffice imo.

I think that’s a part of a wider issue really. Anet for whatever reason refuses to balance the game separately for PvP and PvE. Things like retaliation are massively decastating in PvP but are borderline useless in PvE.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Atherakhia.4086

I think that’s a part of a wider issue really. Anet for whatever reason refuses to balance the game separately for PvP and PvE. Things like retaliation are massively decastating in PvP but are borderline useless in PvE.

Are you including WvW into PvE like ANet does? Because I double dog dare you to play a Ranger and Barrage a zerg with your heal on cooldown. Or use Rapid Fire into a zerg with piercing arrows.

I agree with the above poster. Retaliation needs to either have an internal cooldown to only trigger once every 3 seconds or AE spells that continually attack should only take damage on the first hit.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

WvW is PvP. You’re clearly fighting against other players in WvW.

Tell me something then. What is point of retaliation in PvE? To minorly annoy the enemy like confusion?

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Atherakhia.4086

WvW is PvP. You’re clearly fighting against other players in WvW.

Tell me something then. What is point of retaliation in PvE? To minorly annoy the enemy like confusion?

I’d agree with you.. but ANet always classifies WvW with PvE so I had to ask.

Retaliation is the boon equivilent to the condition confusion, yes.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I was actually. Aegis is supposed to block one attack, not a part of one attack. 1 second isn’t exactly enough for you to go on a rampage and wreck everything on godmode, I was intending it to simply be able to do what it was supposed to do, which the mechanic isn’t doing at the moment.

Aegis is for ohk blocks. If used correctly along with everything else in the guardian repertoire, a good guardian can carry bad teams through dungeons. It allows me to literally res 4 fully dead party members during lupi phase 2 while in zerker gear. With a good team it allows full dps uptime for the entire team on various bosses. Aegis is one of the skills that makes guardian a desired dungeon class.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

There’s no reason for you to be hit by a multi-strike attack if you have Aegis. You need to learn to dodge. You get one freebie with your Aegis on the first attack, then you need to avoid the rest.

You really think you should be able to just stand there and completely nullify a multi-strike attack?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Why does this thread even exist?

No way in heck does aegis need this.

RIP in peace Robert

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

Aegis is GOOD as it already is nuff said, that aside, awesome thread :J

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Aegis is fine.
Why make it OP?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Aegis is fine.
Why make it OP?

Compared to blind, aegis is weak. Both negate a single attack, however blind can be used much more often.

There aren’t many ways to apply aegis and the skills that do apply it have hefty cooldowns:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aegis

Relative to the cooldowns, I’d say Aegis isn’t that strong. Negate one attack every 60secs+, but blind a enemy to negate a attack every 20secs or less.

Sure in pve, bosses have immunity, in pvp there is condition removal. Despite the draw backs of blind, its still vastly superior. I personally think a one second invulnerability for aegis is too strong. I’m not sure what they could do about the multi hit problem.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Aegis is fine.
Why make it OP?

Compared to blind, aegis is weak. Both negate a single attack, however blind can be used much more often.

There aren’t many ways to apply aegis and the skills that do apply it have hefty cooldowns:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aegis

Relative to the cooldowns, I’d say Aegis isn’t that strong. Negate one attack every 60secs+, but blind a enemy to negate a attack every 20secs or less.

Sure in pve, bosses have immunity, in pvp there is condition removal. Despite the draw backs of blind, its still vastly superior. I personally think a one second invulnerability for aegis is too strong. I’m not sure what they could do about the multi hit problem.

Blind is nothing in PvP, one autoattack and it’s gone.

So unless you’re standing in an AoE that blinds you on ticks it really is a weak condition.

Changes to Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

aegis is fine. the recharge time on virtue of courage is not, however.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE