Changing Confusion Ideas

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

-Make it so it doesn’t hit EVERYONE that runs through the glamour fields (or only hits 20 like the portal)
-Make it so it doesn’t affect healing skills or dodge roll.
- -25% damage instead of -50% damage.
- Rework how confusion works, maybe take away ticks for each ability used.

Ideas?

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

-Make it so it doesn’t hit EVERYONE that runs through the glamour fields (or only hits 20 like the portal)
-Make it so it doesn’t affect healing skills or dodge roll.
- -25% damage instead of -50% damage.
- Rework how confusion works, maybe take away ticks for each ability used.

Ideas?

I don’t have any ideas because I have never played a Mesmer. I do think something needs to be done. On my thief confusion Mesmers were very tough opponents, more often then not they would beat me into the dirt. Now its a joke. They drop the confusion and I dps right through it. I’m not sure how it effected Mesmers for large groups but small fights it seems like it killed the condition.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Everyone I know with Mesmer is doing a complete respec, then learning how to play the new build. And anyone who has an alternative level 80 character with a profession more suited to WvW has switched to it.

I’ll probably be taking my Staff/Hammer Guardian to WvW a lot more often than my Mesmer unless things change – it’s simply the more potent choice right now in groups.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I hate how they nerfed confusion damage because of the stupidity of players running in and out of glamour fields while zerging.

The change affecting those small group players so much…making the build useless.

The problem with confusion was not because of the damage, but because of how it was applied. It could hit mass numbers with 1 skill.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I hate how they nerfed confusion damage because of the stupidity of players running in and out of glamour fields while zerging.

The change affecting those small group players so much…making the build useless.

The problem with confusion was not because of the damage, but because of how it was applied. It could hit mass numbers with 1 skill.

Actually, the problem with Confusion is that it affects good players. It makes them stop attacking, which is why it has no place in an action MMO. This is why long duration crowd control does not exist in GW2.

It was obviously an OP gimmick build though, and everyone knows OP gimmick builds will eventually be nerfed. That is the risk you take when you gear one out.

Mesmers do need some kind of condition build though, it just shouldn’t be one that penalizes you for attacking.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Actually, the problem with Confusion is that it affects good players. It makes them stop attacking, which is why it has no place in an action MMO. This is why long duration crowd control does not exist in GW2.

It was obviously an OP gimmick build though, and everyone knows OP gimmick builds will eventually be nerfed. That is the risk you take when you gear one out.

Mesmers do need some kind of condition build though, it just shouldn’t be one that penalizes you for attacking.

Give us better access to burning/poison/bleed/chill. The only other class (engi) that had confusion access has nearly every other condition available to them. Mesmer had confusion and blind which we used only for the confusion oh and that was nerfed too

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Everyone I know with Mesmer is doing a complete respec, then learning how to play the new build. And anyone who has an alternative level 80 character with a profession more suited to WvW has switched to it.

I’ll probably be taking my Staff/Hammer Guardian to WvW a lot more often than my Mesmer unless things change – it’s simply the more potent choice right now in groups.

yup stared a thief yesterday. its amazing how u can run in and press random buttons and then stealth and the next hit crits for 1k eventhough im lv 4.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Confusion-1/first

Proper fix. Either this, or this:

Give us better access to burning/poison/bleed/chill. The only other class (engi) that had confusion access has nearly every other condition available to them. Mesmer had confusion and blind which we used only for the confusion oh and that was nerfed too

Or refund the 500k karma I spent on rabid gear. Support says they can’t.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Ya I don’t understand why they didn’t just fix how it was applied to so many people etc instead of a 50% dmg nerf. Very crazy imo.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

well the 50% damage nerf to confusion just put it in line with spvp i still believe the mesmer class has some of the best skills in wvw, such as portal, timewarp, only 1 less invisibility skill than a theif(not counting steal invis skills), plus with traited one handed sword u can stay invincible 25% of the time or more.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Changing Confusion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

The confusion condition was designed to keep some semblance of the original GW1 Mesmer’s Hex builds. Do you remember Empathy and Backfire? How about Visions of Regret or Calculated Risk? Mistrust is another good one… and to an extent Wastrel’s Demise, Wastrel’s Worry and Waste Not, Want not… The first 5 were Hex’s centered around causing your opponent to kill themselves by attacking or activating skills, the last 3 were designed to motivate those hexed targets to attack.

The original GW1 mesmer had a nasty arsenal of “confusion” and they could use it quite effectively too. I had a build in GW1 for my Mesmer that utilized several of the above skills as well as some similar Necromancer Hexes. The build was a nice Catch 22.

The GW2 counterpart of Confusion isn’t quite as deadly as the orignal hexes were though…

With the Hexes it truly was a no-win situation. If you stopped attacking you’d die to some heavy spike damage from Wastrel’s Worries and Wastrel’s Demise while potentially suffering from any number of health degen hexes. On the flip side if you attacked you’d kill yourself from Empathy, Backfire or any other “confusion” hex, even attempting a hex removal on self was a major risk.

The condition on the other hand doesn’t have the same draw-backs. Yes it may force you to stop attacking until the condition falls off or risk the damage to burn a condition removal, but you aren’t thrown into a no-win situation by Confusion alone. Quite honestly, I’m glad that Mesmer’s have such easy access to Confusion. That was the funnest part of playing a Mesmer in GW1, manipulating the battle field through hexes to effectively make my opponents kill themselves. You don’t see classes like that very often in games…

It may sound like an OP mechanic, but if you stop and analyze it, it’s really not. A mesmer’s true damage comes from their target. There are several ways to counter a Confusion build as well. Playing a class with an auto-proc condi removal is one way… another way is to simply risk a single hit by burning a condi removal on your own. Alternatively you can stop attacking and make an effort to evade attacks by just avoiding being hit, you don’t have to dodge roll to evade everything, many attacks can be easily evaded by simply walking forward.

If your in a WvW zerg and you get hit with Confusion, the best thing to do is to withdraw into the zerg and avoid attacking until it falls off, plus many classes have AoE condi removals, and odds are at least one person in that zerg who is playing one of those classes will burn an AoE condi removal and you might just be standing next to them.

For reference; Necros, Elementalists, Engineers, Guardians, Rangers… all of these have easily accessible and versatile AoE condi removals.
Necro: Well of Power, Plague Signet;
Elementalist: Healing Rain, Cleansing Wave;
Engineers: Healing turret, Elixir C;
Guardian: Ray of Judgement, Purging Flames, “Save Yourselves!”, Bow of Truth;
Ranger: Healing Spring, Spirit of Nature;

That may not even be all of the AoE condi removals in the game either… Confusion isn’t the end all condition it’s being made out to be. Infact the argument of:

Actually, the problem with Confusion is that it affects good players. It makes them stop attacking, which is why it has no place in an action MMO.

is 100% incorrect. Confusion does not affect good players. “Good players” know how to counter confusion and are capable of calculating the risks of each choice in a quick decisive manner. Usually the best choice is the simplest one too, “burn a condi removal” you get hit one time from confusion then it’s over and you go back to attacking.

TL;DR: Read the post I won’t give you a real TL;DR ever.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.