Character Reincarnation Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rantaine.4759

Rantaine.4759

Hello ArenaNet, I wanted to make this suggestion for since I began playing, and it seems no one suggested it yet.

The idea of reincarnation, wich I’ve seen in another mmorpg, is that, after maxing you character, you can restart him in another class. Basically, you re-start like its brand new, but you get something in return. It may be a little stat bonus you earn from each incarnation. For example, if you have maxed out a guardian to lvl 80, you can reincarnate
some other class with inate 100 healing (dont know how much would be apropriate). Even if its a +10 stats bonus, it would still be awesome. Because would give a HUGE replay value to the game, and would be a very long goal, designed for end game content, that would make your player spread around the world more evenly. You could also give some cosmetic changes, maybe a special logo with you character name, or a title, that would show how many lives your toon had before.

Anyway, I’m sure you guys will have lots of ideas to improve this “reincarnation” concept, so I will be waiting to know what you think.

Your huge fan,
Rantaine

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

This sounds interesting…
I like the stat-bonus. That way, you could reincarnate a couple of times – once per class/profession, I’d say – and end up playing your favorite class with a bunch of nice stats benefits. Start as a warrior, reincarnate as a thief with +1(per level) power, reincarnate as a mesmer with +1(per level) power +1(per level) precision etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

no.
It’s bad already that there’s ascended gear making it a huge pain to make new characters, you want to add another layer ontop of that?

Now it’s:
So, you want to play fotm with something other than your asura ranger? Well too bad. You gotta first spend 2000g before you can have that other character. Have fun farming for a year, THEN come back. Enjoy the other obsolete content we’ve left ruined with the rise of ascended infusion items.

you want it to be:
So, you want to play fotm with something other than your asura ranger? Well too bad. You gotta first spend 2000g and reincarnate him 1000 times before you can have that other character. Have fun farming for a decade, THEN come back. Enjoy the other obsolete content we’ve left ruined with the rise of ascended infusion items.

(edited by Unanimous.1486)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

It’s just a bonus, not necessary…
For people who like leveling more than end-game content, it could be a lot of extra fun.
I, for one, have always loved leveling, I like end-game content, unless it means I need to farm before I can enjoy it. I don’t like farming/grinding, so I just level a new character. Having the benefit of reincarnation, would allow me to level my 2nd profession a little bit faster/easier, then having to start a whole new character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: plarzmo.5930

plarzmo.5930

Maybe just give accounts with a level 80 & 100% completion an xp bonus to all other characters? I don’t know how much of one but, I can see the reincarnation thing causing quite a stir. I know in other popular MMOs older accounts got bonus xp for being a certain age, so it’s not a crazy idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

I dont like the whole reincarnation idea, it will be way to unbalanced that way.

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

for me reincarnation bonuses it means than in wvwvw good fighters would be just the ones who already played for a long time… no good at all…
you can easily beat up (or beaten up) a non lv 80 in wvwvw already don’t make it impossible for new carachter to partecipate

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride