Character Zoom

Character Zoom

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toli Rosca.9041

Toli Rosca.9041

Right let me paint a picture. You’ve spent time energy and maybe even real money on your little virtual self. They have importance to you. You’ve picked out the colour scheme, fought for the armour, unlocked loads of dyes, found the perfect hair (leaves, scalp?).

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to zoom in closely to admire them?

Maybe on the character select screen? Or on the armour choosing screen? Just some way to look at all the tiny detail there is?

Fable a offline RPG had this feature to see how your character was progressing.

I’m sure people who write character fictions would love to be able to have proper character portraits up close? And people lev to show off their alter egos!

I know it’s a silly idea but it wouldn’t take much to implement.

Is it just me who feels that the zoom function doesn’t let us get close enough to our characters?

Character Zoom

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree. There are “cheats” to help, though they are clumsy. You can put yourself by a wall or tree etc and pan your camera until it hits a small sweet spot where it zooms in but doesn’t get so close as to make you transparent with floating teeth. You can work with a friend to exchange screens where you stand near each other and pan until the other person is filling your view.

I’d love to be able to easily zoom in to see the tweed on my Noble’s Coat, or the etching on my hair accessory. The textures in this game are so beautiful and so hard to see thanks to the camera limitations.

Character Zoom

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toli Rosca.9041

Toli Rosca.9041

I agree. There are “cheats” to help, though they are clumsy. You can put yourself by a wall or tree etc and pan your camera until it hits a small sweet spot where it zooms in but doesn’t get so close as to make you transparent with floating teeth. You can work with a friend to exchange screens where you stand near each other and pan until the other person is filling your view.

I’d love to be able to easily zoom in to see the tweed on my Noble’s Coat, or the etching on my hair accessory. The textures in this game are so beautiful and so hard to see thanks to the camera limitations.

I know! The character detail is so amazing it’s such a shame I can’t get a close up look at them without clumsily using the scenery to “push” the camera in. And it would be easy to implement and doesn’t change any gameplay mechanics. Also would be useful on the armour dye screen to at least be able to zoom in on the face!

Character Zoom

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

I think it would be even better if we could zoom through our character. So that we can take panoramic screenshots without our character standing in the way. I would love to shoot a wildlife documentary!