Character bound keymapping.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

As the title says I’d like to see a keymapping system that is tied to characters (when we want to) and not to the whole account.

The reason is that I play an engi aswell as other classes, but when I’m on my engi I really want my F1 skill to be on my regular heal button since I use the med kit alot due to how hes specced. And with the medkit your heal is on F1 and the regular healing button only equips the kit. You could also switch them around, so the F1 skill equips the kit and the heal button is the heal even for the kit. But this would mess up some traits that are tied to the toolbelt skill. So a character based keymapping system would be the best solution.

Currently I need to remember to remap the healing key when I play him and remap it back when I’m on another toon, sometimes I dont remember until its too late.

So some form of system to bind keys individually to characters would be awesome!

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beaster.4531

Beaster.4531

No support, It would be a hassle to re-key bind every time you made a new char

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mantis.2850

Mantis.2850

And well worth the hassle for some of us.

Having an option to would be nice. Don’t have it turned on by default, but still have it there for those of who like having unique keybinds for each toon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I can’t believe this key customization is account based in a game that recommends you to play alts so heavily. Its completely nonsense. This is especially fatal for the profession skills because some profession like Elementalist use them extremely frequently while some only use 1 (warrior) and you may even don’t hit that key for hours depend on your build.

I don’t see why it is so hard to get it implemented. I am a programmer and I am very sure that this can be done in 30 minutes. I have no idea what they are thinking of …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

So its a hassle to rebind your keys with every new character, but relearning your keybinds because of a drastically different play style of different classes is NOT a hassle?

I Support this!

The more options we have the better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Wouldnt be a hassle to rebind the keys on every toon you make, because it wouldnt be needed.

WoW (I know I shouldnt mention it) has a perfectly working character based keymap system when you need/want to use it. All it does is save the keys to your account, then you can just go in, click a checkbox that says “save keybinds to character” then you switch the keys you want for that character but all other toons have the same old setup.

You create a new toon and the basic setup is there for him with all changes done except for the keybinds you saved to your special toon.

So no there should be no hassle with a game thats 8 years younger than WoW.

They could even manage with a ToRish system that they use for UI customization. You create a UI, in our case a keymap, give it a name then you load it on your character.

You create a “general” mapping theme. Then you create one named “engineer” which is only active on your engi. Then when you create a new toon you just load the “general” keymap you made, just like in ToR you loaded a UI you prefered that was saved to your account. Easy, simple, flawless and no hassle.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in Suggestions

Posted by: oneleggedpony.8531

oneleggedpony.8531

If a Mod could merge the threads below with this one – The thread keeps getting made by different people but ends up lost after a few posts – thanks

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/suggestion-Character-profile-specific-hotkey-sets/first#post259822

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Keybindings-Option-to-make-changed-unique-to-character/first#post259687

fully support the option in the form of a tick box -

IE

if tick box checked -

use keybinds for all characters

if tick box unchecked -

keybinds exclusive to character unchecked

- default state: tick box checked

this means for those that do not wish to have to rebind character keys every time they make a new character – they won’t have to

for those of us that do however – it is just one simple click to untick a box that we will do alongside remapping the keys we want for specific characters.

ta da – everyone is happy

thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

At least movement and combat controls should be character-bound.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!