Character control with the mouse

in Suggestions

Posted by: nitzanly.9843

nitzanly.9843

Hi,

I am very annoyed that there was no click to move / change direction of character control on the mouse like in Guild Wars 1. (sorry that I call it a bug but it stops me from playing the game)

I stopped playing after an hour, my friend that came to see the game gave up after 10 min. we played guild wars for over 2 years.

I would like to see the function added (as an option.)

I read over the internet that it was removed by you, I dont understand why. I preordered the game and I played for an hour and I am going to stop. I bought guildwars 1 and eye of the north and several items so I consider myself to be a fan but I am not going to get frustrated from keep using the mouse, I just cannt play it.

(Just feeling dammm stupid) Thanks,
Nitzan

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

I found that very hard to get used to as well when i first started.. I have no idea why they changed that either, no one has been able to explain it to me.

Imo dont give up on this game. stop for a while, then come back. i did, after a few days. I too nearly quit cause I couldnt get used to the controls.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

(edited by StormcrowX.9236)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

Sigh. This again?

Click to move was removed because it’s an unreliable, inaccurate, and frankly just plain bad way to play the game, and most games for that matter. Using W, A, S, and D to move ensures that you can maneuver and kite enemies in the way that you need to. The system worked in Guild Wars 1 because it went well with the combat system. In Guild Wars 2 explain to me how you are going to efficiently kite enemies (something frequently required) and also dodge attacks (almost always required) when you are clicking to move? You can’t, and you won’t be able to. They could add the option, but then people will be complaining about how much harder the game is because they are not playing with the proper controls. There’s a reason people don’t ‘click’ in MMOs anymore. It’s ancient and it doesn’t work most of the time. Just like in single player games. If you want to play you’re going to have to learn how to get used to different controls. 1 hour isn’t enough time to adjust to it. You have to actually practice and eventually it will be second nature.

in Suggestions

StormcrowX.9236

you know you could use both wsad and mouseclicking at the same time right? they’re not mutually exclusive.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

in Suggestions

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

@solirus that works for pve but for pvp how are you suppose to know how far to run when you cant even turn and look at how many people are chasing you.in pvp i like to click then turn camera around so i can see who and how many are chasing me so i know when to stop and fight

in Suggestions

Posted by: SCMFXT.7385

SCMFXT.7385

@solirus that works for pve but for pvp how are you suppose to know how far to run when you cant even turn and look at how many people are chasing you.in pvp i like to click then turn camera around so i can see who and how many are chasing me so i know when to stop and fight

Use the “Look behind” option.. Keyed it to a button. You can run forward while looking behind you to see who’s after you. Work for me.. althou I do missed using mouse to move my character around.

in Suggestions

StormcrowX.9236

it would certaintly make alot of mundane crap easier though, like if i wanted to merch junk all i’d have to do is click on the npc and my character would automatically move forward in a straight line. something simple like that would help a lot, specially underwater where you have to keep swimming up and down to get to the various npcs. and when i want to get somewhere fast, its easier to click on the spot rather than to keep holding down W.(i know theres auto run but i find it awkward to use)

Also, i don’ believe mouseclicking is detrimental to strafing, it can even complement it, like i used to do in dragonball arena. but they probably arent gonna bring it back which sucks. no good reason to restrict people with different playstyles imo.

-NaughtyProwler.8653