Character selection screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

You guys need to work on the character selection screem it is really depressing and uninspiring ina game about dragons
Here is how “others” can do it but not you

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doobie.4795

Doobie.4795

Being a kitten to a dev probably won’t get your idea close to being supported.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Being a kitten to a dev probably won’t get your idea close to being supported.

I don’t even want to. It is one of those ideas they seem to ignore for over an year now so I didn’t put any hope in it. it has been suggested many times to change it but as the search function is another broken feature I made a new thread. Just felt the need to show others what is like to have an appealing screen

in Suggestions

Doobie.4795

Ok well if the screen is so bla and depressing. Simply don’t play, or don’t look at the screen when you login. Don’t sit on the screen, if they moved to the screen you linked. I would be wasting 15seconds everytime the game loads to see the same dragon do the same exact thing over and over. There’s no need. The current screen does what it needs to do, being able to instantly load. Select a character and go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flanar.5981

Flanar.5981

I like the Character selection screen the way it is. Simple and detailed. I wouldn’t want to change it.

If there was a dynamic loading screen (Like Assassin’s Creed), maybe I would have agreed. But the Character Selection screen is perfect imho.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

They didn’t even copy the character screen from their GW1.
This is how uninspired designers they had. This one looks like it was made by some of those students they have with internships so it was cost free.

in Suggestions

Doobie.4795

Looks fine to me. Don’t play the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I would like them to show weapons/back items that we acquire in game – maybe different poses “in combat” or something…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

At least it would be nice to see the whole of u’r character. The horns and part of the hair is cut off on my charr…. I Think male norn doesnt fit the screen either…

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

You’re only on the character selection screen for a few seconds so as far as im concerned it doesn’t need to be that fancy .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Character selection screen is no different in GW 2 than it is in GW 1… I’m getting mighty annoyed at people comparing this game to another.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Character selection screen is no different in GW 2 than it is in GW 1… I’m getting mighty annoyed at people comparing this game to another.

and I am getting annoyed by people not seeing the forest for the trees.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

and I am getting annoyed by people not seeing the forest for the trees.

Touche, my friend.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Judging form all the negativism seen in this thread i would suggest A-net to scrap all the character selection screen for good
Who needs this crap anyway?
Something like the picture below will be convenient, fast loading, easy to understand not fancy, etc

Attachments: