Character size. Anyone have issues?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morfae.7146

Morfae.7146

I would like to alter the size of my character as I made her in a hurry and she has turned out a bit to small so looks a little silly standing against others.
Not a big issue for me but I was wondering if others had any problems with the larger characters doing puzzles etc, or are just unhappy with the size they chose.
Aside from not making the wrong size in the first place, what options would you like to see implemented so that adjustments could be made?

Sorry if this issue has already been covered in another post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

My thoughts on this were that your character needs to be placed next to an average model and not eyeball it with a slider. Also, everyone making their characters as tall as possible also tends to put a damper on things.

As far as character sizes/puzzles goes, all characters (at least within their race/gender subset) have the same clip box regardless of what you do with the slider.

in Suggestions

Morfae.7146

Interesting solution to the slider issue, i like the idea of an average model.
I mentioned the puzzle issue as someone recently mentioned to me that they made their character, a Norn the largest they could and with his shield on his back he found it obscured his view, in jumping puzzles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaveyHavok.1840

JaveyHavok.1840

Agree, I think many players make their characters tall and because of that it makes “small/short” characters look so awkward and out of place. My character is personally a medium height. I really enjoy standing next to other players taller than me and some shorter than me because it’s actually boring seeing everyone the same height, doesn’t make any character really stand out as an individual… if that makes any sense.

It would help other players by adding a “shadow/outline” of a figure next to your character during the height option so you can really see the difference between short, medium and tall.

TC

in Suggestions

Morfae.7146

Great idea a shadow would have really helped me.
My character is not the smallest option but you would think she is looking at her.
Being a thief i thought small would be nice, being a small lady myself also i thought it appropriate, however she just looks stupid.
She is lvl 41 so it’s to late to remake her really.
Lets hope something is introduced to allow adjustment. Perhaps for a small fee.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaveyHavok.1840

JaveyHavok.1840

Great idea a shadow would have really helped me.
My character is not the smallest option but you would think she is looking at her.
Being a thief i thought small would be nice, being a small lady myself also i thought it appropriate, however she just looks stupid.
She is lvl 41 so it’s to late to remake her really.
Lets hope something is introduced to allow adjustment. Perhaps for a small fee.

I’m pretty sure everyone, including myself, is crossing their figures for a way to change your character appearance:

• Barbershop that you can pay with in-game gold (I think AN said they didn’t want this because they didn’t what players to change their character all the time, so maybe just make it really expensive?)
  • Gem Store item that allows a one time change, allows you to change everything, hair, face, height, skin, on one character.
  • Hairstyles and Facial Hair I would gladly pay money to buy new hairstyles and facial hairs. But if I buy it… I want the new item to be account locked for the character creature screen. If it’s one-time use for one character… BS..

Honestly, nothing on the Gem Store is worth buying. They are all temporary/limited items, good thing you can pay with gold if you really want it. And armor skins…? come on, if I buy something I want it to be mine, I want to keep things like armor skins. I can see why certain things like, xp boost, etc etc are limited use only, obviously.

People would definitely pay for character edits.

TC

(edited by JaveyHavok.1840)