Chat Log or Copy/Paste Mechanics

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ponendus.4987

Ponendus.4987

Hi all,

Firstly let me say that I enjoy RP, so this is particularly for that, but I think everyone could benefit from this functionality.

I would really, really like to see the ability to highlight and copy/paste from the chat box. I recognise you can highlight your own text before hitting enter, but I mean the ability to highlight whole conversations. I have experienced some amazing RP in game and it’s such a shame I can’t save it without taking hundreds of screen shots.

Even better would be a chat log feature that let’s you save your entire play sessions chat to a document available offline.

Either way, it is what I would love to see!

Thanks for an amazing game ArenaNet and thanks everyone else for reading.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

Well you can copy into the type box(aka input field) using Ctrl+V(after copying something from a website or notepad or something like that). And you can also do those kind of shortcuts as long as you highlight text in the type box. But I agree, not for RP-ing reasons mind you, I think we should have a chatlog feature and be able to copy from the chat box, not just in type box.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Suggested some time ago and basically ignored…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Personal-chat-logs

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ponendus.4987

Ponendus.4987

That didn’t mention anything about copy paste mechanics though. A chat log function is ideal but I would honestly settle for copy and paste, which I can’t imagine would be terribly hard to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Would love to have a chat log, and copy/paste ability. But I get the feeling Anet will continue ignoring this… because people, being the idiots they are, will start pasting links to keylogger sites in main chat, and other people, also being idiots, will click on those links. And of course much account hacking would ensue. So I’m guessing Anet is avoiding that whole headache by keeping the chat simple.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ido.4637

Ido.4637

I’m dying for copy abilities. And I’m quite aware I can post things INTO Map Chat, but I just can’t pull anything back out. It’s KILLER for Guild interaction.

Hey check out this cute picture of a kitten! Oh wait, you can’t. Because you can’t copy/paste.

A Chat Logging system will prevent the gold spammers from hijacking the functionality. And then maybe allow Copy/Paste out of Guild or Party, but continue to keep it blocked in the public channels…

in Suggestions

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Since no one has commented on this in a while. PLEASE PLEASE add this feature, it is soooo very annoying to have to type out a web link some one posts. It cannot be that difficult to add in since you log all messages anyhow. Just give me a right click option so I can copy a line of text to clipboard. I bet it would not be that many lines of code.