Chat UI Improvement

Chat UI Improvement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Hi!

I’m here to talk about the Chat UI that lack of readability a bit.
There’s some things I can suggest to improve the readability.

When many people are talking, especially roleplayers who make long texts or emotes, the readability fall drastically.
The tab mechanism is helpful by letting us dispatching channels, but it’s helpless when the flood is on the same channel.
Also, emotes are all grey with little contrast making a truly visible distinction between the end of an emote and the begin of an other. Especially when chat is flooded.

Please add a “Class colored” option for the /say and /emote that color people names with their class color, the text remaining white as snow or grey for emotes.

Also…

When you have a big resolution but not a huge screen, chat text is very small. The “big font” option just seem to make text “bolder” instead of “bigger” in my case.
It would be very helpful if we can select more font size until three or four times bigger.
Not only for those that have small screen with nice definition, but also for people with vision disorder or simply playing at a distance of their screen.

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

Chat UI Improvement

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Sometimes I would be happy for a class mini-icon before the character names…
COMMANDER tags also when signed-up.
And custom colors.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Chat UI Improvement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Also, theres no lock on the channels so you can easily click them away, its extremely annoying and really like ot know why Anet hasnt thought about it

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Chat UI Improvement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Need more sizes too, “large” isn’t that large.