Posted by: Marrgon.6852

Marrgon.6852

Hey Anet.

This is my Christmas event list for Santa

1. Call it ‘Christmas Event’
2. Some amazing skins that can be found in Regular chests or random mob drops
3. Santa hat
4. Snow man and Rudolf mini pet
5. Christmas Gift from Santa (Random Exotics and a 20 slot Santa sack?)
6. An amazing dungeon like Mad King
7. Fun jumping challenge
8. ZERO one off events
9. ZERO lag issues
10. Happy GW2 players

Thanks you
Marrgon.6852

PS. I’ve been very good this year!

Christmas Event wish list

in Suggestions

Posted by: Belly.8419

Belly.8419

Good luck with numbers 1, 8, and 9.

Edit: Oh and 10…especially 10.

Belly Stomper – Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

If sylvari don’t get more glowing lights.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Good luck with numbers 1, 8, and 9.

I was about to say the same. I believe the holiday is called something like Winterfest in GW, mostly on account of the fact that Jesus doesn’t exist in Tyria. Not that it would really matter because most Christmas traditions in the real world predate Christianity anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

Black lion chest, with a rare chance to get a xmas chest. The xmas chest has a rare chance to get a skin or mini inside.
Everyone likes opening presents, so everyone will be happy!

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

1. It’s called “Wintersday”, and they shouldn’t call it Christmas.

I would love if they added a mini-game in each capital city to help revive populations in those cities. I even came up with basic, race-inspired games for each one…

(Asuran) Dredel with Golems. Four players around a ring… Golems turn into dredels, who have a few attack skills but mostly have to knock each other off the rink (maybe like… 100 feet high or something?)

(Norn) We already get the keg brawl, so maybe just spice it up with an Egg Nog brawl, and holiday related skills, rewards, etc.

(Human) Sled race… like the beetle race from GW1! Those were so much fun.

(Charr) A sort of PvP type of game where each side has to collect candy canes, ornaments, etc. to build this giant snowball cannon and whichever side finishes gets to blow the other side up.

(Sylvari) The tree is turned into a big jumping puzzle with ornaments, etc.

Bad ideas, but meh. =P

in Suggestions

Marrgon.6852

I would love if they added a mini-game in each capital city to help revive populations in those cities. I even came up with basic, race-inspired games for each one…

(Asuran) Dredel with Golems. Four players around a ring… Golems turn into dredels, who have a few attack skills but mostly have to knock each other off the rink (maybe like… 100 feet high or something?)

(Norn) We already get the keg brawl, so maybe just spice it up with an Egg Nog brawl, and holiday related skills, rewards, etc.

(Human) Sled race… like the beetle race from GW1! Those were so much fun.

(Charr) A sort of PvP type of game where each side has to collect candy canes, ornaments, etc. to build this giant snowball cannon and whichever side finishes gets to blow the other side up.

(Sylvari) The tree is turned into a big jumping puzzle with ornaments, etc.

Bad ideas, but meh. =P

I like them

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Candy canes, lots & lots of GW1, I mean GW2 candy canes
Wintersday name to be kept though, not christma.
And my favourite. The GW1 item you can use that summons a plummeting snowman onto you /please-grovels-etc

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I wouldn’t be shocked if we got candy cane trees to chop down like the candy corn mining nodes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Pre 15th Patch that is all I want

in Suggestions

Marrgon.6852

I wouldn’t be shocked if we got candy cane trees to chop down like the candy corn mining nodes.

OC! That would make me happy

Candy Cane Staff skin?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I hope that pretty skins for my Hivernels will allow a Asura to have three toes warm in winter!

And there will be fur and a beautiful coat with a hood.

But most importantly, they leave the skins in permanent sales … I can never get to buy Christmas …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

11. Staff reshuffle.

in Suggestions

Marrgon.6852

11. Staff reshuffle.

LOL! I did wonder if anyone got axed after the recent event…

in Suggestions

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

My Wintersday wish is to not have Wintersday stuff locked away in a cash shop chest. Just let us buy the things outright.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

1. Considering it was called Wintersday in GW1, it would be much more appropriate to call it that again.
2. More skins are very likely, and would be loved. Make them drops or something, might be better than that game of chance they been running. But then I was not one of those that cared that much.
2. Likely… some kinda costumes or such are very likely yo turn up in gemstore.
4. Very specific on the minis there… we will get some, and those would be… decent.
5. Free exotics to everyone? really?
6. Yes pls.
7. Yes pls.
8. That is what they do. However it should be done in the Mad King way imo, a final that goes off every hour, half hour, or so.
9. Some will lag, unfortunately. Anet should keep up their end with the servers. But if you got bad pc or bad connection… really nothing gonna change that.
10. A lot of the players will be happy… certainly. They might just say less.

What I want:
A. Give good lore reasons for the other races to celebrate wintersday. Back in GW1 norn were already showing intrest. Expand on that.
B. Again with the lore. Explain how the event changed from being the fight between Grenth and Dwayna to something else.
C. Would love to see other places than Lions Arch decorated.

Eh I think that is it.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ska.7943

Ska.7943

If they did Wintersday in Divinity’s Reach only I could understand that lorewise. Or make Div’s Reach decorated all over, but only a few spots in LA.

in Suggestions

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

actually be weapon and armor skins on the cash shop instead of in chests.

in Suggestions

Posted by: UtopiaDivine.1964

UtopiaDivine.1964

I think it would be neat if in the Norn areas, there were sleds around like there are diving goggles and you could sled down a hill. I don’t know if anything like that is possible, i just think it would be neat to watch my character sled down a hill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

All I want is more bug fixes and balancing issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

A home… so I can use the wood I chopped from Kessex Hill for my fireplace. Invite people over for a roast pig from my Chef outfit. Get everyone drunk and have everyone brawl it out since everyone got coal for Wintersday.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Free legendary items!
What? They can expire in 1 day. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saldonus Darkholme.5680

Saldonus Darkholme.5680

The FREE wintersday gifts from GW1 would be nice. However, from the looks of things, we’ll probably get a “Wintersday Chest” for 100 gems in the cash…I mean…gem shop!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Probably belongs in the suggestion forum, but I’ll add my ideas as well.

What I would like to see:
-Wintergreen, Gingerbread, and Candy Cane weapon skins from GW1
-Costumes of course
-Mini Pets (Snowman, Grinch, Elf, etc)
-Repeatable Events (none of this one-time stuff that singles out your players)
-Reasonable Rewards (skins, not exotics/ascended/precursors/legendaries)
-Great Snowball Fight of the Gods (PvP Arena)
-Presents with random goodies (tonics, fruitcakes, eggnog, types of consumables)
-Rewards for completing different phases (none of this like Lost Shores was where you did phase 1 and 2 and didn’t get squat unless you did phase 3)

What I don’t want to see:
-One time events (these just single out your playerbase)
-Lottery Chests (no no no. RNG for holiday stuff is just wrong)
-High-end gear rewards (It’s supposed to be a holiday. Rewards should be just for fun)
-New recipes with outrageous material costs (again, it should be fun not work)
-Gem store restricted items (I mean stuff that you can’t do in the event unless you buy from the gem store)

A Holiday Event is supposed to be about fun and enjoyment. It is a time to get away from the traditional grinding and regular game play, and do something relaxing and different and just have a good time.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

obtainable candy cane and gingerbread exotics
SANTA BOSS, kind of like the one in Hunter: the Reckoning Redeemer
exploding presents, and the present game in towns with the grentches

also, Ghosts of Tyria’s past – it would be nice to come across Guild wars1 NPCs/heroes that have passed on into the mists. i would like to see how Jora lived out the rest of her days, and what happened to mhenlo and koss and melonni, etc.

and open ring of fire map, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Staff reshuffle, please Anet.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

All I want for Christmas is bug fixes and balancing issues fixes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

1-time events as accound bound quests instead of huge events. So we can do them at any time during the christmas period

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frozegnome.1305

Frozegnome.1305

The jumping puzzle should be climbing up a giant spiral Christmas tree, having to jump around the edge of it; running on the cords for the lights and then having to run towards the center to maneuver through the inner branches.

Some ornaments could be “enchanted” and would dance around and you would have to jump on them to get through certain sections. At the top would be a platform with a glowing star and a chest. Something like that.

Also, bring back the snowball fight from GW1. So much fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I think it would be neat if in the Norn areas, there were sleds around like there are diving goggles and you could sled down a hill. I don’t know if anything like that is possible, i just think it would be neat to watch my character sled down a hill.

I love that idea. It could be a monthly achievement as well, to find all the spots and get a title for it XD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

So, its good celebrate some undead ritual from American pop culture called Halloween but not celebrate Christmas too? How is that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

The USA Ronah did not create All Hallow’s Eve, it predates even the western colonisation of the USA by a few hundred centruies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

in game I want…a Mini Trahearne…or a Trahearne Potion…or Caladbolg Skin…

in real life I want a Trahearne Christmas Tree ornament, Trahearne’s stockings, Plush Trahearne, Trahearne figurine that says things like:" Commander, a moment please. Moving on. This wont end well."

I just feel…there’s not enough Trahearne in my life. Please make my wishes come true. Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

add reindeer and a chance for a santa in the sky sighting in the norn areas.

make santa like a dragon boss (HUGE, with sleigh), also explodes into candy upon death. make it so that instead of equipped weapons, make players use snowballs to attack santa-dragon hybrid. he could throw presents at players, but the presents players would keep. he would have an AoE-style present, which drops onto groups of players (damaging them), but then explodes into goodies for players to recover and pick up. freeze rays galore could be a special asuran gun, or something.

flip side, make a scrooge-like dragon, as well. this one would also be a hybrid dragon, with similar attacks to Bubbles the Sparkfly(?) dragon – the one with the name i cannot pronounce correctly. players would combat him by throwing coals and rocks at it. various special weapons can be like a coal gun that shoots coal like a shotgun, or something, or more seige weapons at the site with larger boulders.

since these will probably be one-time events, GIVE EVERYONE LIKE 100K Karma, 12 gold 24 silver 12 copper (easter egg!), and Exotics for participating, to offset the possible culling/lag/disconnect issues that will surely arise (Christmas is all bout awesome gifts, right?). also make it so that it does not take place in Lion’s arch or other cultural hubs, and make it an instanced event, so players get teleported to a private group instance, and not pick up late to the party people (so you have had to be there to start with everyone else). adjust events so that all my be able to participate eventually and frequently on alts. also since its a separate instance, it should be repeatable multiple times/day.

also, will drop insane amounts of karma and good cheer upon players. would also like to see ghosts of ascalon past (such as heroes from the first games) showing up and giving out great USEFUL/WORTHWHILE items, without the need for fetch questing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I’d like to see a Christmas tree jumping puzzle that rewards random ascended rings (guaranteed ascended rings) that can be completed once every 24 hours and is available for 72 hours before it’s removed.

I’d also like to see the snowball fight.

The Ascended gear puzzle would be a way to make the rings more accessible through a fun way as a way to tide us until the grind factor and the lack of ways to get them outside of FotM is completed and implemented. It would also be a really, really cool Christmas gift that’s easily achievable by everyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Secret Lair of the Snowmen to be added to fractals or as a mad king style event at some point durig the event(perhaps after a little scavenger hunt to find the map like in EOTN).

Change the dyes drops so winter themed dyes drop more frequently than others(maybe add some special rares into the mix aswell).

Include all starter zones somehow so we get to see how each race celebrates wintersday.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

My Wintersday wish is to not have Wintersday stuff locked away in a cash shop chest. Just let us buy the things outright.

Agree, I am more likely to spend real money on gems if I can buy skins outright.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Do not, under any circumstance make weapon/armor skins available in chests. Make them rewards for actually doing the event.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Octan.6513

Octan.6513

A great Christmas tree in Lion’s Arch in Grand Piazza!