Classes too strong that I've noticed while pvping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

Hi! I’ve noticed as people get better at their classes these particular trends keep coming up more often.

Most importantly Thief burst out of stealth is way too high. Assassin’s Signet and a lot of the traits in the Critical Strikes line are to blame for this. The lag issue with stealth is also troubling but that’s okay for now because I’m sure that’s a getting fixed technical issue. When Thief steals from a necromancer, the fear the thief get’s lasts 4 seconds, and in this game, the thief can kill you before the fear ends.

Mesmer’s phantasms are too strong and are much more terrifying than the actual mesmer. Also Moa lasts a bit too long

Warrior’s Kill Shot is normally okay when it’s a small fight because you can keep an eye on the warrior for a long cast, but in wpvp, you’re going to take around half your health out of nowhere and that can be very frustrating.

Ranger’s Binding Root is hard to target and is harder for ranged classes to get out of because of cast times on attack. Necromancer has it even worse because conditions don’t effect it.

As more people notice these class strengths, they’ll become the cookie cutter builds and the required abilities and traits of the classes. Then the imbalances will be obvious, I’m just trying to give a heads up to the dev’s so that it doesn’t go on too long and get my 2 cents in now instead of later :]

Thanks for reading!

(edited by Derek.9021)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FKNrocked.7421

FKNrocked.7421

sounds like you need to just up your game a little bud… lol j/k. necros need to get nerfed anyways imo, they aren’t as strong as they should be with certain builds. Just grinded a necro just to get a fat disappointment in pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

sounds like you need to just up your game a little bud… lol j/k. necros need to get nerfed anyways imo, they aren’t as strong as they should be with certain builds. Just grinded a necro just to get a fat disappointment in pvp.

.. You mean BUFFED, right? Nerfing is making something weaker

My quest is to find the dorito.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

Rock is too strong, but paper deserves a buff.

-Scissors.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StevieMJH.9105

StevieMJH.9105

Rock is too strong, but paper deserves a buff.

-Scissors.

Everyone deserves a buff.

-Ranger

P.S. Except Warrior.

in Suggestions

Derek.9021

can responses to this be more specific. I’m focusing on pretty specific issues to some classes in pvp.

And I haven’t played necro, I have a guardian and elementalist. I just sympathize with ranged user’s esp necro because condition builds have a lot of issues atm

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

TL;DR My toon got butt hurt by these classes in PvP.

Seriously? Ranger OP?

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Mesmer’s phantasms are too strong and are much more terrifying than the actual mesmer.

Well… thats how mesmers work, their phantasms are their versions of damage spells. If they get nerfed other mesmer skills will need to get buffed and the mesmer playstyle will go from a illusion based thing to your regular run of the mill caster.

Phantasms are nothing more than spells, you can dodge them and all that aswell as hitting them or LoSing them, you can also kill them quite quickly.

As for the ranger root, yes its buggy and annoying and I can rarely ever target it, also good point on the condition thing and root. I’m annoyed whenever I try to take out any form of “structure” in the world and conditions not stacking.

Stealth lag, yep also noticed it alot when facing thieves, they can stealth sure, but it doesnt last THAT long, also it should break on attack which it doesnt at times.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in Suggestions

Derek.9021

TL;DR My toon got butt hurt by these classes in PvP.

Seriously? Ranger OP?

no, I can kill all these classes just fine. my classes are strong, I’m just pointing out some issues. I never said Ranger is OP, I said binding root is buggy and difficult to destroy unless you can just swing a melee weapon and hit it. Please everyone, read my post and dont assume anything. It’s pretty upfront.

And for mesmers, I agree that phantasms are just a spell, but that spell is too strong or too frequently used with ease to be balanced imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Kill Shot doesn’t even do as much damage as the rifle #3. Do you have literally only 10,000 health or something?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

OP: I won’t argue the game needs some balancing tweaks, but after taking in your list of suggestions I agree with those who have said you need to up your game a bit. It’s not an easy game to master and some just aren’t as good at it as others. The PvP in this game is sick and probably more dynamic in terms of required hand-eye coordination than most FPS games. Some will be inherently better than others and the best of the best seem to flock to PvP. Just sayin’

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

And for mesmers, I agree that phantasms are just a spell, but that spell is too strong or too frequently used with ease to be balanced imo.

Nope, they are no different than any other spell. They are just as hard/easy to use as any other spell in game. Actually the only phantasm that attacks directly is the berserker, the dualist and the others have a very short period after they are summoned before they start attacking. Berserker lands on the target and does his whirlwind attack.

Then the phantasms have a decent cooldown before they can attack again, during which time they just stand there.

What exacly is too strong about the different phantasm spells?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Nope, they are no different than any other spell. They are just as hard/easy to use as any other spell in game. Actually the only phantasm that attacks directly is the berserker, the dualist and the others have a very short period after they are summoned before they start attacking. Berserker lands on the target and does his whirlwind attack.

Then the phantasms have a decent cooldown before they can attack again, during which time they just stand there.

What exacly is too strong about the different phantasm spells?

Mesmers sacrifice next to all damage to their phantasms which then dishes out 4 seconds worth of damage that other professions would normally be doing every 4 seconds. The mesmer itself on the other hand is basically all utility skills. the end result is that the phantasms are far more terrifying than the mesmer will ever hope to be and the numbers the phantasms create every four seconds scare the crap out of people in PvP. People without any plans and just rushing towards the mesmer like if it were a simple trash mob in the field will end up killing themselves.

Playable Tengu please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

can responses to this be more specific. I’m focusing on pretty specific issues to some classes in pvp.

And I haven’t played necro, I have a guardian and elementalist. I just sympathize with ranged user’s esp necro because condition builds have a lot of issues atm

Soooo… You have played very few of the classes. Chances are, you’ve not explored the full potential of your own main class. But you know enough to say x, y, & z? Sorry, Derek, I honestly think that the only people with enough data to make informed comment are Anet. And if this is their class balance, it’s probably roughly OK at the moment.

As a few people have more or less said, it may be that you’re perhaps not as good as you’d like to think, and you’re running into people who are better, at least with their build. But maybe they’re one-trick ponies? If that thief build you allude to is the one I think it is, I’ve seen a few comments here about it. They amount to “If you don’t recognise it, you’re dead; if you do recognise it, THEY’RE dead!”

sPvP is a bit like a poker game. If your opponent holds a Royal Flush, he knows he’s almost certainly won, and certainly can’t lose. If he doesn’t… It’s less about the cards or build, and more about bluff / skill / call it what you will! But here, I thin, no-one can ever be sure they have a Royal Flush, and YOU can always go out, re-deal, and come back with a new hand…

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Phantasms are mesmers’ main source of damage; get rid of that and where do you leave them? It takes a while for mesmers to set up clones/illusions anyway and even then, those are pretty squishy.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress