Colour difference Rare and Exotic (for Protanomaly blindness)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moroz.4592

Moroz.4592

Greetings

I am a person with a slightly colourblind problem in the red area (called Protanomaly). It is not extreme but still very difficult for me to see by the colourname between Rare and Exotic.
I was wondering if it was possible to change the colour of Rare of Exotic to a more comfortable situation.

And for people who might reply to this. You can read it in the tooltip. I know this allready, but if an item drops, what is the first thing you do? You look to the colour of the Name, then if you can equip it and then to the stats! I bet 99% never look to the rarity in text. And also Customer Support is there to make people happy and I am not the only person in the community that has this.
I could ofcourse maybe adept to the game and read the text, but after playing 8 years WoW and 3 months SWToR I am getting used to determine the rarity of an item by the colour of the name.

Please, change thecolour of Rare or Exotic to a much comfortable colour so light Protanomaly (100% Protanomaly see Green also as yellow) people like me wont have problem reading it.

This is also the main reason why the basic of many games is (rarity can change):
Uncommon: Green
Rare: Blue
Epic: Purple

For Protanomaly this will be
Uncommon: Yellow
Rare: very light blue
Epic: ‘Normal’ Blue

For Deuteranomaly is
Uncommon: Yellow
Rare: Blue
Epic: Purple

For Tritanomaly is
Uncommon: White (conflicts alot with Common items but this blindless is very rare)
Rare: kind of green/blue
Epic: Red

In this game the same colours go well, but huge conflict between Rare and Exotic (legendary is OK, because for my case this is kind of Yellow Brown)

Far Shiverpeaks EU
(the Bane of French Canadians)
— Human Elementalist —

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Instead of changing it for everyone, I think it might be a better idea to make a graphics option that can be toggled on/off for color blind people. It could work as a type of filter, changing the way that you see colors on your screen but not affecting it for anyone who has the option toggled to off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I feel your pain, but unfortunately I find it very unlikely for them to add in options to improve these little things for every single issue people may have out there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

They might have icons for representing rarity…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

I don’t think I am colorblind (maybe I am?) but it is actually hard to see…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

I was Just reading this off of the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13054691
(Color Blindness)

can but ask,

(ps im not Colorblind -but did know someone who was)