Colour the weapon, maybe?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

Hello everyone!
I’m terribly sorry if I’ve overseen the topic with the same suggestion, but I searched through and haven’t found any, really.

Okay, so what I wanted to put up for discussion is the weapon colouring.
For example, my main character, a necromancer, is wielding Abyssal Scepter with The Anomaly. They both are purple at that moment when I have celestial-abyss-ruby coloured Nightmare Armor.

So I was wondering if I could ever dye my weapons into another colour, celestial, poison green, or burning red etc etc colours?

Of course using the existing dyes for the weapons would be too much of the new animations, I guess, so my suggestion was to make a new type of dyes specifically for the weapons, and they might be called not dyes, but colour powder’ or ‘weapon paint’, I don’t know
For example, this, let’s say, colour powder may be obtained only through some specific dungeons and then must be collected at some specific amount (for example, 10).
Then, in combination with, let’s say, crystalline dust (or other dusts), some skill points (like crystal), and elonian wine we could get a (for example, okay?) Coloured Crystal (Red, Blue) and they might have only some short spectrum, for example, of the rainbow colours.
And then nobody would want to bother about the weapons not fitting their armor, backpacks or whatsoever, even their profession priory colour (which is not the main, I find it too common to attach some specific colours to some professions).

P.S. I know that it’s hella difficult to add all such colours to all the possible weapons, but, for example, exotics might have their exceptions, that’s why they’re Exotics, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I think this would take a considerable amount of work, especially with all the effects some weapons have. That being said, there have been many times when I say a weapon and would have jumped at the chance to use it if only it were the right color. The Priory’s greatsword would be awesome for mesmers if the crystal was purple instead of green.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

I would love to have an option to dye weapons. Why not? GW1 had it. Of course, there were hardly any particle effects on the weps themselves back then… but for a game built around appearances, dying weapons is logical

-Wulf

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Because the Legendaries and many exotic weapons have themes surrounding them specifically in regards to colour.

Sad, but true…

Example:
What’s the point of there being Twilight and Sunrise if you could dye Sunrise to look exactly like Twilight? LOL

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Because the Legendaries and many exotic weapons have themes surrounding them specifically in regards to colour.

Sad, but true…

Example:
What’s the point of there being Twilight and Sunrise if you could dye Sunrise to look exactly like Twilight? LOL

Naturally some parts should stay uneffected. I wouldn’t dream of touching the blade or the awesome paintbrush effects of the swings. However, it would be nice to dye the handle of those swords.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

In this aspect, legendaries with dyes are like Charr with capes. They both break the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

Weapon dying could be done (with some work), but I think the easiest way would be to make Legendary weapons exempt from being colored to preserve the fact that they are ‘so legendary’.

Most of the normal weapons I would have loved to be able to change color (i’m looking at you Pearl weapons), even if it was just a basic shift of color (looking at all the normal-tier crafted weapons that look the same but change in color slightly) from one steel-tone to the next (and maybe a gold).

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/