Combat: Engaging. Weapons: Boring.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

I’m not going to make a huge post out of this, because really, my thoughts on the issue can be summed up quite simply.

So far I’ve played a necro, warr, and guardian. Out of those three classes, I find the Guardian to be the only interesting and engaging class to play. Combat in this game is very engaging if you challenge yourself, but if you’re just trying to be casual, then it gets boring…quick. The reason for this is because weapon skills are extremely boring no matter what combination you decide to use. For instance, if I just go around as a Sword/Shield warrior and single target mobs, then it’s very boring. However, if I pull 2-3 mobs at a time, then it gets interesting, but VERY risky.

I just can’t stand how it’s impossible to play this game by pulling one mob at a time, and have fun at the same time. Most of the time I just find myself spamming 1 and dodging every once in a while. If not, then I’m standing there while letting my character auto attack.

So much for combat.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Progulous.1763

Progulous.1763

This isn’t a suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

i suggest re-rolling an elementalist, or maybe even an engineer…

or, play a different game?

i actually agree with your point of view, i think some classes are very boring to play, but (in my opinion and experience) Ele and Eng require you to pay attention to more then just dodging, and auto attack.

It could be a level issue, too… i think that a few classes (thief, guardian, warrior, ranger) can be extremely easy in the early game… just auto pilot with autoattack on…. but that changes late game, when every class requires at least ‘some’ attention to detail to be effective, and some more than others still.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cupid.1796

Cupid.1796

I think that because each class doesn’t hold a significant role (crowd controls, conditions, tank, healer, ect. No very noticeable line seperting them.) It’s a little more difficult to immerse yourself in strategy. I think that takes away from the intensity of some battles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Suggestion: improve the ability of skills in the game, such as boosting combo effects, modifying ‘plain’ skills so that every skill has some kind of passive & active effect, and increase the level of synergies between skill effects (ie. allow every class to be able to build bleed, confusion, burn/poison, etc. example of the case now: mesmer bleed build is extremely weak, and has no burn builds). Every class should be able to do the same. Here’s some helpful notes for players who want to understand how general damages are dealt by a player against a target in GW2:

1) Stack on duration (burning/poison, they basically have the same function except poison reduces heal potency).
2) Stack on intensity (bleed)
3) Crit (skill traits).
4) Reflection (retaliation and confusion. Two different mechanics, but basically does the same thing – if the other person doesn’t attack then it doesn’t deal damage).

They need to make more similar variations like between poison and burning, where the core skill functionality is the same – but with a huge difference in animation & a ‘slightly unique’ difference in functionality (ie. the extra heal potency reduction that poison has).

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

in Suggestions

Posted by: HakkaiRequiem.5130

HakkaiRequiem.5130

Try to run a Mesmer. It is a potentially (very) strong class that, however, OFTEN requires at least a little of planification, even in the esiest fight. There are still easy fights, but auto-attacking leads you to nowhere and you have to at least think about dodging, phase-retreating, summoning clones… and other stuffs like those

in Suggestions

Posted by: Davez.4861

Davez.4861

Perhaps adding some new weapon in this game will give more diversity

Here is what I would like to suggest :
*A massive two hand axe ( It’s my favorite type of weapon )
*A land spear