Combining gear to gain extra stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimby.5970

Crimby.5970

I saw this working in other games and in my opinion it would be a nice idea for this game as well. After reaching level 80 and having your gear set, there is not much to fight for. You choose the dungeon for your weapon and armor and do this dungeon about 25 times so you have your gear complete.

The Idea:
A nice addition could the be following to increase your armor and weapon stats to gain advantage in WvW and PvP:
The idea is to combine weapons and armors, but these should be exactly the same. In my case my Warrior has a Ghastly Greatsword on level 80. If I want to increase the stats the following should be done:
1. I need an extra Ghastly Greatsword on level 80 (exact same)
2. I combine this one with my current Ghastly Greatsword on level 80
3. I can either certain stats or all stats to +1
4. The Greatsword goes to “level 2”
5. In order to increase the stats again I need 2 “level 2” Ghastly Greatswords (so 2 regular more)

We have more to work to and you can still keep increasing the stats. Since you can’t buy any of those stones in the Auction house you really need to work for that 1/2…. stats.
These stats could be e.g. increased to 10 or 20.

Same counts for armors, accesory and so on.

Why this?
After level 80 and having your dungeon armor set there is not much to work for. You can get a legendary but it’s only for the looks. An increase of the level cap could be an idea, but everyone worked so hard to get the level 80 gear it is not really nice to increase it every (half) year. So there should be something to work on after level 80 so you can increase your stats so you get advantages in WvW, PVP and PvE.

Since this is allready implemented in other games we can see it is working.

Ruins of Surmia
Godless Crimbz, level 80, Charr, Warrior
God Crimbz, level 80, Sylvari, Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So basically I could use an Exotic trash weapon, upgrade it and end up with a weapon that is superior to a Legendary? The latter has been stated by the devs to scale to being equal to the best option.

Or I could use some Masterwork trash weapons to get a weapon that is superior to an Exotic? Yeah, that’ll crash the prices of exotics.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimby.5970

Crimby.5970

Combining exotics are still better that way.
Masterwork trash only gives limited stats… even if you up them it would only give e.g. +power while Exotics gives you Power Vitality and Thoughness….

But yes the legendary would be different because a legendary weapon is useless at this point…. an exotic weapon is as good as a legendary… Unless ArenaNet ups the stats of a legendary, then you can combine legendaries to become truely overpowered.

Ruins of Surmia
Godless Crimbz, level 80, Charr, Warrior
God Crimbz, level 80, Sylvari, Mesmer