Commander chat suppression

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jarni.7402

Jarni.7402

I really think Commanders should never get surpressed in public chat. At least not when they are actively commanding and what they are saying is probably important to the team. It’s terribly annoying when I’m commanding and I want to give an order, but I can’t say anything due to chat surpression.

It would be awesome if ArenaNet thought about this and removed chat surpression for Commanders with their Tag up. Everyone who plays WvW at least once in a while would be very thankful for this.

Servers: Desolation (1) / Piken Square (2)
Main characters: Jarni The Catmander (1) / Jarni Goes Wild (2)
Gank Me Harder [FURY]

(edited by Jarni.7402)

in Suggestions

Jarni.7402

Bump, since this thread has been moved to another subforum

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Do you mean to keep the chat “spam” suppressed or do you mean something to override an ignore feature? I have a commander on ignore and I promise I wouldn’t like it if they could override that suppession.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I believe he means the spam limitation. I suppose it would be alright. I doubt gold-seller-advertising bots will be willing to burn 100g to avoid the default spam block when most people ignore them rather quickly.

I would like to suggest that there still be a limitation when the current threshold is reached, but obviously much less severe. How it is now keeps you muted for a long time. Something like 5-10 seconds between messages (for a minute or so?) in case a troll commander decides to annoy the entire map to allow people to ignore/report the kitty.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Jarni.7402

I believe he means the spam limitation. I suppose it would be alright. I doubt gold-seller-advertising bots will be willing to burn 100g to avoid the default spam block when most people ignore them rather quickly.

I would like to suggest that there still be a limitation when the current threshold is reached, but obviously much less severe. How it is now keeps you muted for a long time. Something like 5-10 seconds between messages (for a minute or so?) in case a troll commander decides to annoy the entire map to allow people to ignore/report the kitty.

Exactly. I think chat surpression should at least bw removed for Commanders with their Tag up in WvW. A Commander can’t do his job in a decent way as long as he keeps getting surpressed.

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

The whole supression thing needs to be looked at again and not just with commanders. A Guildie was running a friendly comp giving away some items for answering questions correctly and got suppressed on mailing presumably because the post contained the same content (the same item).

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The chat suppression needs to be looked at for sure. But keep in mind that it is also there against abuse.

One chat-spamming commander could make the life of every commander on that map a living hell. All it takes is just one big jerk, and the internet has plenty of those.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Jarni.7402

The chat suppression needs to be looked at for sure. But keep in mind that it is also there against abuse.

One chat-spamming commander could make the life of every commander on that map a living hell. All it takes is just one big jerk, and the internet has plenty of those.

If there would ever be such an idiot, he would get reported in a second. So I don’t think that will be a problem.

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If there would ever be such an idiot, he would get reported in a second. So I don’t think that will be a problem.

There are plenty of such idiots already, and although everyone reports them, it could still take well over a day before they are dealt with. Just imagine how annoying some of these jerks could be if there was no limit to how much they could spam. Certain limits do need to be in place to prevent this sort of spammage. But of course, it should never get in the way of being able to communicate with your team.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Jarni.7402

There are plenty of such idiots already, and although everyone reports them, it could still take well over a day before they are dealt with. Just imagine how annoying some of these jerks could be if there was no limit to how much they could spam. Certain limits do need to be in place to prevent this sort of spammage. But of course, it should never get in the way of being able to communicate with your team.

Well they won’t likely waste 100 gold to be able to spam public chat when they know they’ll get reported anyway

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I will only agree with this if commanders were still choked in PvE and PvP.

Commanders are only useful in WvWvW and I support them being un-choked there ONLY.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

As a commander who does borderline spam chat, I have to disagree, because spam is spam, doesn’t matter how you cook it.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in Suggestions

Jarni.7402

I will only agree with this if commanders were still choked in PvE and PvP.

Commanders are only useful in WvWvW and I support them being un-choked there ONLY.

Yeah that’s exactly my point. Lift the chat suppression in WvWvW only. If there is a spammer, he will be reported right away.

Gank Me Harder [FURY]