Commander tags to be account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: keln.6051

keln.6051

Anyone else think that if I spend a 100G on a “skill” I should be able to use it on any character. If you are already a commander on one character, why not them all ? I have encountered this as a problem, I am on a server where it is hard to get commanders to tag up, I normally tag up but wait. I’m leveling another character and don’t have tags, so the zerg leaves the BL and goes elsewhere, this is costing our server points!!!! I want points! And so I want commander tags to be account wide so I can tag on any of my characters, I see no problem with this, if anyone has one please post a comment. (no grammar kittens)

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yeah it should probably be account bound. But they need to increase the cost. With inflation 100g is not what it used to be. Anyone can be a commander within a day or 2 of farming now.

It would be neat if they had a sort of system where you could buy another tag and combine it with your first one for a different color (think, higher status commander)

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Anyone else think that if I spend a 100G on a “skill” I should be able to use it on any character.

No, I absolutely do not. Personally, I feel you need to prove yourself as a commander, need some vote or approval system. I see entirely too many fools running around who had a 100g to spend, so they bought a commander PIN. Why would I want those same fools to have that PIN on their alts too?

Not to suggest your a bad commander, because i do not know you, but yes, as I see it, in this case you suffer for the mistakes of all those fools with a PIN.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Suggestions

Posted by: paragon.6543

paragon.6543

Oh for the love of…. Absolutely NOT. There’s too many commanders as is. We don’t need this pin on lvl 2 characters created. There’s a bad need to limit commanders. We don’t need this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Yes, but not for 100G alone.

Should really have a requirement to do WvW to have it. 100G + a vision crystal + 1000 world badges would be good, with a minimum account world rank of 100. >.>

Too many people using a tag as a cosmetic plus instead of what it’s meant to be used for.

Hell, half the commanders out there don’t even know how to use /supplyinfo and /squadinfo.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Disagree too. Commander is too easy (and cheap) to get anyway, so this would make things worse…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Yeah it should probably be account bound. But they need to increase the cost.

IMO, what they need to do is add some actual gameplay requirement. Anyone can get gold simply by buying gems. Being a commander should require at least some demonstration of PvP / WvW skill and experience, not just access to gold.

And yes, it should definitely be account-wide.

Also, give players an option to block commander icons. Even commanders on our blocklist show up on the map…

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yeah it should probably be account bound. But they need to increase the cost.

IMO, what they need to do is add some actual gameplay requirement. Anyone can get gold simply by buying gems. Being a commander should require at least some demonstration of PvP / WvW skill and experience, not just access to gold.

And yes, it should definitely be account-wide.

Also, give players an option to block commander icons. Even commanders on our blocklist show up on the map…

I agree with you, but unfortunately, I have yet to see anyones have an idea that would work in that way. It’s hard to determine “skill” as a commander as far as the game data side of things. They could run it off a basic WvW playtime for starters, but I don’t think they log hours in wvw separate from normal hours.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native