Condition removal for warriors

in Suggestions

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Hey. No idea if this is a good place to post this, but I’ll give it a shot anyway.
Was thinking about ways Anet can help warriors not get wrecked as hard as they do by conditions. I understand that they cant just add random ways for warriors to remove them, because they need to kind of do it in a way that still seems “warrior-ish”, so i was thinking that they could change the discipline tree like this:

Remove the 1% burst damage for every 10 points in discipline (its nice, but i dont think people will miss it)

Reduce the cooldown of burst skills by 1% per point.

Now, since the trait “Quick Bursts” reduces the cooldown by 20% already, you could simply remove it, and add in a new trait that allows you to remove conditions based on your adrenaline level when you use a burst skill. 3 conditions might be too OP, but maybe 1 condition for level 2 adrenaline, and 2 conditions for level 3.

Making this change still fits in the discipline tree quite well, because discipline traits are heavily based around gaining and managing the adrenaline you have. No idea what youd call the new trait, but im sure Anet could come up with something creative.

Once again, sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Not sure which things go where, as this is my first real post.

Cheers

Pandaz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I was thinking that some of the stances could break certain conditions when activated. Balanced stance could remove movement impairing conditions (immobilize, chill, snare) when activated, Endure Pain cures any DoT conditions, Berserker’s Stance removing weakness and vulnerability, and Frenzy can stay the way it is as it’s an all or nothing move.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Class balance philosophies
Warrior
We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.

quote from December-14-2012 game updates.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Equip “shake it off” take the trait that auto uses “shake it off”.
Warriors are damage machines, tanks, and even healers WHILE being damage machines and/or tanks.
Conditions are our weakness, our achilles heal. Rely on others to take care of what shake it off doesn’t.

Realistically it should not be discipline if it is added into a trait line. It should be defense or tactics as they are defensive lines (removing conditions is a purely defensive action and all other condition removal traights are linked to the toughness line for other classes).