Condition removal in WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I disagree entirely. There’s so much party wide condition removal, you can easily cleanse tons of conditions from your whole zerg squad.
If anything, they need to put a cap on spike damage and stun locks. If I use a stun breaker, I should not be instantly stunned again. Just one second of stun immunity would be enough.

Currently it is also too easy with a giant zerg to just spike damage people instantly to death. It is one of the core reasons why people move in zergs so much. Just jump a bunch of people, and several players will instantly die to the massive DPS output that drops on their heads. That is not combat. That’s whack-a-mole.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mickz.8356

Mickz.8356

In small man situations, or even in zerg play, the conditions can still do a ton if constantly applied to you, theres no getting away from conditions. As i stated before, once your condi removal is on cool down, then what happens?

At least with the stuns, there is a Stability boon counter to them.

Im sort of half and half on the last statement about the zerg spikes. If there are 2 organised zergs its all about who can stay the tightest, and who can use certain terrain/choke points to their advantage. Also, in organised zergs, hardly anyone runs DPS. The DPS spike (this will relate to what i stated before) comes from how tight the zerg can be. A zerg can run builds that do absolutely no damage, but its a big hit because everyone is attacking one clump at a time.

Cream, Collecting Loot [Bags]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The truth is actually the opposite, conditions are very weak in WvW and indeed any large group play.

Bringing appropriate condition mitigation is part of the skill involved in creating a successful PvP build. If you are getting wrecked by conditions, you are running a bad build.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I was thinking the opposite—that conditions are underpowered!
As a Ranger, I rely heavily on what meager condition damage I can apply, hoping to somehow survive long enough against tough warriors and guardians for the conditions to wear them down.

If you’re dying before eliminating the condition-applying enemy, it means you weren’t dealing enough damage. Also, check out the food that gives -40% condition duration!

in Suggestions

Mickz.8356

I disagree, not sure what the conditions in the higher tiers are like, but in the lower tiers every roaming/small man group are running a condition tank build, especially the necro’s. I just dont find it fair that a condition can be removed, and then instantly applied back onto you. A necro’s condition burst is probably one of the most over powered thing ever since they introduced Torment, and gave them Burning.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I have ZERO condition removal, I have no problems solo, group or in Zergs….

in Suggestions

Mickz.8356

I cant see that possible unless your a thief, or a condition build yourself.

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I cant see that possible unless your a thief, or a condition build yourself.

No its because i am a Mesmer and we have to trait to get the tiniest bit of condition removal. Sure might have times where i will die but i would have died with the condition removal thanks to the fact that we have so little on long cool downs.

in Suggestions

Mickz.8356

And you just proved my point correct, conditions over run condition removal.
And yeah, i can relate to it, i played a shatter mesmer and the condi removal wasn’t all that.

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

And you just proved my point correct, conditions over run condition removal.
And yeah, i can relate to it, i played a shatter mesmer and the condi removal wasn’t all that.

It is okay for the classes that have access to it via skills, its not okay for those (Mesmer) that have to TRAIT to get condition removal…

in Suggestions

Mickz.8356

Also its only on a heal, and it is, honestly stupid. Not sure if you have come across anyone using Perplexity runes yet, but it stacks 5 confusion per interrupt, and ANet really need to put an internal CD on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

That would make condition builds useless, conditions already have a stack limit of 25 which prevents us to deal damage and get loot in crowded areas. Some classes depend on condition skills, so that would kill these classes too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Because with zvz you’re doing a war of attrition. Conditions add to that.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Conditions in wvw are why Sigil of Generosity is so expensive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

So, I take it that everyone has experienced how overpowered conditions are in WvW at the moment, i would like to hear your guys opinion on it.

In my opinion, ANet need to add a cool down on conditions that are removed. Even if its for 2 or 3 seconds that the condition cannot be applied to you after you remove it, it will still give an even advantage towards the player that is not playing a condition build.

Conditions simply over run condition removal, for example, you remove a condition and its put straight back onto you again…….. Whats the point in removing it?

I would like to hear your guys thought on this condition cool down after removing it.

Sure, so long as they also introduce a phys dmg immunity. You gain immunity from all damage after a heal for a few seconds. Damage simply over run heals, for example, you heal and and immediately get hit again…….. Whats the point in healing?

in Suggestions

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Personally i think in WvW it isnt that much of a problem, as strange as it sounds i think its alot worse in S/TPvP. What they need to do is make Protection reduce condition damage and make toughness reduce condition damage as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Sure, so long as they also introduce a phys dmg immunity. You gain immunity from all damage after a heal for a few seconds. Damage simply over run heals, for example, you heal and and immediately get hit again…….. Whats the point in healing?

Unfortunately, ANet doesn’t want healing to be anywhere close to as effective as damage. They stated as much back when they nerfed the Ele healing builds that were actually effective. IIRC, they nerfed the regeneration boon itself, reduced the healing power effectiveness on Water skills, and later nerfed the Cleansing Water trait that actually gave Eles mass condition removal.

I’ve heard lots of people say it, and as obnoxious as it sounds, ANet continues to reinforce that the only thing that matters to them is DPS. Many of the Queen’s Gauntlet mechanics and time limits are prime examples.

As much as I like this game, it has very little of the varied strategy that made GW great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Also its only on a heal, and it is, honestly stupid. Not sure if you have come across anyone using Perplexity runes yet, but it stacks 5 confusion per interrupt, and ANet really need to put an internal CD on it.

What? You have to be using skills to be interupted, and you have to be using skills to take damage from confusion.

Hint : stop spamming 1.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Mickz.8356

What? You have to be using skills to be interupted, and you have to be using skills to take damage from confusion.

Hint : stop spamming 1.

The heal skill post was a reply to the mesmer condi removal trait.