Confirmation before reviving

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Why not just let us indicate we are AFK ::
Alt+A : Sets a string after your name in Red
Balderstrom [AFK]

The AFK notifier is cleared when you press a key, or move (mouse), and no one is ABLE to revive/res you while you are AFK.

This seems to be the best idea so far, as for worrying how it is abused, just make it optionable and PvE only, that solves it. If it is a choice, it affects nobody else.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Another option (probably in PvE only) would be to have the game damage your armor as usual when you go down the first time, however if you are rezzed and your keyboard and mouse haven’t been touched and you go down again, armor isn’t damaged. No special approvals, popups, or tags are needed that way. If you rez someone you don’t have to worry about whether they are AFK or not, since if they are you aren’t doing them a disservice since their armor won’t break past the first time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

bah. ok, so. getting my sick kid is obviously MORE important than some GAME GOLD i MAY lose due to wonderful players kindly rezzing me.

i’m going to gripe about the game that promotes cooperation in this way, by saying, “please make sure people CAN’T rez me because, omg, emergency! i can’t get away or alt-F4 my computer fast enough!!”

whatever. i wish people would stop putting THEIR choices (yes, choosing to go take care of your child IS a choice that that child means more to you than some game) on game developers’ shoulders to manage.

save the kid. eat the cost. stop qqing, puhleeze.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

@Orion Templar.4589
That’s an interesting idea, and the game already has an idle timer so it can kick you after x amount of time if you don’t move (and it actually requires moving, just using the mouse doesn’t register), so it might not be too complicated to add a check to see if the character has moved since last death. If an active check like that would be too much overhead (how do you determine which deaths to check on?), then it could be a passive armor damage block turned on by the idle timer after the first death, sorry, if you go afk somewhere bad you do deserve to die normally once

And isn’t there something in place so that if you die, get rezed, then die really quickly another piece of gear isn’t damaged? Or was that with death penalty in gw1?

Isende.2607
It’s not like they’re asking to be able to pause the whole game or anything XD
(imagine everything pausing in the middle of a claw of jormag fight :P )
Just a way to mitigate damage caused by real life’s interference. Plus, as I mentioned, I’ve seen people deliberately rez and rekill afk people, so this isn’t just about catering to people who put RL first, it’s also an anti griefing measure (intentional or accidental).

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

(edited by ScribeTheMad.7614)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Some form of optional promt-accept revive wouldn’t be bad, more options is always better…kind of…

Moreover I’ve started to always whisper the person I see dead, no response – no ress.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

The only kind of example these are is examples of bad parenting . If your kid is throwing up its either because they got into a chemical or you under cooked their food both of which you should have a handle on .

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAH and that truely proves you have NO idea what your saying…. I have a child who vomits a lot and its not because of “undercooked” food or chemicals…. He gets a headache he throws up…. He gets upset he throws up… He eats rich food he throws up….

Sorry but please please please go talk to your parents about the times you were sick and what caused them……. And then apologise to them……

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I can tell you without asking as remember them both omne was an eating contest and one was at a buffet . Knowing what i do of buffets now the food likely sat too long or wasent heated to the proper temperature causing the issue . I may have thrown up a time or 2 after a seizure when i was younger as violent as they are but that would be rare as its not a typical response for me .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

+1 for an acceptance pop-up upon being revived. This thread is a hilariously ridiculous example of how lousy this game’s community can be. You think people will stop reviving others if they didn’t stand up immediately? Grant the bonus experience to the reviver once per downed player at the end of his channeling, regardless of how long it is before the downed player clicks to accept. Problem solved. Put a 120-second acceptance timer on each revive, as well, and you limit a player’s ability to disappear for ages and still get the rez when he gets back. Disable the feature inside PvP/WvW, and this feature has literally NO downside.

in Suggestions

Firebird Gomer.9563

The only kind of example these are is examples of bad parenting .

I feel the need to comment on this statement too….. A bad example of parenting is to stay at your PC for even ONE second after your child starts crying…. And that is the truth….. Don’t believe me have your own child….. And to stay at your PC to close down your game or whatever is the true definition of bad parenting…..

I can tell you without asking as remember them both omne was an eating contest and one was at a buffet . Knowing what i do of buffets now the food likely sat too long or wasent heated to the proper temperature causing the issue . I may have thrown up a time or 2 after a seizure when i was younger as violent as they are but that would be rare as its not a typical response for me .

Again go ask your parents about throwing up as a child because everyones memory as a child will always be distorted from the actual truth. But you didn’t comment on what I said about my child versus what you claimed is the truth about my cooking skills and parenting skills. Children are ALL different, all 3 of mine are different to each other. So please don’t make statements that are not based on fact.

Back to the original point, I know of at least one other game that has this feature and is appreciated, it does however have a time limit of 5 minutes.

in Suggestions

Firebird Gomer.9563

+1 for an acceptance pop-up upon being revived. This thread is a hilariously ridiculous example of how lousy this game’s community can be. You think people will stop reviving others if they didn’t stand up immediately? Grant the bonus experience to the reviver once per downed player at the end of his channeling, regardless of how long it is before the downed player clicks to accept. Problem solved. Put a 120-second acceptance timer on each revive, as well, and you limit a player’s ability to disappear for ages and still get the rez when he gets back. Disable the feature inside PvP/WvW, and this feature has literally NO downside.

Here Here!!!! I agree with this format to the idea…… Maybe a little longer on the timer but no longer than 5 mins