Constantly contested zones (PVE)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

As there are not many people playing in the lower zones (especially the lower high level zones like Straights of Devastation) please implement something that will allow players to complete exploration of a map.

Maybe a simple map or base reset (or from a spawned group of elite npc’s when a specific amount of time has passed that based has been contested for)
or anything, something, I dynamic and changing world is great fun, but when you are waiting days or weeks to complete a zone because the npc’s are impossible to kill solo or with a small handful of people, this is not so fun.

Or add some more rewarding (to level 80 players) some dynamic events in these areas which are contested to allow the people on alts still wanting to complete a zone a chance to do so.

I mean come on.. seriously!?
http://i.imgur.com/nW20ydY.jpg

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

you don’t need waypoints uncontested for map completion fyi, if you’re talking about certain commune skill points that are guarded by a dozen vet monsters or that champion noble monster which requires someone to kite him and the other monsters around.

then yes that needs to be fixed to a run in and grab or a drop in level so someone solo could do it.

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

yes of course you can run suicidally into a base to discover the waypoint and poi, but the skillpoint challenges are out of the question

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

actually, vashoom, please forgive me, but it’s not even necessary for it to be a suicide run. i’ve soloed all three orrian areas — on a thief, a guardian, and a mesmer. please note the guardian and the mesmer were not traited for increased run speed.

i realize it’s going to come across as elitist, it’s not an elitist statement. it’s the truth — oh, and that also includes that pesky bloody skill point anet threw in that’s always guarded by a champion. it is also soloable, if you take the time to watch and pattern the timing, and kill judiciously/methodically as you get there.

does it take a little longer? yep. but it is eminently doable — and i also completed it twice before they “nerfed” the mob count and mobility speed in orr.

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

sorry but no, not every skillpoint guarded by a champion mob can be “killed around”. the one south of lights waypoint in malchor’s leap the champion mob is standing right on top of it always, and this mob teleports so u can’t even drag him away and slow him down while u quickly run in and get the skillpoint.

It is simply impossible, there is no 2 ways about it.

why design a mechanic in game like this which is impossible to complete? (without a large army of players) it just makes no sense

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Two people working together can do all the map points in Orr, even when contested. The wife and I just did so last week on our new set of level 80’s. Some are tricky and require a bit of work but all were doable.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

vashoom, i won’t call you a liar, and i ask you to not call me a liar.

i have soloed all three zones in orr on three different characters. now that i think about it, it is POSSIBLE that on one of them, MAYBE, the champ wasn’t there — but not on all three of them. my guildies and i were talking about this the other night, and several other of my guildies also popped up with “um, yeah, i’ve soloed all three zones in orr …” and so on and so on.

it’s harder, yes. pain in the kitten to be most honest. but doable. now — here’s where it gets tricksy.

the fact that i, and my guildies, and others, have done it doesn’t mean you “have” to do it that way. i know for a fact that, while they’re not as big, zergs still run together getting zone completion in orr. i also know that if you ask in /m, there’s always at least one person willing to lend a helping hand — at least, on jade quarry, this is true. i also know that in my guild, if we have players who need help, we’re there.

so. is the problem 1) you can’t solo it and can NOT find help pursuing any of these avenues? or 2) you can’t solo it and can’t find a build or gear that might help you solo it? or 3) you can’t solo it but are a solitary player and “shouldn’t have to” ask people for help?

i know there are numerous people out there who also think they shouldn’t “have to” ask for help, and that is counter to the devs design of the game. if you ask in map, you’ll get the same response, re: why some sps are guarded by champions: “because anet wants to build a game where we work together.” so there are some things out there designed, by intent, to promote playing together.

i don’t know if you ask them to change their design, which is what your original post does, is going to work. in the meantime, rather than sit and wait for something that may not happen, what are your other options?

in Suggestions

Vashoom.8512

with a ranger (or mesmer?) it’s pretty easy to solo anything, as you are essentially 2 players, a decoy for the mob to attack while u sneak past, but for the other classes on some champion guarded skillpoints (not all of them) solo’ing it is not an option.

yes sure, you can ask somebody in /m to pull the mob away while u take the SP, and u do the same for them, but then why have the champion there at all if nobody is planning to kill it? that is my point.

if there were events near the champion so people can see it nearby on the minimap and more likely to zerg to it then fine, or have it reset for after many days have passed of not being killed so that people can still kill it if they want to.

I just fail to see the point in having a champion camping a skill point 100% of the time

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

did it first on my thief, next on my guardian, and last on my mez.

bottom line, though, i believe, is anet’s drive to have folk play together. if the waypoints are contested, that’s because folk aren’t working to clear them. one (hopefully useful) trick you may try is changing servers (i.e., guesting). i’ve found that tarnished coast does a great job of keeping their temples open and the ongoing battles clear.

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

oh, and just an fyi — the build i created for my thief has no agro-dumping via stealth — i have no stealth options, ever, on her when i run her.