Consume All

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ecliptikz.6728

Ecliptikz.6728

I have a suggestion that came to me after hours of collecting Essences Of Luck and having to click through all 100 of the 10pt stack. A “Consume All” feature should be implemented.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

A right-click function like this wouldn’t be a horrible thing, but any means.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkCreator.9481

DarkCreator.9481

I agree with this, double clicking 100~ times on those essence of luck can get annoying after awhile

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

You can upgrade them with artificing by converting so many to a higher point amount.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Consume All

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

You can upgrade them with artificing by converting so many to a higher point amount.

True, my only Artificer at this point is a very low level character, while it’s not that much of an inconvenience to get that crafting skill to that level, it begs the question why bother going to town so you can put them all in the bank, only to log into another toon to get them from the bank and convert them all, when I could have just right-clicked them and consumed them all at once.

I usually don’t end up with too many, as when I’m doing things like the Champ-Train I recycle and consume on the run to the next Champ, or at the break when waiting for someone to spawn or start the preevent. So it’s rare when this is a problem for me, but fixing small inconveniences usually takes the mind off a larger one for at least a moment.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I have a suggestion that came to me after hours of collecting Essences Of Luck and having to click through all 100 of the 10pt stack. A “Consume All” feature should be implemented.

Yeah+1
I often end up with a stack of 30+ small loot bags too. Its not a huge deal but it’d spare my poor finger and mouse button!

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

It’s not just the luck consumption.. I used to save up karma and have to click one by one to consume, same with scrolls of knowledge: I had about 100 saved up when I used them last and the stack is building up again. So yes, I would appreciate a right click menu option called “use all.”

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I have wondered this many times. Especially when opening Zhaitaffy.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Consume All

in Suggestions

Ecliptikz.6728

Thought of another way this could be used, “consume all” food. Yea yeah! I know its a cheap way of getting a 25 stack of food to pop that food consumption daily, but listen, I end up just doing it anyway one click at a time. Just saying. Convenience is everything, right. Right? :P

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Doesn’t Zhaitaffy make you hurl if you eat too much? That could very well be quite funny.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Consume All

in Suggestions

Mel.8769

Doesn’t Zhaitaffy make you hurl if you eat too much? That could very well be quite funny.

Indeed it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2aeYFAyXVk

An “open all” or “consume all” option would be good for opening all the Halloween bags and candy corn.

Oh and the jewelry boxes in orr. I buy a ton of those and my poor little finger gets tired of opening them. Then once they are open, there is all that karma to click through.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

This is a good idea, but should come with a confirmation prompt.
Imagine how horrifying it would be if you accidentally ate a whole stack of 15s/each food.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Consume All

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Imagine how horrifying it would be if you accidentally ate a whole stack of 15s/each food.

I think idiot-proofing sections of games is a difficult call. You would already have to right-click and move the mouse to select the option, do we really need a Windows’ styled prompt to ask if we’re really, really sure we want to exit without saving?

I think leave it as a drop down selection and let people be more careful about things, maybe it’ll encourage more reading, lol. And this is coming from someone who has made mistakes like this countless times across countless games, just saying, I’m as stupid as the next average gamer.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

We really need a consume all option. I’ve hooked up a cheap normal mouse to my PC so i wont wear out my favorite one’s clicker.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

While we’re on the stack thing, it would be nice to alt-click an item in a store and get the stack window so you can buy an amount entered. I’m looking at you Obsidian Shards.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Indeed it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2aeYFAyXVk

An “open all” or “consume all” option would be good for opening all the Halloween bags and candy corn.

Oh and the jewelry boxes in orr. I buy a ton of those and my poor little finger gets tired of opening them. Then once they are open, there is all that karma to click through.

YES!!! I usually go buy jewelry boxes when i hit 1mil karma, between buying them all opening them and consuming the karma drops in them it’s such a pain. Not to mention wash rinse and repeat with my newly gained karma.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Mel.8769

I think idiot-proofing sections of games is a difficult call. You would already have to right-click and move the mouse to select the option, do we really need a Windows’ styled prompt to ask if we’re really, really sure we want to exit without saving?

I think leave it as a drop down selection and let people be more careful about things, maybe it’ll encourage more reading, lol. And this is coming from someone who has made mistakes like this countless times across countless games, just saying, I’m as stupid as the next average gamer.

What about a UI similar to breaking a stack of items, a small popup asking how many you’d like to open with default set to max?

Consume All

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

What about a UI similar to breaking a stack of items, a small popup asking how many you’d like to open with default set to max?

All that does is add extra windows. It makes since for the breaking stacks, it would make sense if they finally let us buy in bulk from merchants, but I just don’t see why we would need it for a consume all button. I mean, it isn’t like the function wouldn’t be labeled clearly. I see where you’re coming from on this, I just don’t think the extra step or functionality is really needed.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

OMG you people are lazy. Firstly, just use the luck as you get it, and maybe just leave 1 as your placeholder for the next few that you get. Now if you want to talk about removing something really annoying, how about the purchase confirmation for some vendors where you can only buy 1 item at a time. “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes…OMG YES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD I NEED TO BUY 100 OF THESE!
t(>.<)t

At least with the luck it’s just a bunch of clicks without confirmation and as stated in another response you can take a bunch all at once to craft into higher amount lucks to reduce your clicking. Sorry if you have to take just a little time to travel to do that, but it’s the price for the convenience.

Consume All

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

OMG you people are lazy. Firstly, just use the luck as you get it, and maybe just leave 1 as your placeholder for the next few that you get.

I generally agree, I try to use mine as I go. However, there are occassions where I end up with a lot in my bags from time to time. Maybe I’m running the zerg in the Mad King’s Labyrinth, which can be pretty fast paced sometimes; I end up with a lot of gear to recycle in there. Things like that cause you to end up with more than your normal share of the Luck essences.

To outright call us all lazy isn’t fair, if this option existed you’d use it and be happy for it.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Mel.8769

OMG you people are lazy. Firstly, just use the luck as you get it, and maybe just leave 1 as your placeholder for the next few that you get. Now if you want to talk about removing something really annoying, how about the purchase confirmation for some vendors where you can only buy 1 item at a time. “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes “Are you sure you want to buy this?” Yes…OMG YES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD I NEED TO BUY 100 OF THESE!
t(>.<)t

At least with the luck it’s just a bunch of clicks without confirmation and as stated in another response you can take a bunch all at once to craft into higher amount lucks to reduce your clicking. Sorry if you have to take just a little time to travel to do that, but it’s the price for the convenience.

1) Not everyone is an artificer.
2) The open all feature suggested is intended to be a time saver.
3) It’s not just about essence of luck, it’s about all the bags/consumables. When I reach 1.5 million in karma, which is pretty regularly, I go and buy 500k worth of orrian jewlery boxes, open them all, drink all the karma, and spend back down to 1 million. Wash, rinse, repeat, until I only have 1 mil left. That’s a LOT of clicking and its time consuming.

Running champ train, Scarlett’s minions, WvW, Mad King’s labyrinth, and many other activities are all very fast paced. It is easy to accumulate large stacks of bags/consumables (like scrolls of knowledge) that need to be opened one at a time.

My question to you is, if this was implemented, would it harm your game play? My guess is no, you could still use what ever method you prefer. Would it enhance the game experience for others? Yes.

Options are good. People like options. Options make for happy players. Happy players play more, spend money, and recommend the game to others creating a sense of hype. Win win for players and ArenaNet.

Consume All

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

t(>.<)t

3) It’s not just about essence of luck, it’s about all the bags/consumables. When I reach 1.5 million in karma, which is pretty regularly, I go and buy 500k worth of orrian jewlery boxes, open them all, drink all the karma, and spend back down to 1 million. Wash, rinse, repeat, until I only have 1 mil left. That’s a LOT of clicking and its time consuming.

Running champ train, Scarlett’s minions, WvW, Mad King’s labyrinth, and many other activities are all very fast paced. It is easy to accumulate large stacks of bags/consumables (like scrolls of knowledge) that need to be opened one at a time.

My question to you is, if this was implemented, would it harm your game play? My guess is no, you could still use what ever method you prefer. Would it enhance the game experience for others? Yes.

Options are good. People like options. Options make for happy players. Happy players play more, spend money, and recommend the game to others creating a sense of hype. Win win for players and ArenaNet.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying I oppose this. I’m merely pointing out that there are many, many other things and ‘time saver’ options that should be fixed first before a consume all, primarily with the vendors where you have to buy a bunch of rare items (icy runestones). That and I did point out that yes, as an artificer, the developers did at least give you some way to convert all your luck into large luck consumables to reduce your clicking. If you don’t have that profession yet then you now have a goal to reach which isn’t all that bad. If they add a consume all option I would be fine with that, but I also want them to add to vendors a ‘I want to buy this many’ option, with a single ‘Are you sure?’ confirmation. As it currently is, there is the click to buy, move the mouse to the Yes, click to confirm, move the mouse to click to buy again routine that is annoying as hell.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Mel.8769

t(>.<)t

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying I oppose this. I’m merely pointing out that there are many, many other things and ‘time saver’ options that should be fixed first before a consume all, primarily with the vendors where you have to buy a bunch of rare items (icy runestones). That and I did point out that yes, as an artificer, the developers did at least give you some way to convert all your luck into large luck consumables to reduce your clicking. If you don’t have that profession yet then you now have a goal to reach which isn’t all that bad. If they add a consume all option I would be fine with that, but I also want them to add to vendors a ‘I want to buy this many’ option, with a single ‘Are you sure?’ confirmation. As it currently is, there is the click to buy, move the mouse to the Yes, click to confirm, move the mouse to click to buy again routine that is annoying as hell.

I agree with you on the need for adding a purchase multiple function. And I also agree with you on the point of there being lots of little implementations that would enhance a players experience.

Consume All

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Of course there are tons of things that we would like to see implimented, and most of them more vital than this. But that doesn’t mean we say no to something just because we want something else, too. Talk up all the ideas worth having and let AreaNet see a unified community on these topics, it’s more likely to sway them than when we bring other things down or side-step it because it isn’t the “most important” thing we could have updated.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Ecliptikz.6728

t(>.<)t

Well I guess the same could be said for the person that suggested the “loot all in the area” option that has recently been implemented but hey I would never judge them for it.

Consume All

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

t(>.<)t

Well I guess the same could be said for the person that suggested the “loot all in the area” option that has recently been implemented but hey I would never judge them for it.

We all judge. Just some of us claim we don’t. I never really had a problem before with looting each body as I really would not have a problem with a consume all option, but both really are just a way to be lazier about it, now is it not? My earlier point was merely to show that there are many other “annoyances” that should be removed before adding something that is more of a “convenience” than it is an “annoyance”.

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

There is no reason that this shouldn’t already be in the game. I am also for adding an option to vendors like we have for crafting, where we can adjust the number of said Item we are purchasing. If we can do this on the Crafting Stations I don’t see why it can’t be tweaked for the Merchants.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Consume All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

There is always the concern for accidentally using items. But I would like a consume all option. Even with a confirmation window. Actually, that would be excellent.
I’m not sure how often people will need to open consumables a lot though… since I don’t too much.

I am that person who makes stacks the size they want them before use outside of foods/potions.

When I was writing this I saw someone click around 10-20 of some item that has that flashy effect.

Agreed on merchants as well. Sell things to us. I I bought 100 of something from an event merchant. My poor game messages chat log.

let the sky fall

Consume All

in Suggestions

Ecliptikz.6728

t(>.<)t

We all judge. Just some of us claim we don’t. I never really had a problem before with looting each body as I really would not have a problem with a consume all option, but both really are just a way to be lazier about it, now is it not? My earlier point was merely to show that there are many other “annoyances” that should be removed before adding something that is more of a “convenience” than it is an “annoyance”.

Well what is a “convenience” option for you, is an “annoyance” quality of life upgrade for others. May I also point out, calling someone lazy because of a suggestion they make or a suggestion they agree with, is an unnecessary response.