Cosmetic Gear Slots Rather Than Transmutation Stones

in Suggestions

Posted by: dezarc.7289

dezarc.7289

For those that haven’t played The Lord of the Rings Online, the manner in which you choose your cosmetic appearance is by slotting the gear you wish to appear to be wearing in the cosmetic gear slots. Basically, you have your regular gear slots, which affects your stats, and your cosmetic gear slots which affects your appearance.

The beauty of this system as opposed to the current one implemented in GW2 is that it allows you to look how you want without the hassle of constantly having to transmutate your gear. Another bonus of that system is that you only ever have to get a cosmetic set once (as opposed to once per set of gear, in GW2).

I understand that transmutation stones are a source of income for ANet in the gem shop, but I honestly think that the new system would overall result in more sales of cosmetic gear itself, rather than items that enable it, due to the ease at which people could customize their appearances. If you know that once you buy a cosmetic set of gear – you have that unlocked to always look that way without any hassle, you are likelier to make the purchase.

Selling extra cosmetic gear slots (ala LOTRO, allowing multiple cosmetic appearances to be made and switched at any given time) is also another viable income option from the gem shop.

Feedback would be appreciated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aedan Xaelan.2174

Aedan Xaelan.2174

I agree. I’ve always been a fan of the cosmetic system in LOTRO. The only difference though is that most of the armor in LOTRO was absolutely horrid (therefor making that type of system a necessity), wheras “most” of the armor in GW2 at least looks decent until you can afford another set of transmute stones.

Back to the main topic though, It would certainly make customizing that perfect look more appealing…since you wouldn’t have to “wait” on putting new armor you find on until you can get stones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

Quoting myself from here

way’s to monetize this system (this was the main augment against the idea I come up against):

New uses for transmutation stone
- to change between types – light,mid,heavy – link

- Sell additional slots in the gem store – everyone starts with one but can buy more
- they can still sell costumes in the gem store

other changes:
Rename town clothes to costumes or what ever
An inspect to shown the players true gear

Restrictions on use:
Cannot use in sPvP or WvW

Related (only linked to threads I have read and have comments):
Allow us to wear previously equipped styles

Town Clothing Ideas

Get rid of “Town Clothing” & a few other niggles!

Reddit:
some discussion in here

my thread

I really want this to happen or some kind of improvement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

If they change this, they better retroactively reward me for every map completion and daily achievement completion I’ve done, because I will be hugely kitten if one of the only rewards for doing these things goes out the window.