Crafting: Back Items and Aquabreathers

in Suggestions

Posted by: IsaacSMASH.9546

IsaacSMASH.9546

Maybe I’m just bad at the whole discovery thing, but shouldn’t we be able to craft back items and aquabreathers? It’s pretty bad when my character is in all exotic crafted gear except for the underwater helmet and back item. I’d settle for any crafting of back items, but it’d be pretty cool if the different crafting professions would craft different looking back items.
I was thinking along the lines of
Tailoring: Capes or a tunic that fits over armor
Leatherworking: Quivers, why can’t my ranger where a quiver on his back?
Armorsmithing: A toolbelt (think Batman) or some sort of scabbard or sheath for your weapon.

Really any or all could be craftable from any of the professions. I just would like to know why I’m stuck on greens for my back and water helmet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

this is an annoyance, as well. most of the back items we get come, initially, from story quests, which SOME get around … level 30? some, not til later. THEN, you add in that these back items can ONLY be slotted or upgraded with “low” or “fine” items, and that’s just annoying. ok, i get it, you wanted to make back items something “special.” something to be worked toward. yeesh, guys — hello? at the very LEAST give us all a way to get the same options at the same level!

as for aquabreathers? this is a HUGE deal. the ONLY upgrades you can get on these are from karma vendors, they are NOT available every five levels (yes, i’m neurotic, i upgrade my gear every five), and you can NOT salvage them, you can NOT sell them … so once you FINALLY are able to upgrade them? they’re wasted pixels.

wholly agree.