Crafting Job: Scribe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I want to see Scribes in the Game as new Crafting Job.

What should they create and what do they craft for their creations?

A Writer creates everything, that has to do with Pen and Paper.

• Blueprints for WvW Siege Items
  • Skill Tomes
  • Scrolls (Edit)
  • Scores
  • Letters/Post Cards
  • All Recipes except those, that are special and drop only in Events ect.
  • Books (as Back Items)
  • Beast Compendiums (consumeable Little improvements vs./Infos for specific enemies)
  • Herb Compendiums (consumeable little improvements for gathering all kinds of herbs, fruits ect. increasing the chance to gather them more rares/oftenly)
  • Mineral Compendiums (consumeable improvements for gathering Minerals for higher chance to gather more rares/oftenly)
  • Forest Compendiums (consumeable improvements for gathering Wood for higher chance to gather more rares/oftenly)

Various Kinds of Paper are needed for that, whicht can be crafted:

• Old Paper (0-50)
  • Normal Paper (51-100)
  • Thin Paper (101-150)
  • Thick Paper (150-200)
  • Papyrus (201-250)
  • Waxed Paper (251-300)
  • High Gloss Paper (301-350)
  • Nature Paper (351-400)
  • Pergamin (401-450)
  • Velin (451-500)

Together with that the Writer needs various kinds of Inks

• Iron Gallic Ink (0-50)
  • Thinned Ink (51-100)
  • Thicked Ink (101-150)
  • Thorn Ink (151-200)
  • Red Ink (201-250)
  • Green Ink (251-300)
  • Blue Ink (301-350)
  • Sepia Ink (351-400)
  • Sooty Ink (401-450)
  • Dyestuff Ink (451-500)

Various Kinds of Quills

• Pigeon Quill (0-50)
  • Falcon Quill (51-100)
  • Eagle Quill (151-200
  • Vulture Raptor Quill(201-250)
  • Raven Feather(251-300)
  • Snow Owl Feather(301-350)
  • Black Moa Quill (351-400)
  • Griffon Feather (401-450)
  • Phoenix Down (451-500)
    ——-

Blue Prints

• Rams
  • Arrow Carts
  • Golems
  • Ballistas
  • Trebuchets
    And their Superior Versions
    Normal Versions craftable from 200, Superior craftable from 400.
    New Type of Siege Blueprints, Ascendant Siege Weapons with different Skins
    Same as powerful as Superior Siege Weapons, but just with different looks/effects.

Books (as backitems)
Craftable from 50 onward in all kinds of quality from fine to ascendant)
Examples:
- Necronomicon
- Grimmoire
- Various Novel Trivias, for example Eragon, trivialized as “Aerathon”

Recipes
Craftable from 50 onwards, require various papers, inks and trophies from monsters/dungeon chests ect. or specific materials

Compendiums
Craftable from 350 onwards
Requires like recipes trophies from mosnters (beastiary), or various plants, minerals ect. together with inks and paper as normal..
——-

Skill Tomes
There would be different types of Skill Tomes

The type of Skill Tome, that gives Experience and Skill Points, these would be called “Teachings/Doctrines”

And the type of Skill Tome that adds to Skills more different chooseable visual effects.
So called “Skill Descriptions”

And last but not leats, there would be “Trait Books” (Permanent version included as exotic/ascendant crafting) with that you can reset your characters traits and WvW Skills. Normal versions are consumeables, but there should be also the option to get one, that is permanent … all this stuff would be naturally sellable in the TP like all other crafting items too…
—-

Scores
What are these will you surely ask yourselfs.
Scores would be an improvement for music instruments.
Scores are premade “Songs” that when you double click them lets your character automatically play the inscribed song of the score on the used instrument that you are wielding at the moment.
There would be also the option to create own scores with your own songs and possibly sell them in the TP
If you create an own score, something like this would appear as window
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/G3kPg8mB2Ag/hqdefault.jpg

where the player can manually set up, what should be played and when in which pitch ect.
—-

Letters/ Postcards
This would be craftable consumeable items, that give your more visualization options when sending some other people mails…
You want to wish somebody a happy birthday?
Send that person a mail with a Happy birthday postcard visual attached to it.

Sources of Inspiration: Infinite Undiscovery /X360 Game
One of the best Offline RPGs from 2008 which sadly got no sequel until now
In this game you have also crafting and there are Writers, that can create you all kinds of books
If you like this idea, keep this thread up, or share just your thoughts, as this will keep it up too / hehe ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This all looks very familiar.

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

Why? You played Infinite Undiscovery too? ^^
Are you a Scribe/Journalist?? ^^

What do you think of this idea, something missing??

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

bump it up ..

really .. no one thoughts about this ?? Come on guys …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I think this woud be a cool idea. You could make the paper from the various trees.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

WoW! my thoughts exactly

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

The Scribe could make out o the various wood logs paper, yes indeed together with other items in certain cases.

Example.

Old Paper coming from Tier 1 Wood
Normal Waper = Old Paper + Water + Jute
Thin Paper = Tier 2 Wood
Thick Paper = Tier 3 Wood
Papyrus = Thin Paper + Thick Paper + Water
Waxed Paper = Tier 4 Wood + Wax
High Gloss Paper = Tier 5 Wood
Nature Paper = Tier 6 Wood
Pergamin = Tier 7 Wood
Verlin = Pergamin + Water + Wax

Stuff like this is really quickly thought out and it shouldn’t be too hard to implement a feature like this in a patch. Implementing such a new craftign job is a thing, that could be done also step by step and build up, if making for example icons for new items would require too much time…
Then its best to make with the implemention patch just only basic icons to be faster with the implemention and exchange slowly then with followin patches the basic icons with their unique icons the same way as anet did that with basicalyl alot of weapon/equipment icons, where the game as still alot of items until today that have not their own icon, but share a set of basic icons.

Implementing a new crafting job consists basically only out of implementing the new crafting recipes and in case of my Scribe Suggestion here out of putting some little new visual effect features into the game, like letters/postcards and improving music instruments by allowing us to create scores with premade songs and the ability to make scroes with our own songs that we could save by a Mario Paint Score similar system that lets us place manually the tunes and pitchs with a kind of replay function that activates when we double click on the score, which could be a way for Anet do give us something similar as like LOtRO’s ABC-Systme, just with a unique own style of -pre-programming and saving up our songs in an item that we could use from that point on to replay our preprogrammed songs so that we don’t have to manually play them (what would be awesome for all those people which have no clues from music, but also want to use sometimes those music instruments)

This crafting job just would add so much good things to the whole game in 1 go, its just like a “Surprise Egg” giving us 3 things in 1 alltogether

• Adds visuals for the Mail System to make Mails a bit more personal and nice looking
  • Improves the Music Instrument System with Replay Function and a way to create and save own songs (which couldbe even sold then in the TP)
  • Would give as the option to manually Reset Traits/WvW-Skills without being forced to run always back to a specific NPC with the option to craft also a permanent version for convenience
  • Would allow us to change the visuals of our skills
  • Would give as a Beastiary to view the Monster Models, get infos on what they drop and at which chances, get infos what for skills they use and their effects ect.
  • Adds an option to increase our efficiencies in gathering materials
  • Adds new cool looking Back Items in form of special books or other things like Scrolls (oh I see I forgot Scrolls as item category being craftable), whats a Necromancer without his Necronomicon or an Elementalist without its Grimoire
  • Allows us to craft Siege Blueprints for WvW, thus being a new income for those items outside of WvW, what is something I think is truly needed to be able to craft these too.
  • allows us to craft in general all kinds of recipes for all other crafting jobs what would make this craftign job in overall extremely useful universally.

ALL THIS with just adding 1 single new crafting job – the Scribe.
WHen I look at what this crafting job could add all for possibly good features to the game, one must ask themself, why such a craftign job like this wasn’t from begin on in the game

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

WoW! my thoughts exactly

Teh hasn’t answered on my questions, so I’ll ask you the same.

What is it, what makes this idea look so familiar to you ?
Do you think that is something missing to furthe improve the idea? (I just realized a few secs ago, that I forgot to write about crafting “Scrolls” too ^^)

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

bump it up again

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Good idea, I support that!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Suggestions

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

You really put some effort into this. It seems like something Anet could add within an expension…
DIVA

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

And up again to page 1

Come on guys, more opinions or suggestions to further improve my idea or any other things that come to your mind that could inspire me hehe ^^