Crafting in different zones

in Suggestions

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

Wouldn’t it be nice if, for instance, you crafted something in Norn territories and the item/armor had some little detail that showed it was made in those lands? A little owl or bear or somesuch? As it is, everything looks the same. There is no difference whether you craft armor in the Grove, Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak, the Black Citadel or Rata Sum. For such a detailed and cinematic game, this seems odd to me.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Ohh, I like this idea. I agree that certain armours, especially at low levels, all look way too similar. Medium seems to be one of the biggest culprits, with heavy limping right behind, so anything to help add variation to that would be welcome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

There are already customizable armors available from the guild armorer.

They are bad.

I feel any effort in this direction should be towards improving them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

There are already customizable armors available from the guild armorer.

They are bad.

I feel any effort in this direction should be towards improving them.

Actually what I meant was something a bit different. Let me try to refine the idea a bit.

Example: crafting medium armor utilizes leather and jute (for the most part). If, however, you’re in Asuran lands, cogs drop as trophy (merchant fodder). Why not, ONLY in Asura lands, be able to craft your leather armor with the addition of the cogs for a look that clearly shows where the armor was crafted? (The cogs could perhaps show up as a belt or other small-ish detail.)

The other lands would use some other common-to-them “trophy” drop, as well. If the new look was kept to one piece of armor (the chest or pants, perhaps), the coding involved would not be too onerous.

This would be additional to the vanilla armor crafted as some of it isn’t too bad. .

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/