Cultural Armor

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

Ok, I searched and searched and couldn’t find this.

So, I am one of those casual players. I play about 2 hours on weekdays, but can play my entire weekend away. I am also one of those players who likes to make my character look good, or pretty, or handsome, or…etc, (you pick the wording) and one of the nicer looking armors is the cultural armor set. I actually pick a race/profession based on what their cultural armor looks like. And in most cases, tier 3 looks the best.

The problem I have is the cost.
Tier 1 costs 2g88s
Tier 2 costs 7g10s
Tier 3 costs 119g

Anybody else see the HUGE jump? Now, I am in no way asking for any of these to be handed to me. But I would like the cost to be lowered, specifically on the T3 set.
I have nearly 900 hours logged across all of my characters, and I don’t even have 100g!
The biggest problem is that this armor is Rare, not Exotic. Why am I putting down 119g for Rare armor, when I can do a few runs in any dungeon explore mode and get Exotic armor? Ok, so more than a few, but it’s still a lot cheaper, faster and easier to get the required dungeon tokens than 119g. In fact, even after all those runs, you’ll earn money. But not even half of what you’d need for the 119g.

Now, if the price was somewhere near what the Order armor cost: 8g88s. It would be reasonable. Order armor is also Rare, so it has the same stat values.

So my suggestion is, can we get a lower price on the T3 armor? Like even if it was in the 20g range. Something that’s more reasonable of a price for Rare armor, especially when there are other options that are much cheaper.

(I’m not going to mention any trading post prices, I know those are even lower in some areas.)

Finally, if it’s too much to ask to lower the price, then can some of the players please tell me what I can do to earn money faster? The way I earn money currently consists of: selling gear I can’t use or don’t want (I still salvage rares though) and selling any crafting material I have over 250 of, and selling event RNG boxes. During the Dragon Bash so far, I have made about 3 or 4 gold just from selling the dragon coffers. But, in previous events, the RNG boxes weren’t so plentiful, and currently, the sell price of coffers is gradually decreasing.

I really want the T3 armors!!!!

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darwinius.4195

Darwinius.4195

Well for me I want tier 3 cultural and I think the price it outrageous but it is just a style and it won’t affect gameplay. I am on both sides of the fence on this because 119g is too expensive for some but makes the elite players more prideful in their armor. I would suggest lowering the price but not too much lowest 75g? It is just a fancy style but it is also a way to show off so lowering it too much would make it priceless but too expensive and not many people will go for it.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

The problem isn’t with the price. It is acceptable.
The mistake was to make them kitten ugly, like the rest of the armor collection.
(+ weapons)

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I think the jump is pretty outrageous. I don’t really understand why there needs to be a 100g difference between two tiers. What I find annoying is the gear isn’t viable at all being rare, so we’re paying 119g for transmute skins. I don’t really see any prestige in the armor itself other than saying the wearer is good at making money or is good at farming. People laugh at how little gold people still have in this game, but in general making gold is not as easy in this game as it was in other MMO’s I’ve played. Like you, I don’t expect to just be handed the best looking stuff, but when we’re talking about 100g difference in price, it’s pretty crazy.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I don’t really see any prestige in the armor itself other than saying the wearer is good at making money or is good at farming.

But that can be said about any skin in the game, can it not? Save for dungeon and cultural armor, you can buy anything on the TP anyway. And unless you go around telling people “Yeah, I totally dropped/crafted this myself!”, people can assume you just bought the stuff anyway. Or farmed a lot for it.
So that’s not an argument, I think.

And I disagree with the OP that the Tier 3 armor is, in my opinion, actually among the ugliest usually. Tier 2 I find much more fashionable 90% of the time.

It may be frustrating to see how much you still need, but see it as motivation. People complain about this game having no ultimate goal or “endgame content” all the time. But you need to make your own goals. And having that armor after a long time of playing should feel much more rewarding.

I don’t want to give the impression of talking down, being a huge fashion victim myself in this game (I probably spent 90% of my gold since release for cultural armors / skins on characters that long since were deleted and probably will be deleted in the future), but I don’t see the point of lowering the cost of the Tier 3 armor, as it would only take yet another goal people can set themselves in the long run.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Price is fine. T1 and T2 are the “affordable” sets. For T3 you have to ask yourself “Do I really think it’s worth it?”. If you then find yourself thinking “Man, I really want it.”, then it’s probably worth it and you start working for it! Same thing if you’re only in it for the title, if it’s worth it you do it, otherwise not. It’s not much harder than that…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: chnet.1832

chnet.1832

What I find annoying is the gear isn’t viable at all being rare, so we’re paying 119g for transmute skins.

Like what others said, T3 gears are just luxuries.

If you need transmute skins or unlocking achievements, gears from T1 and T2 are better choices.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I don’t really understand why there needs to be a 100g difference between two tiers.

Same reason there are obstacles in skin farming.

You are supposed to choose what you want to wear, and allocate resources towards that goal. You are not supposed to have every armor in the game.

As a result of that system, there is a lot of diversity in the armor you see people wearing, which is good.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

There are people who can’t play too often and there are people who can play an insane amount of time. a-net caters to both. By making all the armor less expensive, the ones who play all the time will have less to do because they will get it in the same amount of time as those with less time to play.

I’m one of those with less time to play. I accept the fact that if I’m not playing I won’t get everything that those that play a lot will get. That’s how it’s supposed to be. If you want the more expensive armor, you can still get it. It just takes more time because you have other priorities that cut into the time you invest in this goal.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

GW has always had armors that were either pricey or insanely expensive. In Guild Wars 1, the insanely expensive armor was the Obsidian. These armors are the ones you wear to flaunt. They aren’t meant to be easily attainable. Since there isn’t really a gear grind, but a cosmetic grind, some armor must be outrageously priced.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

As a result of that system, there is a lot of diversity in the armor you see people wearing, which is good.

There is not. The same armors used on level 80, and now, every second player has an idiotic wing that breaks the remained epicness of the game.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I’m sorry that you have 700 hours logged and not 100g. I would ask (1) what you are doing in that time and (2) how much have you spent already? If you are unable to get 100g in 700 hours I would argue that you don’t really want it that badly. Not every piece of armor or weapons can be (or should be) available to every player. It’s not elitism, it’s just about some being willing to put in the time for something and some are not.

I believe the cultural armor is very reasonable. It’s the “legendary” form of armor at the moment, and not even a tenth of the cost.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

There is not. The same armors used on level 80, and now, every second player has an idiotic wing that breaks the remained epicness of the game.

There is. I see many different outfits simply by chilling in LA.

The wing is just a FotM, and it’ll pass after the next major update.

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Go to the events timer, run the bosses, salvage ecto and sell that ecto. In a few days you should have it. Every laurel is also worth about 60s through heavy bags.

This game favours the casual, since the best rewards are put in daily chests. Hunt those and make a killing by playing 2 hours a day tops.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

End-game gear is all about skins in GW2, so it’s natural the T3 cultural costs so much. Just be glad the jump from T1 to T2 isn’t halfway between T1 and T3, otherwise we’d miss out on lots of cool skins from the T2 because you’d have to make some serious considerations before splashing out.

T3 prices are fine as they are, if they were to reduce them now I’d expect big reimbursements made to everyone who’s grinded to afford it while it’s been expensive. And I don’t see that happening – which is why T3 prices should stay.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

There is. I see many different outfits simply by chilling in LA.

The wing is just a FotM, and it’ll pass after the next major update.

Sure… in this game, you see ~8 armors and ~5 colors used in the capital cities.
In other games, you see ~20 armors.
Colors are different matter. Real world lacks of colors, so the only way to go ahead is texture dyes (fur, metal, leather effects, etc).

Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I really like the cultural T3 Armors and the price is fine. Buying these armors shows that you are willing to pay so much for the looks, what is a good way to seperate myself from the players who just want the best armor, no matter how kittenty it looks.