Curious if anyone else would like this - Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serin.3917

Serin.3917

So I was thinking how some of the weapons in this game have a particular look for them but yet sometimes don’t match the armor dye schemes you can obtain with armor dyes.

Would anyone else like to customize their color sets with their weapons to match their armor? Would it be feasible to implement an idea like this? Just wanted to know if there are people who would like this idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Only if it was coloring details, like hilts and grips and the like depending on the weapon. Swords shouldn’t have a Ceylon bar for a blade.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serin.3917

Serin.3917

Only if it was coloring details, like hilts and grips and the like depending on the weapon. Swords shouldn’t have a Ceylon bar for a blade.

Ah thats what I mean, like have certain areas being customizable color wise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Personally i say bring back the GW1 weapon dye ability. No reason i can change my armor on the fly but cant make my weapon match.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It has been suggested multiple times, and most people agree with it.

I’d love to dye my weapons, specially staves, greatswords and shields, since they are the ones with bigger, noticeable, surfaces.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

If weapons were indeed able to be customised, I think cultural and legendary weapons wouldn’t be able to be dyed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: staticstorm.2318

staticstorm.2318

was in GW1 surely was a oversight by anet not to include it in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’d like this. For the longest time shields are just boring wooden things, changing the color would be something everyone would appreciate I think, and then players can show off their cool dyes even moreso.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

was in GW1 surely was a oversight by anet not to include it in GW2

There is an enormous amount of features that were in GW1 that aren’t in GW2. Hairdressers, the ability to change sex, guild bases, G v G….the list is long…

in Suggestions

SiNoS.2147

Alot of the cosmetic cash shop stuff has been said to be coming. It just wasent ready for launch.

Edit: As well as guild hall’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spudfuzz.6185

Spudfuzz.6185

I’d love to be able to dye my weapons to match my character instead of the other way around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

If weapons were indeed able to be customised, I think cultural and legendary weapons wouldn’t be able to be dyed.

I’d say that Legendary weapons should be dyable. After all the work required to obtain one, why should we be limited to one that looks exactly the same as every other legendary of that type.

in Suggestions

SiNoS.2147

I’d say that Legendary weapons should be dyable. After all the work required to obtain one, why should we be limited to one that looks exactly the same as every other legendary of that type.

Agreed. The only part that shouldent be able to be dyed is the special effect like the greatswords blades.

in Suggestions

Posted by: trick.9245

trick.9245

/sign

some weapons look horrible when not color-fitted to the armor… and it’s a pain in the neck to have to color your armor like the weapons one (twilight greatsword – pink… e.g.)…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doombringer Thor.5649

Doombringer Thor.5649

Love this idea, even if the changeable area is small (such as hilt/grip area for legendary weapons).

Join She Said She Was Level Xviii [oops] on yaks bend!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Was in GW1, not sure why it wasn’t in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: juiceman.2870

juiceman.2870

Who would argue against more variety and options? Sure why not it just comes down to so much time/money for them to actually implement all this stuff. Not to mention all the other stuff they have to change and manage for this.