Current gearsets and the lack thereof

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yocairo.4257

Yocairo.4257

Currently there are 14 full armor type’s if I’m correct. There are still many stats lacking rendering a lot of builds subpar.

Speaking from the pov of a p/d thief, I can choose between carrion and rabid.
I run carrion because precision is an even worse stat than power for me.
I noticed this is similar for a lot of builds out there.

What we really need right now and not somewhere down the line is stat reallocation.
We should be able to choose our own stat make-up.

I.E. I would love to drop the power stat as it is pretty awful as condi spec and replace it with toughness.

I’m unsure why they went this direction with GW2. Half the gearsets not even available in ascended, and the ones that are in game are often for cookie cutter specs like zerker and pvt. A lot of specs are simply ignored or lacking purely because of (very) limited choice.

That being said, I hope Anet will take this seriously and implement something like this in the near future because the current system IS flawed. It’s weird to create specs and not have the gear to support them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Completely ignoring the fact that you’re a p/d thief asking for gear that suits your condi build better…..

I.E. I would love to drop the power stat as it is pretty awful as condi spec and replace it with toughness.

You realize power increases your condition damage as well, right?

Are you sure about the power thing? Because my Thief’s bleeds do about 30 more hitpoints per second than my engineer does and my thief has zerker gear my engi uses rampager so there’s something not right here in the numbers. Both sets have power precision but my engi’s armor has power precision condi damage.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Edit: I’m a moron, I was thinking about Might…

Carry on OP.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yocairo.4257

Yocairo.4257

Hmm I’m pretty sure that was changed a while ago. i’ll need an up to date source if you don’t mind. Can’t find anything about those two scaling at all.

Personally i’d like to run with a little higher toughness, because vit alone doesn’t help enough to make me survive zerker burst. The other day I got globalled with 10k backstab, 8.3k heartseeker.

Also, this was just an example, not only are there far more builds/preferences that could utilize different stats-this is more about giving players choice how to build without being restricted by cookie cutter specs. Thanks for the reply though!