Cursor Upgrade - Add Graphic Options

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

One thing I can’t help but finding myself wish this game have as a easy to implement and great quality of life improvement would be graphical cursor options to make finding your cursor easier in really intense battles with tons of spell effects going off.

The purpose of this would be to aid in tactical aiming of ground targeted spells and to help click on specific targets easier when there is an overwhelming amount of spell effects on the screen making finding the current cursor sometimes difficult.

Some options to change the cursors size, color, glow, and adding trail effects to the cursor would be relatively easy to implements and be a great quality of life improvement for classes and specs who use lots of ground targeting.

Thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I can honestly say I’ve never lost my cursor. Granted, that could because of the quality of machine I run on and the monitor I watch. So I suppose this wouldn’t be a bad option for folks with average or basic consumer machines . . . I just can’t speak to this issue personally. I don’t disagree with it, though, +1.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’m going to have to agree that I have never had this issue before. I always am able to find my cursor even in zerg battles. I run on the lower end graphical settings, so I don’t know if this is an issue for people with high end graphics only.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

I like this idea as it happens to me sometimes.

@LeeroyNimoy: I’m surprised at your comment. I run the game at fairly high settings and I find all the fancy lighting and shadow effects do sometimes obscure the cursor. If anything I would think people running at lower settings would have less of a problem in this regard.

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Well, I run at 720p quality on an LED monitor with a rather vibrant display. I also have vision somewhere above 20/20 (I say somewhere because I haven’t had my eyes checked in a few years and I do sit at a computer for work all day, then play games in the dark at home, lol). My settings are all at max across the board, plus I overclock my settings system-side. So all of that may play a factor into it when put together.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just wish all names/titles ect would auto turn off during any big event. It really looks like crap and ruins the experience regardless of how good your rig is.

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

That much is true, Blude, I would happily do away with friendly nameplates for larger scale things . . . heck, I’d do away with them for small scale things. Come to think of it, can I just turn them off? I hate nameplates, I forgot how much until just now, lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

careful OP, you might get into trouble with some over sensitive overseer for implying the cursor needs work, I myself got into trouble for suggesting something similar to your idea just today.

but yeah the cursor visibility needs work or the particle effect controls needs to be given to the players so we can decide how much particle effects we want to see or not see.