Cuter female armor designs on Asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Most of the armor on Asura leans toward the male model – even on the females. I truly wish for some frilly, girly, cute armors for female Asura.

I am sick to death of nearly all the skirt-sets being pants on the Asura females with the exception of one or two sets like the winged set.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

For my light armored Asura females (my necro and ele) I use TA armor. Its frilly and pretty.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

If there’s one thing I really don’t like on asura females it’s that all armor sets use the male models. A good example where I wish they had separate female sets is the Pit Fighter/Yakkington/Jalis/whatever armor. Appropriate for males since it’s a nearly topless armor set save for a band across the chest, but my females shouldn’t really wander around topless (though they don’t have anything to show for it).

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

it’s a little sad, our outfits, outright = /

I would like a girly touch in armor.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

I was thinking about getting the TA armor since it is one of the VERY FEW girly pieces for Asura females… but I went with the winged skirt instead with a devout top. Not my favorite by far, but it looks nice and still feminine.

Glad I am not the only one feeling this. The little Asura females are so cute. Although Asurans are a mostly androgynous race… there ought to still be differences in their clothing.

in Suggestions

Lilith Ajit.6173

I go back and forth on this. I want my little Asura to look more girly some days, and I flip through my armors (cult t3, TA, and the aetherblade) and despite it all I can still tell she’s a female, and that’s nice. But at the same time the way Asura are such a different race in terms of personality and I figure it totally would not make sense for them to have any sex appeal (does that word get filtered, I wonder?). I was glad that the Aetherblade helm is feminine-ish, and cultural t3 also seems female to me, except for a little Tom-boyish.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Yes, the light T3 (when dyed appropriately) looks a bit feminine I agree. My Asura guardian wears the T3 heavy set and manages to make it slightly feminine thanks to dyes – but I leave her head exposed. If she were in the helm, then she could just as easily be a male Asura wearing pink dye sue to the lack of difference in the armor models.

I don’t want sex appeal, just more femininity. There are plenty of things they could add in to make the female model clothing look more feminine than the male model clothing. That’s what I want. More skirts, some more frills here and there.

Also – helms that don’t eliminate hair! While facial features can be made more feminine (as shown by your character Lilith Ajit), Asura females rely heavily on hairstyle to differentiate themselves from the males.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

This is my Asura Guardian and yes choices are limited.
She has a pirate armor but with the Lionguard top.

Attachments:

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

In my opinion there are a few girly armors, but it’s really not enough..

light: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/asura-light.htm
stately
tactical skirt
feathered
twilight
winged

medium: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/asura-medium.htm
emblazoned
order of whispers
vigil
twilight

heavy: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/asura-heavy.htm
pit fighter (karma), especially skirt
guild
gladiator, chest and skirt
draconic

I only have a little asura girl in light armor, but have not decided yet how to dress her, although she already hit lvl 80 for quite a time.. I think she will get mixed armor pieces or twilight… right now she is still looking like this.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s really difficult to make girly heavy Asura, for me anyway. I used cultural t2 because i like how the figure isn’t as stalky as the males.

For reference, the female is mine the male is a friend’s. I dislike the helm.

Attachments:

[ARES]

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

I recently saw the Phoenix set that is viewable in the PvP lockers. Once again – a beautiful feathered skirt for females…. just not for Asura females because they got stuck in the male model AGAIN.

PLEASE ANet… make some of your new armors both male and female modeled for Asura. This just kills me, the new feathered looking phoenix set is stunning and I cannot put it on my character.

in Suggestions

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah the Phoenix set is gorgeous …. on humanoids.
:( At least give us cute shoes!!!!

[ARES]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I understand your dilemma.

Here is both a male and female version of the armor set (I know, I’m only using 2 pieces of the set in the female version, but mixing and matching is the best way to get your desired look).

And yes, this could be better, I just did a quick mashup using the PvP locker (if I had the actual armors, I could dye better. Dye setup for both pictures is Celestial/Midnight Ice/Midnight Ice/Midnight Ice.)

In the female picture, I chose those gloves because they, with the Phoenix mask, added a nice Cruella De Ville-ish look. I couldn’t find anything else to match, and then realized the Mask was much too masculine, so I swapped it for the hood (which fit with the pants, which aren’t Phoenix either). I wanted to use the Phoenix chestpiece for this to show that you can use a masculine shirt with a feminine look. The shoulders are T3 cultural because they don’t overwhelm the look and blend with the shirt (the shoulders overpower the masculinity).

The final picture was I wanted to create a set using more of the pieces. This is more a male antagonist noble look.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jagerbomb.9057

Jagerbomb.9057

YES YES YES! PLEASE ANET. do something about female asura armor ANYTHING. I want cute little outfits for her. dresses, skirts! And dont bs about how theyre like “children” because some heavy armor for them show all their “boob” area. Give us a few girly options. You do it with town clothes, just add a few armors in or give us an option to switch between male vers and female!

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

give us an option to switch between male vers and female!

Oh god yes, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I found this reasoning by someone on why female Asura get male armor.

Poster: Myramar
yeah, asura females use the male armor models. Also the charr females. Why?
Basically because those armors were designed for male and female humans first, so the male/female version of armors does only make sense for having different female/male appearances (means: different anatomy). Female Charr and Asura do not have a different anatomy (charr females have a different tail, different head-options, but no different body build, asura females do only have different hairstyles and face options).
And because the armors were designed for human models first (except racial armor), they are designed for characters with human anatomy differences between genders. If you have now an armor model designed to show breasts, and give it to an asura or charr, it would look absolutely silly. This is why they wear male armor models, what is completely fine.

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Basically because those armors were designed for male and female humans first, so the male/female version of armors does only make sense for having different female/male appearances (means: different anatomy). Female Charr and Asura do not have a different anatomy (charr females have a different tail, different head-options, but no different body build, asura females do only have different hairstyles and face options).
And because the armors were designed for human models first (except racial armor), they are designed for characters with human anatomy differences between genders. If you have now an armor model designed to show breasts, and give it to an asura or charr, it would look absolutely silly. This is why they wear male armor models, what is completely fine.

To some extent I could go along with that reasoning, except that some of the armor sets created for female humans ARE female on Asura as well – like the feathered and winged sets. Also the TA set has a female option on the Asura. The feathered and TA sets even expose the chest skin where it would normally have supported breasts/cleavage on human and norn characters.

It would only take some minor tweaking/reworking to get the armor to appear nicely on an Asura female vs. Asura male. Yes, it might have to look slightly different than it does on a human – but it could still be a female/feminine variant. I see this as perhaps laziness on the designers part for not crafting up an Asura (and Charr) feminine variant of each armor set. If you create the race – you ought to be prepared to have to dress them too.

As far as the lack of bodily characteristics – that’s crap! Just because they share the same form does not mean they share the same taste/style/gender mindset. Not every Asura female born is a tomboy who prefers to dress as a guy I would think. Although their research is paramount, I am sure they might give a small nod to their personal style occasionally too.

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

I dislike having Male Arah shoulders on my Female Asura. It’s not like it’s going to change my body and give me breasts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

To some extent I could go along with that reasoning, except that some of the armor sets created for female humans ARE female on Asura as well – like the feathered and winged sets. Also the TA set has a female option on the Asura. The feathered and TA sets even expose the chest skin where it would normally have supported breasts/cleavage on human and norn characters.

It would only take some minor tweaking/reworking to get the armor to appear nicely on an Asura female vs. Asura male. Yes, it might have to look slightly different than it does on a human – but it could still be a female/feminine variant. I see this as perhaps laziness on the designers part for not crafting up an Asura (and Charr) feminine variant of each armor set. If you create the race – you ought to be prepared to have to dress them too.

As far as the lack of bodily characteristics – that’s crap! Just because they share the same form does not mean they share the same taste/style/gender mindset. Not every Asura female born is a tomboy who prefers to dress as a guy I would think. Although their research is paramount, I am sure they might give a small nod to their personal style occasionally too.

Of course this begs the question, do Asura find feminine clothing appropriate on female Asura? They are a different species than human, obviously. Which means they will find different thing sexy or attactive than a human will. The lore says they consider long ears and high foreheads sexy. Since clothing that is gender specific takes in consideration gender differences and since there are no obvious gender differences among Asura, would they have invented feminine clothing or masculine clothing? Or would their clothing be unisex?

While I can sympathize with people who want to dress up their female Asura. I have to feel that it is inappropriate to dress them in human type feminine outfits. That it doesn’t match the lore and that it is an anthropomorphizing (trying to make something that is not human act or look like a human) of a non human species.

The fact that ANet made some armor feminine for them may be because they know that people want this and they were willing to bend the lore a little, imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vesperia.6097

vesperia.6097

They should make the heart rewards look different for every race area because now on low levels all eles, warriors and everyone looks completely the same except colors.

Might makes me right!

in Suggestions

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

Snip…

No, it isn’t Female Feathered or Winged. It is the Male Version of ALL the armor.
The Arah and Twilight Arbor – all of them. It’s why they look so hideous in Heavy Karma Armor. shudders

Attachments:

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

I agree.
There’s allot of armors that don’t fit a female asura. I’d like to get a couple of armors that’s different on males and females on asura.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Small girly accessories can do the trick without too human. a belt decorated with a more feminine shirt … or other …. not obliged to skirt.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roxyn.7140

Roxyn.7140

This is my main problem with GW2 at the moment and would love to see it fixed. As someone that plays 100% asura characters the lack of variation between male/female armors is really disappointing, and I can’t help but feel slightly annoyed when I see how different sets are on the other races. If it has to be done via an options menu toggle on/off then so be it, at least that way it would be an option.

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Small girly accessories can do the trick without too human. a belt decorated with a more feminine shirt … or other …. not obliged to skirt.

I would love to see accessories as well…. but I really want feminine skirts!

Anime lolita ruffles and ribbons and bows and mini tophats might be asking a bit much…. but it sure would be adorable lol.

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Just as a loose example of how such a thing (lolita cute style) could be done while still adhering to the Asuran aesthetic I found this design on DeviantArt.

Not designed by myself or anyone I know, I take no credit for the design. I am just sharing it here.

http://craftywingy.deviantart.com/art/Future-Cyber-Lolita-116494228

SURELY the designers over at ANet can come up with similar things or even better ones? Please Anet – new interesting FEMININE Asura designs!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aradusm.6420

Aradusm.6420

I got to admit, the Asura females’ armor need major overhaul so they look more girlish in my opinion. There isn’t much to distinguish a male from an female. I tend to make male’s ears long and females ears short, also adding different markings as an indicator of being a female.

in Suggestions

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

I got to admit, the Asura females’ armor need major overhaul so they look more girlish in my opinion. There isn’t much to distinguish a male from an female. I tend to make male’s ears long and females ears short, also adding different markings as an indicator of being a female.

I did the same… but put a helm on and suddenly no one can tell what gender you are anymore. Pink dye isn’t a great indicator because plenty of male characters have pink dye on