Cyrillic in Chat

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veliknan.6109

Veliknan.6109

Please add Cyrillic in Chat. It is very necessary for a comfortable game.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

How is it necesary?

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

please no
last thing we need is Russians spamming on global chats in Cyrillic

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zag.8932

Zag.8932

In global chat many people spaming in their laungueges, and they very good know English! But for Russians VERY hard to speaking between themselves using latin letters. I thing it’s not to hard add cirillic. Also we all have black list button! If you see spaming, Use that button!

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veliknan.6109

Veliknan.6109

Russian words in Latin letters in the global chat that’s for sure spam. For English speaking of course. If a in global Cyrillic chat. Do not read if you do not know the Cyrillic alphabet.
means the information is not for you
Ignore. Simple things guys!

(edited by Veliknan.6109)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

So many people would rather someone else not be able to communicate because they think it would inconvenience them by having to read a line of text and saying OH I CAN’T UNDERSTAND THAT. Next line.

lol

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Also… Since we have some Russians commenting in here. Is this how you guys really deal with road rage? =P

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

I’m against anyone using language other then English on general chat, I find it rude(i am not brit or american), also if you speak russian using Latin alphabet at least I know when you are insulting me and not talking to yourselves.
Maybe they should enable Cyrillic on private messages, guilds, that wouldn’t be issue for me.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think being able to use other language symbols in guild, party and private messages should be fine, I mean as far as I’m aware you can already use Chinese characters. I can imagine it being very difficult to use the English language and alphabet if you aren’t used to it. Perhaps only disable it in /map and /team chat so people don’t get confused.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

So many people would rather someone else not be able to communicate because they think it would inconvenience them by having to read a line of text and saying OH I CAN’T UNDERSTAND THAT. Next line.

lol

Darn… the next line is also in Cyrillic. Ahwell.

100 lines later:

OH IT’S A LINE IN ENGLISH! WOOOT!

One – Piken Square

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

please no
last thing we need is Russians spamming on global chats in Cyrillic

^this.

We don’t need yet another group of people spamming gibberish.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

the ignorant in this thread seem to think that anything they don’t understand constitutes spam, which makes me laugh rather hard.

i don’t care if they add it.

If I started spouting Swedish in the /map chat, that would be spam. I’d probably even get reported.

Same deal here.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

the ignorant in this thread seem to think that anything they don’t understand constitutes spam, which makes me laugh rather hard.

i don’t care if they add it.

It is spam for them, just as me writing Finnish would be to you. Hence I don’t write Finnish in the public channels.

The game has different language servers for those who don’t want to write in english. If your language is not supported, stick to english so others in the game can also understand you.

As simple as that.

One – Piken Square

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

no swahili yet?? kitten !

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lara Kroft Rus.3954

Lara Kroft Rus.3954

Need not only Cyrillic, but Google translator chat, so that everyone could read and write in their native language!

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Please for the sake of this game

HELL NO

/not signed

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

Need not only Cyrillic, but Google translator chat, so that everyone could read and write in their native language!

Because Google Translator is famed for it’s ability to accurately translate stuff into coherent sentences.

No, wait…

Do you even lift, bro?

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Lara Kroft Rus.3954

Because Google Translator is famed for it’s ability to accurately translate stuff into coherent sentences.

No, wait…

Please make Cyrillic in this forum, I have to Oglaf, write in Russian))) He knows quality translator, not what I do.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Lara Kroft Rus.3954

But seriously, you have the European Union, language teaching is that students can speak freely on inostannyh languages. And we have 5% of the players can boast of, the other, or low or no knowledge of a second language.

I’m sorry if anyone hurt, the phrase “in the Cyrillic alphabet, writing is not for you,” the authors had in mind that because of problems with a second language, it is easier to communicate in Russian.
Thanks Cyrillic alphabet, it is easier to find a knowledgeable Russian, we do not have the Latin alphabet- we Cyrillic.

Since the game is not the Cyrillic alphabet, the players write the Latin alphabet. Believe me, we distinguish between the Russian words written by the manner of the English, not as easy as you. This poses challenges to all who played in GW!

(edited by Lara Kroft Rus.3954)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

It would be great if they can add Cyrillic in the private, party and guild chats only.
And I’m against cyrillic in the any global chats (map, team, say, etc.)

P.S. I’m Russian.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Straylight.7408

Straylight.7408

Russian words in Latin letters in the global chat that’s for sure spam. For English speaking of course. If a in global Cyrillic chat. Do not read if you do not know the Cyrillic alphabet.

“don’t read if the information is not for you”….that’s such a weak argument…

If your information is not intended for the people on the map…why write in the map-chat? put your message in a whisper or discuss it in guild-chat.

When you type in map-chat you address everyone on the map and should therefore use a language everyone understands, which happens to be english.

to the OP: NO, I’m against introducing the cyrillic alphabet on international servers because it would further encourage language-barriers.

(edited by Straylight.7408)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Lara Kroft Rus.3954

“don’t read if the information is not for you”….that’s such a weak argument…

If your information is not intended for the people on the map…why write in the map-chat? put your message in a whisper or discuss it in guild-chat.

When you type in map-chat you address everyone on the map and should therefore use a language everyone understands, which happens to be english.

to the OP: NO, I’m against introducing the cyrillic alphabet on international servers because it would further encourage language-barriers.

I’m sorry if anyone hurt, the phrase “in the Cyrillic alphabet, writing is not for you,” the authors had in mind that because of problems with a second language, it is easier to communicate in Russian.
Thanks Cyrillic alphabet, it is easier to find a knowledgeable Russian, we do not have the Latin alphabet- we Cyrillic

(edited by Lara Kroft Rus.3954)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Lara Kroft Rus.3954

I hasten to please all of you, chatting Cyrillic !

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Can Arena make Cyrillic only for guild chat?

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

No on map, team, or say chat channels.

Yes for whisper or guild or party.

However, only if they add in every other language that does not use Latin letters. Not fair to add Cyrillic if they don’t add in the others.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

I agree with no russian on global, but in guilds, and especially in party chanells its necessary!

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omentos.2986

Omentos.2986

Please, Cyrillic in party, guild and private chat

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Satty.5392

Satty.5392

Please, Cyrillic in party, guild and private chat. It is very necessary for a comfortable game. And no one hurt.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nakama.3785

Nakama.3785

Adding Cyrillic not hurt anyone, but will greatly simplify life RU community.
I apologize for my English.

(edited by Nakama.3785)

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkinor.1235

Darkinor.1235

Would be nice feature to have cyrillic. Also for all those who dont want to see or read cyrillic in global , it would be nice to add feature that disables cyrillic letters from showing up, so they dont need to “read 100 lines in russian”.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omentos.2986

Omentos.2986

Would be nice feature to have cyrillic. Also for all those who dont want to see or read cyrillic in global , it would be nice to add feature that disables cyrillic letters from showing up, so they dont need to “read 100 lines in russian”.

Very nice suggestion

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aleksandr.9281

Aleksandr.9281

Totally agree the correct topic. topic +

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrou.6479

Horrou.6479

Dear ArenaNet and NCsoft, on behalf of all members of “Wolf Spirit”, as their guild
leader, I’m asking you to consider our very important proposal. Since unity of the guild members plays a big role in the game (and with “Flame & Frost: The gathering storm” update it will become even more important), we are very upset that we can’t properly coordinate our actions and efficiently communicate in game.
Inability to write in native language in guild, party and personal chats slows down progress of the guild as well as all of it’s members. Social aspect of the game is losing its attractiveness because of inability to properly communicate with other members of the community united by players with same language, culture and interests.
On behalf of all the guild members and everyone else signed below, I’m asking to add Cyrillic letters into the game so russian players could write in guild, party and personal chats in their own language.

Members of “Wolf Spirit”:
Aeris.7541
Aladar.4197
AlexCrow.9631
Anhaekitten.8159
Ase.2394
Astella.4739
bibi.5407
Bootya.2765
Brother Michael.6875
byikasha.8724
Choper.7682
degi.8451
Delena.3481
Deriagan.6013
DirtyHarry.1829
Dmitry.9134
dreem.6470
eths.3471
EvilGroz.2741
Fedor Emilianenko.6948
FelinaMei.1349
FlyingWind.2590
FoXer.3520
Gore Shade.2039
Gorey.4387
Gothic.4562
Hargamana.7304
Heavik.5087
Horrou.6479
IceInferno.8324
kim.8236
Krise.3912
Likada.9730
LuckyJoe.7304
Ludowig.1049
manster sinkero.8594
melik.3085
Morningstar.9702
MupoJI.4370
Paffnucci.8645
Quiddity.3492
Richard Sayfer.7861
Saaji.2091
Serij Ladiesman.7062
Sigalit.3518
stariikan.6785
Taler.8109
TheDarkOne.9147
Tzaraas.5241
val.7094
Vegga.2398
Vova.2540
Yagupi.9327
zHellish.2036

This collective request submitted in single copy by the leader of the guild instead of individual requests by every player so that customer support wouldn’t be overloaded by them. Every player listed above expressed his/her approval of this message and waiting for your decision on that matter. Sincerely, members of “Wolf Spirit” of CIS.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shvetsov.6012

Shvetsov.6012

Add my voice for cyrillic letters in chat!

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: partizan.5831

partizan.5831

Please add Cyrillic in Chat.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: DIMAFILIPPOV.2450

DIMAFILIPPOV.2450

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grishgart.4602

Grishgart.4602

The best Solution would be to make one of the underpopulated servers to a russian one and make transfers free for this server and for people that want to play on it.

Cyrillic in Chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Don’t speak russian, but major languages of most countries the game is sold in should be supported IMO.