Cyrillic

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: AraQkh.8621

AraQkh.8621

Q:

Hello, guys!

My guild speaks Russian. Communicate with them in the Latin alphabet is not so comfortable for me. During the events without voice communication is not possible, but being constantly in teamspeak is unacceptable for me, because I want to listen to music while playing, I can talk on Skype and more, more…
And therefore I want to offer the game developers to add the Cyrillic alphabet.

Here is a list of languages that uses Cyrillic alphabet:

National languages of:

• Bulgaria
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Belarus
  • Kazakhstan (where I’m from)
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Macedonia
  • Mongolia
  • Montenegro
  • Russia (Russia is not the only one who uses this alphabet, but is the dominant)
  • Serbia
  • Tajikistan
  • Ukraine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script

I don’t think that this is some sort of difficulty. I don’t mean that you guys have to Russify game, but only add to the game Cyrillic.

I would be extremely grateful if you guys even plan to add this in the game. This will allow me to play the game more comfortable.

But what do you think of this?
Whether it will somehow interfere with other players who is not using the Cyrillic alphabet?

Sincerely,
AraQkh aka Pandemius

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turra.4529

Turra.4529

I wanna Cyrillic too

Boris Yeltsin
Desolation

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ariata.3175

Ariata.3175

We need it very much

Thank you

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teg.5086

Teg.5086

Cyrillic Cyrillic Cyrillic Cyrillic !!!

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: iPsycho.6542

iPsycho.6542

That’s would be nice

Been there. Done that.

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The main issue is that there are no specific Russian servers, and this could be a rather major issue with people using Cyrillic letters on European servers.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jet.1570

Jet.1570

That would be just great!

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

The main issue is that there are no specific Russian servers, and this could be a rather major issue with people using Cyrillic letters on European servers.

This problem was solved long ago, since this request for Cyrillic has been floating since beta. All they have to do to prevent any drama, is to restrict cyrillic to just guild/party/whisper chats. Easy

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: difference.5742

difference.5742

That would be good

Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: AraQkh.8621

AraQkh.8621

I don’t ask developers to make a Russian servers (I personally will never go there, no any case), I just request to add only a set of language packs – Cyrillic alphabet. Thats all.

Let me explain in which cases I will use the Cyrillic alphabet.

• Communicate with guild members (Guild, Party chat)
  • Recruiting (map chat)

For example: “GuildName” is recruiting more people for PvE/WvW/sPvP. We are Russian-speaking guild.

Don’t you think its stupid?

And I’m sure that nobody (at least I) could write in Cyrillic for LFG. Because it is absurd. (thank you gw2lfg.com)