Daily Achievement Chests

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReginWoods.8573

ReginWoods.8573

The chest rewards you get for completing the daily achievements can be greatly improved for the betterment of lower level characters and new players. (I know you can get other rewards, but so far I have not heard of this happening.)

• Money Reward The money you get seems to be scaled to the level of the current player when the daily achievement is completed. This can be troubling. If I complete the achievement on my level 12 Warrior, I can collect the reward on my level 76 Elementalist and get much, much more money. There should either be no money reward or a more fixated amount.
  • Mystic Coins Rewarding the player with Mystic Coins at the completion of a daily achievement is confusing and useless for new characters/players. Mystic Coins are used for creating high level weapons at the Mystic forge in Lion’s Arch. First off, low level characters find this item useless until a much later level. Also, many people don’t know about the Mystic of little value for many players. The coins also do not give the player much to look forward for when attempting the achievement.
  • Experience This aspect of the reward system is good.
  • What can you do? There are a few things the developers can do with this system. When rewarding money they can give a less level-dependent amount (I am not completely sure about a proper way to fix this, but I believe it should be.) As for item rewards, the Mystic Coins should not be the sole thing rewarded. Maybe give players a chest or loot bag that they can open on any character (possibly also tradable between accounts.) and may reward them with a Black Lion Key (at the current point in the game, keys are way to rare and expensive for the amount of chests obtained.), a Mystic Coin or Forge Stone, Materials for crafting or a random tonic (Which should also be tradable.)

The wiki page

(edited by ReginWoods.8573)

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ll add my vote of support to including a Black Lion Key for completing the Daily Achievement along with the existing rewards. I can typically get 3 or 4 BLC’s just from one day’s play, so a single BLK per day is unlikely to make a serious dent in ANet’s income source from keys purchased from the Gem Store.

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

One Black Lion Key a day would be freaking amazing.

The chests are 99.9% of the time loaded with worthless crap, but the simple lottery factor of it would make the dailies a lot more satisfying!

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

• Money Reward The money you get seems to be scaled to the level of the current player when the daily achievement is completed. This can be troubling. If I complete the achievement on my level 12 Warrior, I can collect the reward on my level 76 Elementalist and get much, much more money. There should either be no money reward or a more fixated amount.

disagree. just log out and log in with a level 80 character if you want the 5 silvers that badly.

• Mystic Coins Rewarding the player with Mystic Coins at the completion of a daily achievement is confusing and useless for new characters/players. Mystic Coins are used for creating high level weapons at the Mystic forge in Lion’s Arch. First off, low level characters find this item useless until a much later level. Also, many people don’t know about the Mystic of little value for many players. The coins also do not give the player much to look forward for when attempting the achievement.

disagree. it is the players own fault for not saving up those precious mystic coins everyday.

• What can you do? There are a few things the developers can do with this system. When rewarding money they can give a less level-dependent amount (I am not completely sure about a proper way to fix this, but I believe it should be.) As for item rewards, the Mystic Coins should not be the sole thing rewarded. Maybe give players a chest or loot bag that they can open on any character (possibly also tradable between accounts.) and may reward them with a Black Lion Key (at the current point in the game, keys are way to rare and expensive for the amount of chests obtained.), a Mystic Coin or Forge Stone, Materials for crafting or a random tonic (Which should also be tradable.)

the mystic coin is a guaranteed reward. other rewards have a low chance to spawn. i received black lion salvage tool kit and other things from the daily achievement chest.

other things possible to get:
Basic Transmutation Stone
Fine Transmutation Stone
Bank Access Express
Black Lion Chest
Black Lion Key
Black Lion Merchant Express
Black Lion Salvage Kit
Black Lion Trader Express
Mystic Forge Stone
Instant Repair Canister

this feature is working as intended.

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I like the daily achievements, Basically, I only have time for that – in full or part of it – most of the days

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye i like the daily achievements too.

i always clear them before i go to sleep.

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReginWoods.8573

ReginWoods.8573

disagree. it is the players own fault for not saving up those precious mystic coins everyday.

But as I said, for players who do not understand the use for these Mystic Coins it is very difficult for them to know what to do with them, and also, for completing a daily achievement you should get something you can use right away (Like a Black Lion Chest Key). Not something you save up until you’re level 80.

Daily Achievement Chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I think the daily rewards are fine the way they are.

If the Mystic Coins are modified, I would hope that the tweak would be to make them more useful for lower-level characters, rather than making them yet another RNG-dependent item.