Daily change to Weekly

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lik.7345

Lik.7345

I think that do daily in the 3 metagame (sPvP, PvE, WvWvW) all days is not so fun. Sometimes i want to play sPvP for all the day, in others day i don’t want to do sPvP at all and do some dungeons and fractals.

A good idea in my opinion is to change daily to weekly, the easiest way is to make all of the achievements that should be there during the week (as daily) throughout the week; for example every week we will have to kill 70 players in WvWvW , do 7 topstats in sPvP , collect 140 resources, etc. . ..

Regarding the laurels, simply when player complete 5 achievements will be given 1 laurel to a maximum of 7.

In this way those players that want to continue to play as now can do it without problems , but those that, like me, would like to be more free to focus on a metagame for 4 or 5 hours in a row would be more free without losing the ability to get the laurels and the achievement point .

I think it would also be a good change for the achievements hunters , who every day make all the available daily and have very little time for the real game .

I don’t see a single downside for any kind of player, is good for social and is good for hardcore, for this I think it is a good idea.

I also think that is not so difficult to implement because it require only to set this daily available for 7 days and give daily chest every 5 achievement.

Sorry for my bad english

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I kinda agree with that, the daily routine is somewhat exhausting and to be honest, it’s the thing that driven me out of some other MMOs, weekly is much more friendly to the “play how you want” phrase.

#ELEtism 4ever

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

I kinda agree with that, the daily routine is somewhat exhausting …

Then don’t do it. Problem solved.

I think that do daily in the 3 metagame (sPvP, PvE, WvWvW) all days is not so fun. Sometimes i want to play sPvP for all the day, in others day i don’t want to do sPvP at all and do some dungeons and fractals.

Same as above: If you don’t have fun, don’t do it.

If you only do it for the laurels and you don’t want to be forced to focus on only one aspect of the game: Well, that’s why you can get them via the PvP, PvE or WvW daily.

If you are doing it for APs – well, then you just want to grind them easier with turning into a weekly, don’t think that’s why we have them.

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

STRanger.5120

something something…

Hmm, there’s two types of ppl here I guess, one is trying to actually suggest an improvement and the other is like “suck it up” type trolls.
So if you have nothing constructive to add, just don’t post here, there’s plenty of other sub-forums you can annoy ppl.

Thanks and best regards,

A guy who wants the game to be better

Edit: Remember one thing, suggestions in this forum are not here for you, those are for devs. So that’s the thing.

#ELEtism 4ever

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

A guy who wants the game to be better.

Or: “I want more and faster easymode farming of AP.”

No answer yet, WHY there’s any need to change the daily. Laurels? Nope.

Most of all dailys you can easily do while playing the game 30 – 45 min/day. And not by focussing the daily, just by playing the game.

If you can’t make that, there’s something else kinda like a weekly already ingame, called: monthly. And what about those who can’t make the weekly, because they only play 3 days a week and don’t want to focus on making it? Should they get a weekendly?

Edit: Remember one thing, suggestions in this forum are not here for you, those are for devs. So that’s the thing.

Called criticism. Learn to handle it (e.g. stating arguments).

(edited by illo.5106)

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Good suggestion. Dailies are the main cancer of this game. So many friends burned out of this game already because of them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

STRanger.5120

Yeah, but that’s exactly not the point of this forum, use your brain please.
Also, there is a big difference between pointless criticism (not wanted) and constructive criticism (appreciated).
And now, suck it up m8

#ELEtism 4ever

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Check the Topic “QoL to daily Achievements” there is a big discussion going on already

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lik.7345

Lik.7345

And what about those who can’t make the weekly, because they only play 3 days a week and don’t want to focus on making it? Should they get a weekendly?

That exactly why I’ve done this suggestion.

If “player A” play 2 hours all seven day of a week he get 7 laurels for 14 hours gametime.

If “player B” play 2 hours on Friday, 6 hours on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday he get 3 laurels for 14 hours gametime.

Same efford, less than half as reward, I think this is not as good, also take in mind that if this change happen peoples that want can still do what they do now and get same rewards.

(edited by Lik.7345)

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yet an argument that can come up is that not everyone has enough time to play to get the Weekly. Should they just suck it up and work on the monthly instead? Should we also be given a Yearly for those who miss out on being able to complete the Monthly? I guess what I’m saying is that there has to be a balance to what these systems have to offer. That being getting rewards for a day of playing, and getting rewards for playing for a month. Players can get both, but that’s inevitable. Some people happen to have, or make, the time to get all of it done.

Also STRanger, that is the point of this forum. People post something that they’d like to see added to the game, and people discuss whether or not it should. Suggestions need to have counter arguments or else ArenaNet won’t know how wanted they are. They ultimately decide if it’s a good idea, or if it’s a bad idea, and giving them both sides of the coin helps them come to this conclusion.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

STRanger.5120

Also STRanger, that is the point of this forum. People post something that they’d like to see added to the game, and people discuss whether or not it should. Suggestions need to have counter arguments or else ArenaNet won’t know how wanted they are. They ultimately decide if it’s a good idea, or if it’s a bad idea, and giving them both sides of the coin helps them come to this conclusion.

Or, you know, doesn’t respond at all…..
However, to clarify my statement, I agreed mainly on the idea of the “weekly” construction of achievements instead of “daily”, but the mechanism should be different than suggested in this topic I guess.
So whenever you play daily or just a few times in a week, you could achieve the same result if you invest the “required” amount of time in these achievements. I hope that makes sense, you know, it’s Friday, so I’m kinda dumbed down by working all week.

#ELEtism 4ever

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yep this method will mainly help the casual player, but also several other king of players.

1) A casual that play on occasion but never check the daily because he found that boring, will be able in the course of the week to complete some of the weekly and get some laurel, while in the daily he never play enough or with enough diversity to get 5 daily each time he play.
2) A casual player that play only in the week end, will be able to get max Laurel in the same game time as a casual that play only 1-2 hours per day.
3) A more hardcore player won’t be punish if he skip a couple of days because or work, school or social activities. He will be able to collect all of his laurel latter on that week.
4) A completionist will be able to play all week as he wish and then take a couple of hours in the week end to complete all Achievement he didn’t complete naturally during the week.

Edit: @ TriggerSad you are also right. If they implement weekly, some people could ask for montly only or yearly. So where is the end of it. I thing there is a balance to reach. A balance that won’t be like by everybody. I think that daily is a bit too short period of time. Most people only have a couple hours after work/school to play and each time you have something else to do after your day, well you miss the daily. On the other end, yearly is just ridiculous in my opinion. That why like others i think that weekly and monthly are a good middle ground. Its not perfer for everyone, but i think it a good thing for most people.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Daily change to Weekly

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

I like this idea. I feel obligated to play every day because I don’t want to miss out on laurels. Dailies definitely burn players out, even dedicated hardcore players. I like the OP’s idea of keeping 14 rotating daily achievements but holding laurels till the end of the week and then rewarding 1 laurel for every 5 achievements up to 7 per week. This essentially is the same as what we have currently but allows some freedom to not play everyday and still get our laurels, without making them easier to get because you’ll still have to do 35 daily achievements taking at least 3 days(2 if you do pvp as well).