Dances...or lack of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kristof Bowen.7345

Kristof Bowen.7345

This is really just a cosmetic thing. But Guild Wars 1 set the bar pretty high in this area having each class(10 classes) have their own dance and then each sex(2 sexes) of that class having a different dance emote. Which came out to 20 different dance emotes, not counting special edition dance emotes.

Guild Wars 2 seems kind of lacking in that department with only 5 different dances specific to races. I mean you have 8 classes, 5 races, and 2 sexes – that potentially comes out to 80 different dances.

I am not saying to go make 75 new dance animations right this second, but you could probably import the 20 dance emotes from Guild Wars 1 to the human characters.

Dance Emotes
Guild Wars – Guild Wars 2
Assassin m/f – Thief m/f
Warrior m/f – Warrior m/f
Ranger m/f – Ranger m/f
Mesmer m/f – Mesmer m/f
Necromancer m/f – Necromancer m/f
Elementalist m/f – Elementalist m/f
Paragon m/f – Guardian m/f
Ritualist m/f – Engineer m/f

And the remaining Monk m/f and Dervish m/f dance emotes could be assigned to any 2 Norn classes.

That would leave you with 55 dance emotes to animate.
Anyway just thought I would make the suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I agree that more dances are needed but not that many . Since they already have it broken down by race why not just add a different dance for women of the different races.

in Suggestions

Kristof Bowen.7345

That would just be 10 dances, half the amount in Guild Wars 1.
You should expect more from a sequel, not less.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

hey how about they include new dances in the gem store….that everyone can partake in

IWANT GANGNAM STYLE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

And there is a Lady version too so males get the first one the gals get this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=wcLNteez3c4

(edited by Gummy.4278)

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

That would just be 10 dances, half the amount in Guild Wars 1.
You should expect more from a sequel, not less.

Actually that would be Par for the course . When GW1 came out there were 5 professions and 10 dances .

in Suggestions

Kristof Bowen.7345

True, but with your original logic Guild Wars 1 would have had only 2 dance emotes, 1 for the Male Human and 1 for the Female Human.

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

the reason im saying Male and Female for GW 2 is because theve already broken daces down by race and not profession .