in Suggestions

Posted by: Rounder.6703

Rounder.6703

immersion my friend, immersion

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

When immersion gets in the way of fun, something has to give. I’d rather lose a little immersion, and be able to do the things I want to do. I play video games for light-hearted fun and enjoyment.

Waiting until daytime to go through Kithicor Forest with a low level character was a nightmare. I’d rather not see that sort of thing again.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astaldo.3081

Astaldo.3081

Night could be ALOT more dangerous.

‘’What a horrible night to have a curse.’’

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Rounder.6703

When immersion gets in the way of fun, something has to give. I’d rather lose a little immersion, and be able to do the things I want to do. I play video games for light-hearted fun and enjoyment.

Waiting until daytime to go through Kithicor Forest with a low level character was a nightmare. I’d rather not see that sort of thing again.

It would be way more fun to have the difficulty increase during the nighttime by requiring use of a torch (or have a friend who carries a torch).

New mobs that come out at night, new dynamic events at night.

Do you not know how to think outside of the box?

The average person can easily see how all this would do is IMPROVE the fun and excitement factor (as well as the realism immersion).

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Sepentor.5487

Lord Sepentor.5487

totally agree day and night should follow server clock time just like the real world

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

It would be way more fun to have the difficulty increase during the nighttime by requiring use of a torch (or have a friend who carries a torch).

The average person can easily see how all this would do is IMPROVE the fun and excitement factor (as well as the realism immersion).

It’s dependent upon playstyle. It would improve the fun for someone who has a playstyle similar to yours. It would reduce the fun for someone who has a playstyle similar to mine.

Do you not realize that other people have different opinions.

And you cannot speak for the “average person” (what does that mean anyway?) .. All I’m hearing here is: “If you don’t agree with me, you must be weird.”

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Rounder.6703

It’s dependent upon playstyle. It would improve the fun for someone who has a playstyle similar to yours. It would reduce the fun for someone who has a playstyle similar to mine.

Do you not realize that other people have different opinions.

And you cannot speak for the “average person” (what does that mean anyway?) .. All I’m hearing here is: “If you don’t agree with me, you must be weird.”

The problem here is you are pandering to your own interest, and I am pandering to the majority of people.

The majority of people want VARIETY in a game.

Having the same content, same weather, same everything is not variety.

Guild Wars 2 prides itself on “Dynamic Events”… yet it can’t even accomlish day/night and dynamic weather?

Guild Wars 2 in its current state is really lacking in the Dynamics that the developers promised us.

While i appreciate that you enjoy the game in its current state, this is more than an argument about what I like and what you like.

This forum is about suggesting ways to IMPROVE the game… not to stiffle the innovation because you want your fluffy bunnys to be able to roam freely 24/7 without nighttime or rain.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellie.1432

Ellie.1432

Absolutely agree. Very immersion breaking.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Rounder.6703

Question is Anet going to put in the programming hours necessary to make such a huge change to the game.

Adding realistic nighttime with a different set of mobs/dynamic events would require NEW content on every single map… essentially DOUBLING the content of the current game.

All the current content took years to make… adding day/night would probably end up being years of programming.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

i second the motion for adding random weather.

It would be awesome to see some snowfall in Queensdale

Well not snowfall in queensdale, lol. The weather would be for zones thats appropriate for them. So shiverpeaks would see snow queensdale more tornados and rain. Possibly lightning but like I said, hard to add something that just zaps players all around without being annoying.

A tornado would be awesome and maybe give it some physical effects to the game as well.. It would be funny to hear in map chat “Thatkittentornado stole my mob” or “Did you see that centaur fly”.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Rounder.6703

If there are tornadoes would we be able to attack the tornado to gain experience?

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Where is it night? Ever?

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apostle.3180

Apostle.3180

Should also be like in Zelda Ocarina of Time, at night zombies and ghost come out…….

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I wish that I could tell the difference between day and night without pointing my camera in the sky.

Playable Tengu please!

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apostle.3180

Apostle.3180

I wish that I could tell the difference between day and night without pointing my camera in the sky.

Look at the ingame clock ????

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Look at the ingame clock ????

The one that tells me what time it is where I live, or the clock that tells me what time it is at A-Net’s HQ?

Playable Tengu please!

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kael.8037

Kael.8037

I would really like to see the synchronized day/night cycles across servers. I think this would be a good way to handle it, the immersion breaks and funny zone jumps wouldn’t be a problem then!

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: ClintonD.8620

ClintonD.8620

Question is Anet going to put in the programming hours necessary to make such a huge change to the game.

Adding realistic nighttime with a different set of mobs/dynamic events would require NEW content on every single map… essentially DOUBLING the content of the current game.

All the current content took years to make… adding day/night would probably end up being years of programming.

It has been confirmed they will be regularly adding new DEs and such, so I’m guessing it will not be too hard to make dynamic events that are tied to the day/night cycle. There’s already weapons that are tied to the Day/Night cycle, so it’s not like it can’t be done.

It doesn’t have to be that all of the DEs are changed at night, maybe a few new ones here and there.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: ClintonD.8620

ClintonD.8620

I made another post about Day/Night cycles earlier today where I mentioned that it’s be nice to see better sunrises and sunsets. Also, i noticed that the sun and moon don’t move in between rising and setting.. Wish they could make it so that they move naturally.

Also, if they revamp the skies, it’d be awesome if they used Rata Sum’s nighttime sky texture. It’s gorgeous.

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I’ve posted about the day/night system before.
Here is what I said then.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Day-Night-recycle/first#post87195
This morning I log in Divinity’s Reach and went to Queensdale.
It was night and then it was day.
I just loaded fraps,recorded this and loged out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmgwAv4bYA
I know most players don’t care about day/night systems,but imo,the system of GW2 with every instanced area of the map having it’s own day/night cycle,is one of the worst systems ever applied in MMOs.Top ten.
It literally destroys an already broken immersion.I mean…bugged terrain,bugged weather effects,or missing ambient sounds is not enough?
What is the point of having such a bad system in a game?
Just to say that you got a day/night cycle?
Well you don’t.
Is this a system that one can be proud of,and talk about it in an MMO manifesto?
Say what?
Every instance will have it’s own day/night cycle because in the world of Tyria there are more than 30 suns and even more moons?
I see people complain about how mounts are not compatible with the lore of GW.
And this day/night system is compatible with the lore?
It’s incompatible with the lore and even more ,it’s incompatible with the human brain.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Day/Night Cycle

in Suggestions

Posted by: eyenigma.6273

eyenigma.6273

Sad to necro a thread, but this is something that has been bugging me for a WHILE.

The two hour day/night cycle is way too fast. It doesn’t make sense across zones either – it’s often jarring and a bit immersion-breaking. I would love to have a 24h cycle, ideally, but even something more unified would be preferred.