Dead Wars 2

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Can you bump up the power of NPCs across the world which are under constant attack? I don’t think it would affect that much, it’s pretty lame seeing dead NPCs everywhere I go. I like that reviving them contributes to most renown hearts, but, really, some places, people are just constantly wiped out ..

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

The “good” NPC’s are almost always weaker or outnumbered.

Sure the player is supposed to help and do the most in the quests but a Soldat should be better than that. Also another think I noticed is that the “army” of Lion arch seems to consist of 20-80 man. Sorry but.. that’s not an army.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Maybe they’re all necromancers. x3

The problem about the concept is… that if there were no players online Lions Arch would fall. I beg you. Lions Arch’s strongest people fall after 5 undead servants.

Undead or not they’re servants.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

I agree with everything Coopziana has said thus far. NPCs are just the right strength, because it only takes one or two heroes to turn the tide in most events. I also agree that NPCs should only get rezzed when someone actually revives them. It isn’t very realistic when they all pop back to life just because you killed the last of the attackers. While this game obviously isn’t going for realism, I think a little touch of it in this case would make the game more captivating and interactive.

Now that being said… a lot of humanoid monsters have a class, so to speak, and they’ll use a limited number of skills from that class. I would like to see our friendly generic NPCs do something besides auto attack. Even if the strength of those abilities was toned way down, they look very pathetic when fighting. They just kind of stand there until they die. For peasant types I understand this, but for soldiers, make them like a warrior or something and let them each have a few of the warrior skills to use, so they do something.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Ray.3780

Yes, I understand the illusion of giving the player a sense of purpose, but really? The story, which is a single player chain of events, which pit one person against the odds, one hero (even though there are thousands of us online) to unite the Orders and take down a common enemy.

So basically I have to believe that of the millions of people in Tyria, not a one can defend themselves against any of the threats without ME and only ME there to save them. It’s kinda lame.

I’m not saying they all have to live, but from a personal perspective, I would rather run into a dynamic event, and be like, oh my gosh, these people are fighting to the death, they need my help, rather than .. oh, dear, everyone’s dead, looks like it’s up to me again. I’d like to see maybe a couple veteran or champion NPCs mixed in who can be super weak and can’t finish the event themselves, and have enough regeneration to be standing there perpetually taking damage or something.

Or maybe, if enough time has elapsed since everyone nearby died, rez all the appropriate NPCs so there’s a large chance you’ll walk in on a firefight instead of a deadzone.

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

I wouldn’t mind the idea of one or two champion defenders who are super ultra bunker types. I would of course assume that they couldn’t actually kill the invaders, only defend nearly indefinitely.

I wouldn’t mind walking into more epic battles. I would also like to see this one champion defender periodically use an ability to revive the dead guys, instead of having it just happen like you suggested. I think this would really increase the chance of walking in on a fight instead of a funeral.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It would prolly help if the good npc’s had at least 1 veteran of their own in these camps.

However if they made them all more powerful how would we get our rez quota in the daily.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Ray.3780

True, getting an easy ten rezzes is easily done by going to any of dozens of known areas full of dead people, I can see that being a pain.

A Champ bunker with an AoE NPC revive is a great idea though, I like that alot. Just to be clear, I’m mostly talking about lower level areas which have definitely seen a downturn in no. of people, no need to change Orr and any world events like Jormag, just general events.

Another idea would be to dot some ‘Determined’ (Immune to Damage) NPCs and enemies duking out around the place, just to feel like there’s this constant battle going on or something.

I think something really needs to be done to make map exploration fresh, interesting and engaging, now that we’re almost a year in, many people are on their Xth 80 and alot of people I know would rather blow gold on leveling via crafting than face the zones again.

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Can you bump up the power of NPCs across the world which are under constant attack? I don’t think it would affect that much, it’s pretty lame seeing dead NPCs everywhere I go. I like that reviving them contributes to most renown hearts, but, really, some places, people are just constantly wiped out ..

I also find it annoying, but I think there is a real reason for this:

If the friendly NPC would be significantly stronger you could easily abuse them. Just lure or pull the enemy mobs to them and let them do the dirty work, with very little risk on your part. I have doing this when I friendly NPCs around, especially if my character is seriously underleveled for that map zone.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Ray.3780

There are plenty of things to abuse – e.g. OP weapon kits which can be taken all over the map, see Fireheart Rise’s grenade kit. But, you have fun, right? And isn’t that the point during levelling and grinding? Killing that champ by working together with a strong NPC.

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

For clarification sake. you mean non-mob NPC?

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Ray.3780

Yes, I do mean non-mob NPCs.

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Ah.

Okay.. One reason they have them dead is for the daily that comes by time to time to rez 10 allies. These NPCs count that is why they don’t do anything to address that

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Dead Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maulor.9847

Maulor.9847

the intent behind GW2 is for players to be the “hero type”… this means that we’re generally stronger, faster, and more robust than our NPC brethren…