Dead should mean Dead. (Non-Ressurectable)

in Suggestions

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Okay, so I know the “Downed” state is controversial and people have mixed feeling about it. I personally don’t care for it but I do like the choices you have to make, and the ability to rez your mates.

However, I think once someone has been KILLED From downed to DEAD, they should not be rezzable. This simply doesn’t make sense, and in two big aspects.

First, it confuses new players in dungeons. I’ve watched people trying to rez a “Dead” player during an encounter, sitting there like a duck and eventually get downed and killed themselves. The fact that the game UI says “HIT X TO HEAL THIS PLAYER!” could be confusing and make some players think they are healing a DOWNED not dead player.

The second is in the context of WvW. Just today I literally took on an 8v1 battle and managed to take an elementalist down to DEAD with my guardian, using Wall of Reflection to survive the assault, but after I killed said ele I died. I then had to watch all the players spam heal the dead person and up them once again. This allows players to regain map positioning without even deserving it, for lack of a better word.

I don’t think dead should be revivable. You’ve died should mean you have to respawn at a waypoint!

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Suggestions

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I think they should just gut the down state completely and add a class that has the ability to spec for reliable, continued healing or mitigation. No, i don’t mean the marginal heals of the Guardian class, i mean like a real healer class. Down state adds nothing to the game in any way, shape or form. It’s cool the first time, but it does not serve a purpose. Nobody cares about downed health or damage, especially in PvP. It’s not an angle with which you can improve combat or team play, it’s just stupid fluff. You should die immediately after losing all your health since everyone has a heal skill. They should stop care-bearing and hand holding with the design. It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay depth, it’s just a gimmick and a stupid one at that. Adding a healer class and designing encounters around team integrity would do wonders to aid the disjoint content delivery in this game. It would give players more reason to group outside dungeons, it would make combat a lot deeper and strategic if it wasn’t just healthbar whack a mole and then downstate so i can throw rocks and get rezzed. It’s a completely asinine mechanic. Take it out and actually improve the game.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

I think they should just gut the down state completely and add a class that has the ability to spec for reliable, continued healing or mitigation. No, i don’t mean the marginal heals of the Guardian class, i mean like a real healer class. Down state adds nothing to the game in any way, shape or form. It’s cool the first time, but it does not serve a purpose. Nobody cares about downed health or damage, especially in PvP. It’s not an angle with which you can improve combat or team play, it’s just stupid fluff. You should die immediately after losing all your health since everyone has a heal skill. They should stop care-bearing and hand holding with the design. It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay depth, it’s just a gimmick and a stupid one at that. Adding a healer class and designing encounters around team integrity would do wonders to aid the disjoint content delivery in this game. It would give players more reason to group outside dungeons, it would make combat a lot deeper and strategic if it wasn’t just healthbar whack a mole and then downstate so i can throw rocks and get rezzed. It’s a completely asinine mechanic. Take it out and actually improve the game.

soooo, in other words, you want a return to the trinity mechanics that areanet specifically said they were moving away from. not gonna happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

I like it how it is, and I see no reason to change it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

I didn’t like the healer units cuz they were excessively used to keep one guy alive to kill everything and it screwed things up beyond likeability..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terra.9506

Terra.9506

they intent to remove healer class from game since start. and personally i think healer class is the most boring class to play in every MMO and RPG maybe developer think in the same way i did that’s why they consider to remove this class and give more ability to take care themselves to every class .

it not fair when people fun to fight with enemy and do amazing number of damage while 1-2 people in party stand back and do boring job like healing/rez , run around like helpless when monster look at them as first priority target and took all complain when they failed to take care party.

in Suggestions

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

hmm.. it seems like people are getting the vibe that I want to remove the downed state? which is clearly not what I stated in the original post.

hmm.. it seems like people are getting the vibe that I want to remove the downed state? which is clearly not what I stated in the original post.I said when someone is DEFEATED or KILLED, face first on the ground, can’t do anything, etc (can I make it any clearer?) They should be forced to use a waypoint to resurrect. I don’t think other players should be able to slowwwwly heal up the person and bring them up from BEING DEAD. After all, they are dead, and a Thief/Mesmer/ETC is not really a profession that seems fit for resurrecting the DEAD.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If they made it so dead ment dead it would be near impossible to kill some bosses . I’m going to take a wild guess and say you PvP more than PvE do to your example so lets compromise here i propose dead means dead in PvP but stays as is in PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is working as intended.

if it is not broken dun fix it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

its working as intended,

this game dont really offers healing party abilities (a few exceptions exists for a few proffessions) but you cant heal your party members in a battle, so its another game design to at least be able to rez them while downed / dead

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

This is how it works. If you get zerged in WvWvW it’s normal that your enemies will ress their dead. Your server mates will do the same to you. Moral of the story: don’t fight many enemies at once.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

This is how it works. If you get zerged in WvWvW it’s normal that your enemies will ress their dead. Your server mates will do the same to you. Moral of the story: don’t fight many enemies at once.

This.

Also, granted while no one should be stopping to resurrect a dead player if they’re at high risk of being downed and killed in the process, there are utilities that accomplish this without spending a full minute kneeling by a corpse, which is just another decision to think about when building your character.

(edited by Archmortal.1027)

in Suggestions

Posted by: vlaka.2198

vlaka.2198

downed state is a pain in the rear imo.
Warriors are all but useless when downed while other classes can leap around or vanish.
Specially annoying in spvp…

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“Warriors are all but useless when downed while other classes can leap around or vanish.
Specially annoying in spvp…”

Unless someone insta starts stomping you you actually can get up. With sweet vengeance there’s a decent chance you can kill them (especially if you got them low and they aren’t a thief or memser – or ele now due to the change).

down→someone starts stomping 1 second later→hammer before they finish→if your vegeance is at less then 3 seconds, you get up, if you kill them you are alive.

ATM I think the engi has the worst downed bar. Pull is about as he has.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

getting rid of the single best feature in the game? the one that makes this community so friendly?

thanks, but no thanks.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Defeated characters make good bait because they can be rezzed.
In WvW I can’t remember how many times we managed to defeat players trying to run in and rez their defeated comrades.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

They really just need to remove the downed system completely. I hate everything about it. And while you’re at it, remove waypoints from explorable dungeons and allow the team to wipe in the instance and start all over. This will encourage more teamwork, less kitten zerging.

No one ever agrees with me for trying to make things harder, but seriously. This downed system isn’t fun, especially in explorables. Although explorable dungeons are just not fun, half the time players are trying to revive downed players only to get mauled by an AoE attack. And then, once you’re dead they just run back from a waypoint and join the fray again. WTF?… Where is the point in this? What is the challenge?

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

downed state is a pain in the rear imo.
Warriors are all but useless when downed while other classes can leap around or vanish.
Specially annoying in spvp…

This is another inherent problem. Balance. There will never be a way to balance the downed system unless ALL PLAYERS HAVE THE SAME SKILLS. Ugh I hate this system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

agree this bothers me a lot in wvw outside of wvw its ok. downed is fine but ressing dead in wvw is making it impossible to win against a larger army using tactical maneuvers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Except, this game doesn’t have a ‘Dead’ state. It’s a ‘Defeated’ state.
But I do see the concern with people res-zerging one another in WvW.

Here’s my suggestion:

Limit the number of people who can be resurrecting the same person in WvW.
- Like 2 max
- Cause 4 to 7 makes it way too fast.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalendel.5406

Kalendel.5406

Love the downed system and the defeated system. It was intended to address the problem of only certain people or professions being able to rez someone. The dungeons require it. I don’t think I’ve heard from too many people who can do all the bosses without anyone getting downed, some for sure, but not all. It wouldn’t make sense to rewrite everything for that.

In WvW, I really enjoy the downed state. I play a guardian stacking vit and toughness primarily and I can run into large group of enemies and scatter them while still giving myself enough time to run back out and heal, popping CD’s of course. If I fall, I have a guildmate who watches my back and picks me up quickly. It has become part of our strategy to work this way, you really just need to adjust yours too. You likely won’t win in a 5 vs 15 battle so maybe it’s better to hamper and slow the 15 rather than killing 5, or even 10, before you all die, while still waiting for reinforcements when you know they’ll rez and gain ground before your reinforcements arrive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

@ Terra
[b]they intent to remove healer class from game since start. and personally i think healer class is the most boring class to play in every MMO and RPG maybe developer think in the same way i did that’s why they consider to remove this class and give more ability to take care themselves to every class .
it not fair when people fun to fight with enemy and do amazing number of damage while 1-2 people in party stand back and do boring job like healing/rez , run around like helpless when monster look at them as first priority target and took all complain when they failed to take care party.[b]

Not everyone feels the way you do, just cause you do not like healing doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t. Stop thinking of your self and consider that others beside you play this game.

Res and downed state

• Nice touch allows a player to stay in the fight in a crucial time
  • This is not WoW players will eventually learn not to Res dead people, stop trying to WoWify GW2 it only brings in the Stupid
  • you went 8v1 how did you think it was going to end for you?

In All honesty I just think you were mad cause the person you killed got to get back up and play on field advantage and you had no friends around to do the same for you. With that said removing this feature to the game is in a lack of a better term absurd. Like another poster commented this mechanic is producing friendly players and allowing people to talk when they probably would not be talkign in the first place. If you think that Ressign a person is stupid than I can’t think of 1 MMO that hasn’t had that ability in the game. WoW, AoC, Rift, SW:ToR, WH, Aeon and so on Gw just does it differently is all. So stop complaining if you don’t like it don’t do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I think they should remove it in PvP but leave it in PvE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Most people do not Res in PvP, I know my guild when we do TPvP we don’t res

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terra.9506

Terra.9506

well.. whatever i say it didn’t change anything about the game. i’m fine if they consider to put Healer to the game in the end [it even good for me. because it make my life easier] i know every MMO have healer but GW2 designer want to make it different their reason is clear and result is not too bad.

well.. whatever i say it didn’t change anything about the game. i’m fine if they consider to put Healer to the game in the end [it even good for me. because it make my life easier] i know every MMO have healer but GW2 designer want to make it different their reason is clear and result is not too bad.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

(edited by Terra.9506)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

So stop complaining if you don’t like it don’t do it.

I like it everywhere but inside wvw there are huge benefits of removing it even if you loose a battle you would still weaken their army.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

It makes more sense in WvW than in anything else. The advice of “adjust your strategy” is the solution to being annoyed by it. It’s a mechanic. Learn to take advantage of it. If you can’t then you probably aren’t helping your group as much as you could.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leeain.2431

Leeain.2431

It is ok. Don’t change it.

People should just understand how does it works.
A lot of time me, or team friend, died when the fight was over… why we should return in the way point, waste time running back to the party… risk of aggro (mobs or players)…
Just ress.

If some one waste time ressing in combat and the party wipe, is just noob… honestly, if there is coordination, you can ress in combat.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, is not my language. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tenebram.8975

Tenebram.8975

Downed state is incredibly helpful for soloing in PvE.. it shouldnt be removed just because some people dont like how it works in PvP.. as far as being downed vs dead I dont really think that should be changed either right now it keeps it pretty balanced, in the OP’s example.. even if they could not res the elementalist there would still be 7 people there who could easily wait for the elementalist to run back.

If something /had/ to be changed I would say just make it so a person cannot be res’d from dead state while the person trying to do it is in combat, downed can be restored while fighting is going on but if someone is dead/finished off they have to either go to a wp or wait for combat to end before someone can get them up

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Defeated =/= Dead

Just who the hell do you think I am!?