Dear Devs: On Behalf of Lots of GW2 Players, Don't Increase lvl Cap

in Suggestions

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I made a thread on the “Guild Wars 2” Discussion forums. I asked what everyone would think if the level cap increased when an expansion was released. Not a single person would enjoy that lol. It would seem best to keep the level cap at 80 and make all new content lvl 80 only in addition to what there is already. It would be nice to be able to go to Cantha, Orr, Ring of Fire, Crystal Desert, and Elona all at level 80. If the level increased, the lvl 80 gear would become inferior, thus, creating a gear treadmill which is exactly what you wanted to get away from.

Here is the forum thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Should-Level-Cap-Increase-in-Xpacs/first#post539747

So on behalf of everyone who plays this game and would like to see it stay true to what it is all about, keep the level cap 80. Though I am sure that you weren’t planning on making this game have a gear treadmill.

The reason I bring this up is because I read somewhere that Anet said they are planning on implementing new levels in future expansions.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

I was already disappointed that GW2 even had levels to begin with, because they were all but removed in GW1. If the cap is ever increased, I’ll just leave, simple as that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Well that seems a bit dramatic. Leaving because the level was raised, even though it’ll have little effect and you’re ALWAYS gaining XP anyways?

New levels wouldn’t bother me. Numerically, it doesn’t seem like a necessary thing but it really wouldn’t even matter as far as I’m concerned. Experience flow is practically nonstop, the only thing I think would irk me is that it would lead to higher stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Well that seems a bit dramatic. Leaving because the level was raised, even though it’ll have little effect and you’re ALWAYS gaining XP anyways?

New levels wouldn’t bother me. Numerically, it doesn’t seem like a necessary thing but it really wouldn’t even matter as far as I’m concerned. Experience flow is practically nonstop, the only thing I think would irk me is that it would lead to higher stats.

Ok allow me to clarify, if they ever introduce higher level gear, or increase the level cap that also increases base stats, then I’ll leave. The only reason I see why they would increase the level cap, would be to introduce a new tier of traits so they could provide us with more trait points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

I honestly wouldn’t mind level cap raise. It’s exciting to me hehehe. Just love the feeling of LEVELING UP <3

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

You should definitely change the title, because it is not on behalf of all of us. If they raise the cap, they will add more traits, so I am fine with that. It isn’t hard to get to 80 and if they keep the same pace to 85-90 or whatever, I will be great with that.

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

in Suggestions

jayvux.4128

Maybe after level 80, they should call it…“ASCENSION LEVELS”…err “ELITE LEVELS” up to 100 or something, i don’t know

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Hopefully they follow GW1 and dont increase level. With the current level cap i feel the trait balance is about right. Its just enough to get some nice trait balance but not master into everything. Not to mention with higher level would come gear all over again which is about as far from there goals as you could get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Adding extra levels without either automatically increasing existing gear or giving a way to increase gear level, at least for Dungeon and Legendary items, would not be very wise.

In any case, if people just want more trait points, they could be added without having to raise the level cap. For example, as a reward for dungeons, or at certain points of the personal storyline, or like skillpoints, or at the end of mini-dungeons, as if they were ‘advanced’ skill challenges.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

jayvux.4128

to be honest it’d be awesome if they rank the level ranges like…1-80 (Beginner), 80-100 (Elite), 100- whatever (Legendary). But that’s just my preference hehe

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Kasei.8726

Ok allow me to clarify, if they ever introduce higher level gear, or increase the level cap that also increases base stats, then I’ll leave. The only reason I see why they would increase the level cap, would be to introduce a new tier of traits so they could provide us with more trait points.

Still seems silly. They wouldn’t need to increase the level cap to introduce new traits since, as I said, you are ALWAYS gaining experience. All they’d have to do is change how things are gained at 80, or maybe make the trait points a reward for doing something simple (but maybe time consuming).

I wouldn’t be opposed to new levels and higher stats so long as it’s not a really terrible jump (ie, 78 cata greens vs 78 wrath greens.) and I’m not too worried about it because if Anet wasn’t sure they could do it, it wouldn’t happen.