Differentiate The Races More

in Suggestions

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

I think all the races should be differentiated, because as of right now the race system is bland. Such as the near useless racial skills, that basically no one uses. So other than the racial skills there is no difference between the race’s other than appearance. So I think the race you choose should determine the class you pick, such as an asura being more suitable for scholar classes and norn being more suitable for warrior/ranger/necro. It doesn’t make sense that an asura warrior can hit as hard as a norn warrior, and a norn elementalist can do same damage as a asura elementalist. So I think each race should get a higher set of stats to the classes that pertains to them. Such as a norn getting condition damage, health, and power, or a human getting power, condition damage, and toughness stats increased.

So here are my thoughts on how each race should be suited for the classes.

Asura: Engineer, Mesmer, Elementalist
Charr: Warrior, Engineer, Thief
Human: Elementalist, Guardian, Thief
Norn: Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer
Sylvari: Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I don’t like the idea of potentially feeling “punished” because I don’t like the look of race X.

Also very unlikely, see race specific elite skills.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Too many thread already exist about that. Its a core basic design choice made by Anet. They want to make all race equal. You can do a Asura Warrior and its gonna be equal to a Norn Warrior because they want player to do what the hell they want with their character and not push player to create a specific race for each profession because it the best choice. Terra went the opposite way by giving short race more difficult to hit, but with short range in melee so small race make better caster and big race are better in melee. Those two choice are both good, just different. Gw2 went one way, and Terra went the other way. No chance at all that they change that once the game was release and they would be really stupid to change it now. I got a Asura Ranger, a Charr Guardian, a Sylvari Engineer, a Human Mesmer and Sylvary Necromancer. By your logic all of my character wouldn’t be the best choice for their profession. This would be one of the worst change they could do. I don’t say it’s a bad idea for a game (Terra did it really good), but it not good for Gw2.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

So you want to punish people for having a Norn theif or a Charr ranger? I’ll pass

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

I like having all of the classes available to each race. However, I have always had the opinion that there should be an additional utility slot specifically for a racial ability. I can’t think of any racial ability that is absolutely game-breaking, and they are severely underused. However, adding them with an additional utility slot would add a lot of variety to fights and matches.

It’s similar to how engineers can have specific abilities on their tool belts based on what race they are. Some racial abilities would lean towards certain classes better than others. For example, I would have much rather made my engineer a charr for hidden pistol rather than the norn I have now… I get to eat eggs. Good times.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Suggestions

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

So you want to punish people for having a Norn theif or a Charr ranger? I’ll pass

It wouldn’t punish you for having a norn thief or charr ranger. All it would do is it would give your race specific stats based on the 3 classes that pertain to your race. Such as human: getting condition damage, toughness, and power…or norn: vitality, power, condition damage. It also doesn’t have to be the 3 stats I stated I’m just giving random ideas to which stats each race gets. This would give more of a variety to races instead of the differences of appearance and useless racial skills.

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i like my asura guardian and i dont want to get rid of him, ive used him for a year and i dont plan to restart

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement